Opinions on new hardware (TV, BluRay, Etc)

mrmagoo_83

2[H]4U
We are in the new house, and trying to equip our 'living room' with some new stuff, considering its empty anything works. The space is a bit limited, and there is only one cable jack, so placement of furniture and hardware is a bit frustrating.

I am wanting to outfit this room for myself, ballgames, a little xbox, movies for now. Upstairs will eventually become a media room, but for now the living room will be where we watch movies.

So I am thinking a 47" or so TV. I have been interested in the LGs as some have wireless 1080p built in, so I dont have to have my cable (FIOS) box on the same wall. I have concrete floors, so I have no where to run cables, and getting a drop in would be a royal PITA. So back to the TV, the room has three large windows, but there is a porch that cover them, a plasma's reflection concerns me, but I drooled over the one at Frys today.

Anyway, I'm thinking a 47" or so TV with a HTIB (I hate 'em, but its cheap). I want to be able to play BluRays, hear my TV, and hear my Xbox all through the HTIB. I just bought a Sony TV and HTIB for my m-i-l and its nice, but Sony doesn't really have the best picture to me.

I am wanting to stay under $1250 or so for the TV, HTIB, & Mounting Bracket/Stand. Which makes it a tight budget. Samsung, and LG seem to have awesome pictures on most of their models, Mitsubishi has awesome DLPs, but I need a smaller TV for wall mounting.

Any thoughts on TVs these days? I am thinking a Plasma for the gaming, but worried about the glare, so LED, but those are expensive, so there is my delima.

Lol, yea I found a few of those, I was like are these people. Frys has a few LCDs & Plasmas on sale, but the guy told me to come back for the Labor Day sale, cause they would have some more at better prices. So I may have to wait till then.

Back