Opinions on this pump

I am gonna go to water cooling for when newark comes out. I was looking at pumps and this (the 780gph one for 47 bucks) was brought to my attention. Would this be a suitable wcing pump? any other pumps that would be as comperable to this at a similar price? thanks for the help.

danner mag 5 has lower flow similar head, danner mag 7 has similar flow and better head.

that pump might be suitable for a restrictive block, as and alternative to a high-end DC pump, however it is probably overkill for most systems. eheim 1250 is a pretty tried and true watercooling pump that works fairly well in most systems, and it moves about 313 GPH (1250 litres per hour).

then again, so long as your rad has the capacity to get rid of the extra heat that that pump dumps into your coolant as compared to a lower-powered unit, overkill is not necessarily a bad thing, depending on what blocks and rad you use.

i'm looking into getting WC this summer, and i had my eye on the same pumps CCUABIDE posted, but probably a lower model... probably the 1200. i take is a danner mag 2 would compare well? also, how quiet would the pump be?

(i feel so weird asking questions.. hahaha)

(cf) it says that all the pumps are quieter then 45dba, and im assuming thats for the highest model, so its probably around like 20-30 dba.

what would be a good pump depends on the rad and block that you would like to use.

the better performing blocks right now are pretty restrictive, and a mag 2 is not up to the challenge. it would be good to look for something with better than 10 feet of head, and more than 300 GPH peak flow. that would allow for performance par with the good DC pumps.

for a low price, the via aqua is solid. you have to mod it to quiet it down, but it's cheap and usally gives enough flow for okay performance.

for good performance, the dangerden and swiftech D4 12 volt pumps are very nice, and they are easy to install.

to get performance similar to the D4, you need a mag 5 or equivalent pump. not all competitors get as much head as the danners, so keep an eye on both flow and head. 10 feet of head or more is desirable.

what pump would you say would go well with a RBX or a TDX block. i think i remember hearing the RBX is a block that needs highflow. Im gonna use a heatercore instead of a rad, cause the price is cheaper. most likely this heatercore, as i have heard great things about it.

I have the 1200 and it is quieter then I expected. I was doing some kitchen sink testing with everything but my rad, which I dont have yet. I have cheapo 40-80mm fans are louder. If you submerge it, it should be that much quieter. There is a review out there somewhere. Biggest Con: AC powered.

For more 27 shipped it had very good price to performance for an Inline pump. Via aquas are cheap but only the bigger ones can be used inline.

Im no expert. I just spent a lot of time at work researching because Im between projects

sorry, i should have been clear: the via aqua 1300 is the pump that i meant to mention as a solid pump.for the RBX (a good block) or the d-tek whitewater (a better block) i think that the 300 GPH peak flow and 7 ft maximum head would be the minimum for an AC pump. better AC would be more than 500 GPH with 10 ft. excellent DC would be one of the various brandings of the D4 pump.

the pump that you have posted fits the bill, it seems, as long as it is reliable. at that price point, you can get the danner mag 7, which has somewhat better head and is very reliable.

the DC pumps cost more, but are smaller and easier to hook up. you also don't have to buy a relay to control them.

so go with the via 1300, 22 bucks from d-teks sight, the d-tek whitewater, which i saw a reivew on and is a tiny bit better then the RBX, for ~50 bucks, and a heatercore,17 bucks?

CCUABIDExORxDIE said:
so go with the via 1300, 22 bucks from d-teks sight, the d-tek whitewater, which i saw a reivew on and is a tiny bit better then the RBX, for ~50 bucks, and a heatercore,17 bucks?
the 1300 wouldn't be the worst pump to use, but the unit that you put up to start with has much more head. the 1300 has the flow, but it only has 6 feet of head.

http://www.bigalsonline.com/catalog/product.xml?product_id=27409&category_id=3855&pcid1=2181

it's a good pump, for about the price of the other that you were looking at, and it also gets 10 feet of head. it is quiet and reliable as well.

Back