Optimal way to cut wood -- for a computer lab desk!

Status
Not open for further replies.

kleptophobiac

Supreme [H]ardness
I'm building a set of computer lab tables for a local school as a volunteer, and we need to figure out how much wood to buy. I know how many of each length of cut I need, but I'm not sure exactly how much wood to get or what the best way to cut it is. Being a bit of a nerd, i thought i might write a computer program to figure it out assuming a certain amount of kerf. I'm also a lazy bum that doesn't really want to write that computer program if a free one is already out there.

Anybody know of one?

Mod Edit: Off topic for GenHard. You might want to post it here: http://www.hardforum.com/announcement.php?f=40&announcementid=50
Thanks ~ Papa-Ming

The optimal way to cut wood is with a saw. This being [H]ard|OCP, it must be overclocked and watercooled, LED's would be a nice touch as well. :p

Seriously though, just write down all the measurements and take them to Home Depot, they'll cut the wood for you.

hmmm...suddenly I have the urge to mod my skill saw :eek:

Table saw, if you have one. You could get a Home Depot worker to do it for you, but don't count on tip-top accuracy.

Get graph paper. Use graph paper to lay out all the pieces on 4x8 sheets of plywood.

Do not buy the lumber at lowes/home depot. Call a cabinet company in town and ask them the best place to buy wood.

I own a cabinet company if you need more info.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back