overheating psu?

SeanL9941

Weaksauce
Its hot as hell in my room, my water cooled system is boiling..

my psu is hot all around, and blowing hot air

my system

E6300 @stock
asus P5B motherboard
2gb Wintec pc2 6400
8800gts 320mb Evga version
1 80gb Wd Pata
1 pioneer dvd burner Pata
1 320gb Sata 2
1 250gb Sata 2
3 80mm fans in front
3 120mm fans overlapping for radiator
3 120mm fans on top blowing air in
h20 is on cpu only its the h20-120 swiftech

my room is hot as hell so i think the psu is just getting hot + look at the pic my 12v rail is reading 10-11...wtf..

if i launch orthos the cpu temp goes up to 70-80-90..etc but that all leads back to the psu being hot i think its 'heating up my tubes' as well' the 8800gts and the psu are damn near (but not) touching the tubes, i'm sure thats an issue as well,

if the psu is not providing enough power will stuff overheat like this?

thanks

sean

my.php

How are you reading those values? The PSU +12V line looks way to low

Your system would not boot at voltages that low. The cause of your problem is most likely heat but not from the PSU, not low voltages from the PSU.

Why is your water cooling approaching 100c?

thanks for the replies,

i am using a program called everest , if you have any other suggestions on a program that you guys trust let me know, in bios the 12v is fine @ 12v but on that everest its reading way low, could just be the program

as to why the temps get so high, i swear it has to be the videocards fault, heating up the tubes, + where my rad is the exaust from the 8800 is shooting @ the inlets on the rad

temps right now as i type this are at 46c w/ 2% cpu usage, with it fairly cool in my room like high 70's not quite 80's

gpu idles at 60c,

since i asked my first question way back when it started, i unplugged 2 of the top 120's and 1 of the front 80mm and the voltage stayed the same as did temps

How hot is the ambient temperature in the room? If it's high 80s into the 90s, you're going to have some problems.

What PSU are you running? You have a pretty good load on it.

Crank your fans up on the water cooling up or get faster ones. If you can't keep your room temps lower you will have to put up with the noise. Also run your case open as that should help if the case temps are higher than ambient.

If the GTS is blowing hot air at your radiator, you need to move the radiator, pure and simple. Maybe buy a radbox? As much as I hate seeing those things hanging off the back of a case, it may be your best option.

On my POS Thermaltake Silentwater system with similar in-room temps, mid to high 70's F just guessing at how it feels with 4 120mm case fans and the GTX fan forced to 100% my CPU idles at 30C, the card at 64C, but GTX's tend to run a little hotter.

This pic is old, but the configuration is still about the same, just changed out fans/optical drives and added a fan controller. Just to give you an idea of how things are mounted up in my case for comparison.
machine-open.jpg

yea, it is mounted on the outside, w/ a rad box, its a stacker case, w/ 2 120 spots in the back the top is empty(for now) take a look at the pic, i know its bad, and the size is not right, but maybe you can get the point?

i circled the areas in red where i think are the biggest issues w/ heat for my cpu temps pretty much where the tubes are withen 1-2 inches of psu or 8800gts

i actuallyput a pice of cardboard between the videocard and the tubes on the outside, that seems to help a little

its a 550watt cooler master (100bux dec 05 from newegg) COOLER MASTER Real Power RS-550-ACLY ATX12V
the 3 fans on the rad are
panasonic panaflow>radbox>panaflow>radiator>cheapy that came w/ case

sorry for lame drawing i dont have a camera

my.php

All software programs will read the same mobo sensors, making them worthless. The only way to accurately measure your rails is with a multimeter.

N/M:

Got my posters and pictures mixed up.

It'd be a pain, but couldn't you move the pump to the upper optical drive bays, and route your tubing through the 120mm hole, thus keeping all of it away from the other heat sources in the case?

Back