p1498_TETHERED VESICLES

SmokeRngs

[H]ard|DCer of the Month - April 2008
Just out of curiosity, is anyone running any of these proteins?

I'm currently crunching one of these. It's a Gromacs core that's worth 542 points and I'm currently getting about 250 PPD out of it on a 3.2 Ghz C2D. It doesn't sound like a crappy PPD overall, although I just got the C2D and I'm not 100% sure about all the proteins and speeds yet when run on this thing.

However, this seems like a protein that would have some type of bonus. It's currently using almost 250 meg of RAM with 320 meg of Virtual memory. The only proteins I've seen that use near this much RAM were QMD's. I know this isn't a QMD but I figured for this much RAM usage there would be some type of points bonus. I have a 364 pointer that's using less than half the RAM and less than half the virtual memory usage and it's pulling over 550 PPD. I do realize the 364 pointer is a bigpackets and does have a points bonus.

Does anyone have any more info on this protein? This isn't the first time I've had a protein using this much RAM but I didn't really pay much attention to the couple or few others I had. I'm thinking one protein that had similar RAM usage ended up being worth around 800 points or something but I'm not sure. EMIII had no information on that protein and I haven't seen an updated protein file.

Hi smokerngs this one has been enhanced to 805 points so yes you do get a bonus;) :D

C2D is an Intel Core 2 Duo.

Hey, Smoke... Are you running in Windows or Linux? I just got mine running the SMP client under Ubuntu. Nice PPD boost.

C2D is an Intel Core 2 Duo.

Hey, Smoke... Are you running in Windows or Linux? I just got mine running the SMP client under Ubuntu. Nice PPD boost.

He might've wanted to know which model is running at that clock speed.

I swear I'm forever doomed to fold these 364 point gromacs. I think I'm on my 6th in a row now.

I'm running windows as it's my main box. Otherwise I would run Linux on it for the PPD boost from the SMP client.

As for which model and stuff my processor is, it's in my sig.

And I definitely wouldn't be complaining about the 364 pointers. I do anywhere from 500-1000 PPD day on them depending on which one I get. I love those things.

Smokerngs My reply seems to have got lost in the melee, the points for the P1498 feathered testicles has been adjusted to 805 points after much lobbying at the FCF.;) ;) ;)

spike

Smokerngs My reply seems to have got lost in the melee, the points for the P1498 feathered testicles has been adjusted to 805 points after much lobbying at the FCF.;) ;) ;)

spike

I saw your reply. and thanks. I was thinking the points on it may have been changed since I had had one before but never remembered getting anything that said 805 points.

Five or six pages of reasoned whinging worked the trick with the project sponsor at the FCF;)

Back