P35C-DS3R USB2 as USB1?

Rajveer

Limp Gawd
Hi guys, I'm running Vista x64 with a P35C-DS3R and only 2 of my USB ports are recognised as USB2. I installed the correct drivers for the board (version 1.1) but don't know what's wrong. Under Universal Serial Bus Controllers in Device Manager I have:

Intel(r) Ich9 Family USB Universal Host Controller - 2934
Intel(r) Ich9 Family USB Universal Host Controller - 2935
Intel(r) Ich9 Family USB Universal Host Controller - 2936
Intel(r) Ich9 Family USB Universal Host Controller - 2937
Intel(r) Ich9 Family USB Universal Host Controller - 2938
Intel(r) Ich9 Family USB2 Enhanced Host Controller - 293A
Intel(r) Ich9 Family USB2 Enhanced Host Controller - 293B

Is this normal?

Yup, USB2 hard drives, USB2 mp3 player, USB2 memory card readers, all having the same effect, fast in the 2 USB2 ports and slow in the rest :( Should I try separately uninstalling all USB ports and reinstalling them with the chipset drivers?

Hold on a minute, trying a USB2 hard drive in any port results in transfer speeds of around ~30MB/s which is definately a good speed, however devices such as my USB2 mp3 player and flash-card readers which used to work really fast now transfer at ~4MB/s so maybe they're being seen as low-speed devices?

Yep, both Gigabyte's and Intels are at 8.3.1.1009. However I seem to remembering installing 8.3.1.1011 sometime, and trying to reinstall 8.3.1.1009 goes straight to "Installation Successful". I doubt there's anyways to uninstall and reinstall chipset drivers without formatting, so any advice?

Well, I'll post the solution in case anybody else needs help. After "chkdsk X: /f" where X is the drive letter, I can access my mp3 player with speeds of around 15MB/s which seems right. This was on a Vista x64 computer, where everytime I used to plug in the flash drives/mp3 player I was asked if I want to scan and check for errors, which has disappeared after the chkdsk.

EDIT: Scratch that, still doesn't work for my USB flash drive. I don't wanna do a format and reinstall, I don't know how many times I've had to do that the last few months. Anyway of uninstalling and reinstalling mobo drivers?

Back