P67 Sabertooth & 2600K build

Ultra Wide

[H]ard|Gawd
Picked up a 2600K and P67 Sabertooth. Reached 4.6GHz without any problems. Voltage is 0.944 to 1.344 depending on the load. Temps are 30C idle and 62C on the hottest core while running Prime95. I am using a Megahalems Rev. B and GT-AP14 to cool it down. Very quiet and super fast!
On my previous B2 Deluxe with the exact same settings and components I could only manage 4.5GHz, hehe I am getting an extra 100MHz. :D

Here are some close up pics and final build:

http://randomimagecollection.blogspot.com/2011/03/asus-p67-sabertooth-motherboard.html

Last edited:
Picked up a 2600K and P67 Sabertooth. Reached 4.6GHz without any problems. Voltage is 0.944 to 1.344 depending on the load. Temps are 30C idle and 62C on the hottest core while running Prime95. I am using a Megahalems Rev. B and GT-AP14 to cool it down. Very quiet and super fast!
On my previous B2 Deluxe with the exact same settings and components I could only manage 4.5GHz, hehe I am getting an extra 100MHz. :D

Here are some close up pics and final build:

http://randomimagecollection.blogspot.com/2011/03/asus-p67-sabertooth-motherboard.html

Excellent build and nice photos.

Keep us updated, especially if everything is fine as most posts only deal with issues.

Nice looking build! Surprised to hear the sabretooth is beating the deluxe in oc. Those better caps and chokes seem to really come in handy.

Very clean build. My Sabertooth P67 should be arriving early next week too :)

Nice looking build! Surprised to hear the sabretooth is beating the deluxe in oc. Those better caps and chokes seem to really come in handy.

I think ASUS is trying to aim the Sabertooth line as their bear bones OC boards.

Anyways.

Good luck with the OC, Can't wait to see pictures of your case setup. I had a Sabertooth and it was a great OC board. Best of luck!

looks nice guy, that cover plate takes a little getting used to tho...your build looks excellent...wonder what board temps are under that cover..

thats great :D

i've got my 2600k at 4.8 in my P67 Sabertooth :D

looks nice guy, that cover plate takes a little getting used to tho...your build looks excellent...wonder what board temps are under that cover..

From what I've read, with a cpu fan that pushes air down, it decreases temps. Very moderately, like a degree or two.

Folks have used it with third party coolers that generally don't push air down on the cpu or watercooling with no issues at all. Keep in mind the heat sink for the chipset is exposed so the cover doesn't really present a problem.

The cover can be removed, which is probably what I'll do with mine. You can also add a fan to push air down, there is a removable cover that exposes a slot for such a fan. I forget the size supported but its in the documentation.

From what I've read, with a cpu fan that pushes air down, it decreases temps. Very moderately, like a degree or two.

Folks have used it with third party coolers that generally don't push air down on the cpu or watercooling with no issues at all. Keep in mind the heat sink for the chipset is exposed so the cover doesn't really present a problem.

The cover can be removed, which is probably what I'll do with mine. You can also add a fan to push air down, there is a removable cover that exposes a slot for such a fan. I forget the size supported but its in the documentation.

All excellent points and true. The only problem with a 50mm fan is the noisy. I've spent quite a bit of money just trying out fans to find the right combination. A 50mm fan would put all the trial and error to waste. :D

On my particular setup the temperatures are very good. Supposedly the components in the Sabertooth are rated for much higher temperatures and tolerances so heat should be less of a concern.

Nice, I have two Sabertooth boards sitting here next to me waiting on UPS to deliver the rest of the parts. Looks like plenty of clearance there, I guess there won't be any cutting of fins for VenomousX I'm sticking on there.

actually, THIS fan is very quiet. I used it to cool an MCP350 hacked to a mcp355 a while ago.

I'm curious as to whether that cooler could interfere with things like a TV tuner card or other PCIe x1 card. I really like the idea of the higher spec components on a mobo though.

actually, THIS fan is very quiet. I used it to cool an MCP350 hacked to a mcp355 a while ago.

I'm curious as to whether that cooler could interfere with things like a TV tuner card or other PCIe x1 card. I really like the idea of the higher spec components on a mobo though.
any idea how long it's been out of stock? I can't find it for purchase anywhere

I don't think this is necessary as long as you have good airflow in your case.

Back