[PC Game] Defense Grid for 5$ on Steam.

Bought the game. Simple and fun. Typically by the time you get the level built up how you want it, it is over! hhehe.

Bought it. Not too far in but I like the difficulty progression.

I just wish I hadn't found this when I should be studying for finals

I can't beat the last level...Why did the difficulty go from enjoyable to impossible in one level?

I looked up guides online - found this and STILL failed.

http://www.mhaller.de/archives/88-Defense-Grid-The-Awakening.html

I've tried about a dozen times and not getting anywhere. Farthest I've gotten is wave 25 out of 30 and I've already used my laser at this point ---- soooooo how is it done?

yeah.. use the laser whenever you get it.. I like to clear out a large a group as possible so my guns can concentrate on the survivors. A few minutes later you have another laser ready. Seems like one shot every 5 waves?

In for one as well. Cant wait to get home to download this to my home pc. Gotta love the 5 dollar price point :)

I looked up guides online - found this and STILL failed.

http://www.mhaller.de/archives/88-Defense-Grid-The-Awakening.html

I just read that link and know that it would not have worked for me.
There are fliers that need missiles. I actually placed two missile launchers and eventually had to upgrade one to yellow and the other to red. This guy seems to have none.

Also, he seems to have gone through a lot of trouble. I did not have to place towers all over the map.

On every map, I try to build a kill zone where I slow them down and have strong towers surrounding them. Also, make them go to the cores and come back through the same path. Then, each tower is used twice, once in each direction. This makes them more efficient.

On the last map, I had three kill zones. It was difficult and took me many tried until I finally got it.

As soon as you get the laser, wait for a bunch of them to get close to the cores and hit them. Then, it will recharge.

Last edited:
As soon as you get the laser, wait for a bunch of them to get close to the cores and hit them. Then, it will recharge.

Yeah, I seem to remember the narrator saying something about the laser recharging quicker when more cores are at the reactor thing. I'm not even near the last level yet because I don't have much time to play with finals coming up :(

I got stuck last night on I guess the second to last level, at the player's home city, I believe.

If you need more hints, post in the gaming forum and I will help, if you PM me and let me know where it is.
Let's keep this thread free of spoilers. I will move my previous posts to it as well.

Had so much fun I thought I should share it with a friend. Make that 2 purchases for me :)

The game is great, but seriously... they need to fire the person who wrote the voice acting lines and make him write bad quality childrens movies for the next decade. The "British Computer" 's lines ruin every level for me. I'd be much happier with a voice that was robotic and voice lines that weren't out of place, repetitive and unessential.

The game is great, but seriously... they need to fire the person who wrote the voice acting lines and make him write bad quality childrens movies for the next decade. The "British Computer" 's lines ruin every level for me. I'd be much happier with a voice that was robotic and voice lines that weren't out of place, repetitive and unessential.

I enjoyed them the first time around. More variety is always good though.

Bought it...played it, oops it's 12midnight already. I'm an FPS fan when I was young but this...this game rocks especially when you got kids.

yeah, thanks to the op for this one. i've been having tons of fun with this. need to find a way to tape down the "F" key though.

Just got better with window mode!

But I don't know how much "skill" it takes to beat the game. I already beat the game and now going through in "story challange" with only guns and temporals and already on crossed signals.

Just got better with window mode!

But I don't know how much "skill" it takes to beat the game. I already beat the game and now going through in "story challange" with only guns and temporals and already on crossed signals.

Ya its really not that difficult once you figure out where to set a good a choke point. I just got all Gold Medals on the regular story mode on my second play through/first try. The check point saves make the game wayyyy to easy too. I try to avoid using it unless something unpredictably stupid happens.

I am starting the "Challenge" mode now for all gold. Hoping it proves to be harder.

I have played a few levels on "story challenge" and it's a little tougher but not by magnatudes. Any other ways to juice out some replay value? Level editor??

the voice acting is REALLY good for a $20 budget game im not sure what you were expecting.

crap, missed this deal

man....dusted off my gaming rig just to DL this and saw it was $20 again

ahh well...DLing the demo...if its good i might just pony up the money anyway. i love tower defense games

Beat the last level yesterday. Wasn't super tough. Just had to figure out the right path to lay out.

Beat the last level yesterday. Wasn't super tough. Just had to figure out the right path to lay out.

Once you figure the path out, the last level on grinder mode is rather satisfying to play :)

Are there any other TD games like this? This is my first crack as this type of game and I absolutely love it!

FUCK! I FINISHED THE LAST STAGE! Hahaha! 5 hours son! Did you guys get gold on that shit? I only got a silver.

I had to buy/sell towers to confuse the aliens and they go back and forth while my guns, cannons and meteors hit them.

Back