PCP&C 1KW-Quad

LittleMe

2[H]4U
Just got my PCP&C 1KW-Quad in today and it's a whole lot bigger than I thought. I guess I should have checked before but it will not fit in my Lian-Li V1200.

Who out there has this PSU and what case are you using? Do you have an pic's of it installed? Thanks

I can confirm that it fits in the Enermax XPS981 monster, and XP901 predecessors, but requires major reinforcement or it'll rip itself apart. (No real support save the backplate.)

Lian-Li PC73SLB, 7077, and a couple other top-mounts will hold it stock.

Generally speaking, anything that puts the PSU behind the HDD cage won't hold it right. TJ07 is a no-go, all LiLi V-series are no-go without modifications, the list goes on and on. You'll need 11" from the backplate forwards to actually fit that monster. And some sort of support underneath it, always. Worst case you can always install a crossbar like I did with my XP911.

LittleMe said:
Just got my PCP&C 1KW-Quad in today and it's a whole lot bigger than I thought. I guess I should have checked before but it will not fit in my Lian-Li V1200.

Who out there has this PSU and what case are you using? Do you have an pic's of it installed? Thanks

Is the difference between the quad sli turbo cool 1kw and the regular 1kw model just the extra 2 video card connectors?

nippyjun said:
Is the difference between the quad sli turbo cool 1kw and the regular 1kw model just the extra 2 video card connectors?

It's just output connector changes, yes.

AreEss said:
I can confirm that it fits in the Enermax XPS981 monster, and XP901 predecessors, but requires major reinforcement or it'll rip itself apart. (No real support save the backplate.)

Lian-Li PC73SLB, 7077, and a couple other top-mounts will hold it stock.

Generally speaking, anything that puts the PSU behind the HDD cage won't hold it right. TJ07 is a no-go, all LiLi V-series are no-go without modifications, the list goes on and on. You'll need 11" from the backplate forwards to actually fit that monster. And some sort of support underneath it, always. Worst case you can always install a crossbar like I did with my XP911.

Thanks, Looks like I'll be ordering a new case.

LittleMe said:
Newegg has the standard 1KW and so does monarch I believe.

I actually meant where can the quad verson be purchased..

Also, is it better to get the regular version or the quad version if you only have 2 video cards for now. Is it better to get the quad one for the future possibility of quad vid cards or maybe in the future each card will require 2 plugs anyway?

Thanks.

Probably, as it'd support a quad-SLI rig.

the 1200 should fit it, but you'll have to take a plate out. The 1200 and 2000 series are both the same length, IIRC.

That's way more power supply than most people need. I seriously considered one when my Enermax died.

mounting depth for the psu area on a lian-li pc-v2000 is about 9.5 inches, just a tad over like 9.623

u can remove the hdd drive rails if you want

edit

the thing that's kinda funky with the pc-v2000 is the cut out hole for the fan on metal psu fan holder thing

notice how the fan guard metal thing sits underneath the psu fan holder

this makes the length of the psu a little longer

u can just pop open the psu and remove the metal fan guard so it will sit flush

If you have the tools let it stick out the back a little bit nad go to lowes or somewhere and get rods to hold psu plate out 2-3 inches or so. I am sure that would give you the necessary room.

nippyjun: not sure of anywhere yet besides the manufacture. I'd either is fine for server or gaming, it's just the quad changes a few of the connectors for PCI-E power connectors. I have my evga 7900GTX's on order and hope that they'll release their quad sli cards soon so I can step-up to them.

Generaluser45 and piako: thanks for the pics. It looks a little tight in there but that'll work out great. I love the look of the Lian-Li V series cases.

i have one installed in my CM Stacker, but its in the upper bay area. the lower PSU option will accept it with no worries, but in the upper bay of the T01 i had to do a lil bit of an adjustment.
computers086.jpg

i found the motherboard spacers/extenders to be the same thread as the psu face plate. since i had so many extra, it worked out nicely. :D

Cpt Twitchy said:
If you have the tools let it stick out the back a little bit nad go to lowes or somewhere and get rods to hold psu plate out 2-3 inches or so. I am sure that would give you the necessary room.

He doesn't even need any tools... All you need is 6 m3 stand offs as the PSU plate is mounted with that thread type...

Ok that works a lot easier. I prolly woulda made it really hard and boiught a threaded rod and cut it and use end nuts and all this other junk.

That looks like ass. I am sorry. I prefer my systems parts to be inside the case. This is one of the reasons why I didn't go with that PSU. Though if I had I would have installed it in the lower area where there was room for it.

Instead I opted for two smaller PSU's, and I've cabled them together using CoolerMaster's supplied cable.

Dan_D said:
That looks like ass. I am sorry. I prefer my systems parts to be inside the case. This is one of the reasons why I didn't go with that PSU. Though if I had I would have installed it in the lower area where there was room for it.

Instead I opted for two smaller PSU's, and I've cabled them together using CoolerMaster's supplied cable.

do you run both video cards off one PSU?

Fits fine on TJ07 according to a member on this forum called "theseeker". Plus both Silverstone and PCPower&Cooling confirmed to me in writing that it will fit inside TJ07.
So I wish people on forums think twice before passing opinion as fact :eek: ;)

ff4c4cff.jpg

Back