Pep Boys Brake Pads

Morphes

Supreme [H]ardness
Alright this is by far the best deal I have seen in a while, I work at pep boys and today it was a madhouse behind the counter. EBC greenstuff pads (usualy around $80) and rotors (usualy $250 a pair) were selling for as low as $2.00! Although my store didnt have a ton of pads or rotors we did have a few and we could get some from the warehouse. I walked out of there with 3 sets of pads, and 2 rotors for $14!

so to get this deal call your local pep boys and ask:

I am looking for EBC brake pads and rotors for my [insert year, make and model]

be prepared to be asked for, size engine, 4 wheel drive, 4 wheel disc

Good luck and get them before they are gone :)

haha, nah these are awesome brake pads, google them up man. People who get them swear by them.

the greens are excellent road/track day pads with good initial bite, little fade, and very little brake dust. Will call them tommorrow.

yeah some were hit and miss, its usualy the rear pads that are more expensive for some reason.

Is this a special deal, going out of business sale? This seems way too fishy for it not to be some sort of clearance or GOOBS (Going out of Business sale... YAY I just coined my first internet acronym).

I was just in PB yesterday, and for the SECOND time, the schmuck behind the counter tried to sell me the wrong pads (didn't have the correct ones- a '90-'91 CRX Si uses different pads than the DX model). But Autozone had the right ones, and I'll be buying from them in the future, too. Morons!

Called for a '05 9-2x, '05 WRX, '01 Ranger, '06 Legacy, '93 Maxima and a '05 Accord...they either didn't have anything or if they did it was $80+ :(

Be nice if you said which car you got the deal on to see if maybe someone else out there with the same model could snag something :)

p.s. For all the above cars they said they would need to call another store (ie kragen, autozone, etc.) on at least one part (front/rear/rotors) so I don't know if they are going out of business or if maybe they are all owned under one parent company now.

I hate AutoZone. I worked for them for a few months and it was the worst job experience I've ever had. Sure, they hire people that know their parts but the thing that ruined it for me is the customers. I hate the customers that know NOTHING about cars and act like they know what they're talking about and I hate the people that come in asking me shit like "What's the best wax?" I dont fucking know. Pick one. They all do the same thing.

But damn... $2 for the green EBC pads? That's insane.

i just called and the guy said he had never even heard of that brand...i seriously hate the pep boys in my town.

they tried to tell me they charge $80 to run the diagnostic testing (obd2) when i can go less than a mile and a half down the road and get it done for free at advance auto parts.

I hate AutoZone. I worked for them for a few months and it was the worst job experience I've ever had. Sure, they hire people that know their parts but the thing that ruined it for me is the customers. I hate the customers that know NOTHING about cars and act like they know what they're talking about and I hate the people that come in asking me shit like "What's the best wax?" I dont fucking know. Pick one. They all do the same thing.

I think every job has some level of that. But that's what Pep Boys does, they try to sell to the layman. You have no idea how many people come and ask me how to do things they have no idea about. I have to say it's a breaking point for this job too. I really liked computers but when I have someone trying to plug a 120mm fan directly into a 120V power outlet... I just don't know how many times I can tell them that it's not smart to wire it that way. :( I feel your pain, that's why I'm moving to a different field of work.

Pep Boy's isn't going under, they're just discontinuing the EBC Greenstuff pads. Unfortunatly my local pep boys doesn't have anything for my Subaru :(

i do track days and hit the backroads pretty heavy. the EBC greenstuff are worth it. but it seems as though the $2 was an isolated incident.

so it turns out what happened was that our computer guy was supposed to lower the prices of all the ebc pads but instead changed the price to how much he was supposed to lower it to. pretty funny if you ask me.

so it turns out what happened was that our computer guy was supposed to lower the prices of all the ebc pads but instead changed the price to how much he was supposed to lower it to. pretty funny if you ask me.

you mean he was meant to lower it by $2.00 but changed the price to 2 bucks instead? Craps... well, good for you i guess :)

Back