Phenom 9750 95w

MassiveOverkill

[H]ard|Gawd
I picked one of these up at Fry's and just doing some research, it seems that these are pretty rare. I've got mine up to 3.0 Ghz on a cheap Biostar 780G mATX board, and I think she can go further. I may end up selling it to some co workers however, but you think it would be unfair to charge more than the $140 I paid for it since it's a B3 95 watt stepping, which I'm see going for about $200 (125 watt version is $145).

It's just like the lower wattage X2 6000+ Windsors; they showed up too late and in too little numbers to effect anything (as in the market's perception of them being power hogs). The low wattage versions aren't necessarily better overclockers. They may peter out at the same speed a 125w model will. Phenoms are a special case because a lot of chips+board combinations have issues overclocking purely via the HT in unlocked models. They are of course better at running at stock speeds and undervolting as that is why they were separated out from line. One notable exception for AMD in terms of popularity and availability is the low wattage Brisbanes.

http://www.hardforum.com/showthread.php?t=1335628
Look at the age on that thread. Doesn't look like many hit the market. Amazon still only has 1 and it's up to $211!! :eek:

Back