Phenom II 940 Upgrade advice

ferrisnox

Gawd
So I run the MB in my sig, I currently keep it oc'ed to 3.4Ghz full time with water cooling, but even with my GTX 470 it still seems a little slow in some games(FPS). Could my cpu/motherboard be holding back my 470? If so should I upgrade the whole board, or just pop in a six core? Also how much gain would we be talking if I did that?

Thanks

Additionally I should say, if it makes sense I could goto an intel system... I just try to keep AMD in business.

you shouldnt be bottlenecked.......try going higher on your OC....with water you can probably hit 3.9 nicely

I have a 23 inch monitor 1920*1080
I just stopped playing Bad Company 2....got bored. Just stopped playing L4D2, Just stopped playing, Liked HAWX, Just stopped playing Cod MW2.

Looking for some new interesting games too.

most games arent going to get any benefit going from 4 to 6 cores. you will probably need to go with i5 or i7 if you want to get more of a cpu boost. that being said i still love my 1055t.

Most games aren't cpu limited so going intel wouldn't get you much increase. If your fps are really low maybe try reinstalling the newest drivers.

over clock it to 3.6ghz and you will remove the cpu bottleneck.. 3.6 is the sweet spot for these chips and high end gpu's.. anything after 3.6 is just a bonus..

3.6 Quad I wouldn't think would be a bottleneck and upgrade to a 6 core wouldn't help to much.
Maybe try a bit of OCing on that 470.

Back