Pictures of 7900GT AND GTX

Price aint bad, the die is half the size and consumes much less power.. .also has a much greater potential to overclock ;)

" Nvidia recommends a price of approximately $499 for retail cards"

I think only your price gougers are going to charge 649..

Now I just wish they use a proper cooling method so you can stack the cards without worrying much about heat... especially important if you are going to run sli with a sound card..

I am shooting for the GT but that cooler looks like the size of the one on my 6600GT, I hope EVGA sports a better cooler than that one. Oh well I guess we will find out tomorrow.

TheInquirer said:
The 7900 GTX 512 might end up slightly slower than ATI's X1900 XTX but we learned that at heavy load, at 1600x1200 FSAA with Aniso on, ATI can keep up.

Does this statement make sense?

Can't wait to step up to an eVGA 7900GT Superclocked... and a new home for my Zalman. Those specs make it seem like the 7900GT will be right around the same performance as a 7800GTX/256. 24-pipelines, clock speeds in the same ballpark, just with a 10% higher memory speed.

I wish nVidia would have designed a more low-profile cooler for the GTX 512. Ive said it before and I'll say it again, I hate the way that thing looks. Its just way too damn big. :(

yeah they better come out with a better cooling system. looks like the GT is a strong offering but aside from it's LOUD ass fan noise I think the 1900XTX might stay on top for this round.

dR.Jester said:
I wish nVidia would have designed a more low-profile cooler for the GTX 512. Ive said it before and I'll say it again, I hate the way that thing looks. Its just way too damn big. :(

I agree. That cooler is huge.

It says that the cards use the same RAM and yet one is clocked at 1600Mhz and one at 1320Mhz. I would guess that that GT memory should overclock well then if this is indeed true. Although I a little disapointed the cooler doesnt cover the RAM like the 7800 series.

As the classic saying goes "take everything from the Inq with a grain of salt". Im still doing so with the pictures. If they're true, than the Inq may be proving themselves worthy of belief. I however think that nVidia may be using the coolers that they displayed on the Quad SLI boards. I can't be 100% sure of that, but I got a gut feeling for it, we'll see soon enough though, only 1 more day! :)

metallicafan said:
I agree. That cooler is huge.

It says that the cards use the same RAM and yet one is clocked at 1600Mhz and one at 1320Mhz. I would guess that that GT memory should overclock well then if this is indeed true. Although I a little disapointed the cooler doesnt cover the RAM like the 7800 series.

Well usually they cherry pick, ram that doesn't make the cut usually ends up going to lower range video cards. So it could be that they are essentially all the same and OC well or it could be that they coudln't make the cut.

dR.Jester said:
As the classic saying goes "take everything from the Inq with a grain of salt". Im still doing so with the pictures. If they're true, than the Inq may be proving themselves worthy of belief. I however think that nVidia may be using the coolers that they displayed on the Quad SLI boards. I can't be 100% sure of that, but I got a gut feeling for it, we'll see soon enough though, only 1 more day!

Yeah those coolers looks a little too crummy to be offical coolers (except for the GTX one of course). Sometimes companies can throw a few curve balls by leaking diffrent cards or diffrent styles out.

Hey...

Nice to see them pics. Anyways, Just abit OT here... Ockie and then some asked why I choosed to removed my posts here at [H]. Well the vendor called me and asked me kindly to remove them, so that no one gets into trouble. Plus there was some outstanding funds with regards to the Opterons 280s, so they're also upgrading those to the latest 285s!! I AM SOOO EXCITED!!! Frankly, all I wanted to do was cooperate and get what we ordered here stat... alas it's not their fault in the first place... :D

Anyways, with all the news poppin out around about the 7900s, I guess you guys isn't missin anything... NDA or not...

Updating my sig to reflect my soon to be rig!

PS: I got penis envy for your Galaxy Terabyte File Servers Ockie! Spooge! :D

Cheers all!

- KrulL

KrulL said:
Hey...

Nice to see them pics. Anyways, Just abit OT here... Ockie and then some asked why I choosed to removed my posts here at [H]. Well the vendor called me and asked me kindly to remove them, so that no one gets into trouble. Plus there was some outstanding funds with regards to the Opterons 280s, so they're also upgrading those to the latest 285s!! I AM SOOO EXCITED!!! Frankly, all I wanted to do was cooperate and get what we ordered here stat... alas it's not their fault in the first place... :D

Anyways, with all the news poppin out around about the 7900s, I guess you guys isn't missin anything... NDA or not...

Updating my sig to reflect my soon to be rig!

PS: I got penis envy for your Galaxy Terabyte File Servers Ockie! Spooge! :D

Cheers all!

- KrulL

Ahhh cool beans... man they are keeping a tight lid on this one. I'm so pumped I can't even explain how excited I am :) Maybe I need a life... rofl.

Ockie said:
Ahhh cool beans... man they are keeping a tight lid on this one. I'm so pumped I can't even explain how excited I am :) Maybe I need a life... rofl.

Hey I'm right there with both of you! I bookmarked all relevant e-tailers and can't wait to snatch up some 7900 GTX's, haha!

From what I heard, its supposed to hard launch on the 9th. My roommate is getting one in the next day or 2 because... and i wont mention who... is sending it to him early cause he ordered the 7800 512, and they werent getting any more in ever, so to make it up to him, they actually refunded him money, overnighthing it to him free today or tomorrow, and it only cost him 500 or so.

I can keep yall posted if you want.

Wow, the Asus card *does* have the King Kong crap all over it. I thought the initial pics were fakes.

I actually wouldn't buy the card for that reason alone, I don't want some stupid gorilla all over my new hardware. That, and of course the reason that compared to eVGA, Asus tech support sucks.

Wait, so this is going to be another 6800GT/Ultra fiasco?

The 7900GT has 24 pipelines and the 7900GTX has 24 pipelines. One is just clocked lower and has half the memory.

Hmmmm.....

This is going to be verrry interesting :)

Monarchcomputers.com already has the 7900GTXs listed in their new arrival section!

http://www.monarchcomputer.com/Merchant2/merchant.mv?Screen=CTGY&Store_Code=M&Category_Code=NA_4

Only XFXs are listed so far. I still don't see the BFG ones I'm getting... I see though that the highest list price is 625.69USD!! That means I can get them RAPTOR X's from Monarch as well!! JOY JOY!
biggrin.gif
(I pre paid for my 7800s at 800USD+ that never came... like Comedian's friend's scenario above...)

WOOT!!

Edit: Seems like they caught wind of [H]'ers noticing, since as fast as they went up, they're already gone from the listing... oh well. theheheh :)

http://www.theinquirer.net/?article=30129

WTF?! I know we're not suppose to take the inq too seriously but this got me thinking:

So, the codenamed G71 in that case is nothing more than NV47 die, shrink-made for Sony's Playstation 3 and the relabelled as the GeForces 7900 GTX and GT. A tad more evolutionary than revolutionary, we suggest.
Any truths to this? /me baffled...
confused.gif

- KrulL

Here it is, my room mate recevied it just an hour ago.

BFG Geforce 7900 GTX OC
specs off the box:

GPU : Nvidia GeForce 7900 GTX
Bus Type: PCI Express
Memory: 512 MB GDDR3
Core Clock: 670 MHZ
Memory Clock: 820 Mhz
Ramdacs: Dual 400Mhz
Api Support: Microsoft Direct x 9.0 and lower open gl 2.0 and lower for windows
Connectors: 2 dual-link dvi-i hdtv
vertices/second: 1440 million
memory bandwidth: 52.4 GB/sec

Heh, friend is running quake 4 right now everything turned up... looking nice,

we will be benchmarking it and posting some results in a bit.
Edit: In quake 4 with ultra mode and 16x AA hes getting almost 60 fps steady. I havent seen it drop below 50 too many times.

Comedian said:
Heh, friend is running quake 4 right now everything turned up... looking nice,

we will be benchmarking it and posting some results in a bit.

Tell him to stop playing games and bench it first, excited ass :p

Comedian said:
Here it is, my room mate recevied it just an hour ago.

BFG Geforce 7900 GTX OC
specs off the box:

GPU : Nvidia GeForce 7900 GTX
Bus Type: PCI Express
Memory: 512 MB GDDR3
Core Clock: 670 MHZ
Memory Clock: 820 Mhz
Ramdacs: Dual 400Mhz
Api Support: Microsoft Direct x 9.0 and lower open gl 2.0 and lower for windows
Connectors: 2 dual-link dvi-i hdtv
vertices/second: 1440 million
memory bandwidth: 52.4 GB/sec

memory clock is at 820? anyone know what the 7800 512 is?

Ok His specs are:

AMD Athlon 64 4800+ x2
Asus A8N-32
2 Gig Corsair TWINX2048-3500LLPRO
Soundblaster X-fi Fatal1ty
Western Digital 74 Gb Raptor

thats the important stuff. benchmarking as of now.

ROFL 16.5K ON STOCK TIMINGS

and the overclocked CPU..

This is making me reconsider just getting a second 7800GTX

Back