PlasmaPong 1.3

Some of you may remember PlasmaPong - it received a fair bit of attention when it was released a few months ago. If you haven't tried it, I suggest you do so. Even if the Pong part doesn't interest you - the real fun is in the Fluid Solver (sandbox mode) IMO.

Anyway, a bunch of screens just got released from the upcoming v1.3, with a new 3D shader mode:

divergencebigvp8.jpg

curlbigxv0.jpg

plasmabigxa3.jpg

*please start threads in the proper subforum*

aznpxdd said:
How do you enable the 3d shaders?
Press L. And by the way, most of the other shader modes (curl, velocity, etc.) look a lot better than the default dye shader in 3D. Use the number keys to select them.

You can activate all this via the UI in Sandbox, but in the actual game, I think you've gotta use the keyboard. All the keys are in the readme (give vorticity a try ;) ).

Any way to lock the simulation speed? The game actualy slows down and speeds up with the framerate.

Thankfully the framerate is constant and can be altered drasticly by messing with quality settings, but I still don't knwo what the intended game speed is (should I be running at 30 or 60FPS?)

I recomend also trtyign out v1.0, you may like it better...

Just read through their forums, they say that 40FPS will give you the intended game speed.

So crank the options untill you get it down to about 40FPS :D

thanks for the link OP, this thing is really cool.. i actually thought to myself that this is the first time i've seen anything like it.. that's pretty rare these days with the usual 'been there done that'.. the sandbox is fun as hell, just wish there was an easier way to take screenshots.. every shot i take looks bad

Sweet!

Been playing plasma pong since the orginal release. Very fun.

Now all it needs in LAN multiplayer, with 4 players. :D

ValeX said:
-- Are the highscores actually being posted?
Nope... I think this is planned for a future release, but at the moment they're just listed in scores.ini...

Unknown-One said:
Just read through their forums, they say that 40FPS will give you the intended game speed.

So crank the options untill you get it down to about 40FPS :D
Some of you on faster CPUs might have to resort to editing the config file. Grid resolution, which is probably the biggest factor in performance and visual quality, is limited to 139x139 in the options, and my lowly 3000+ still gets 37fps at that point...

What kind of game is this. The screenshots above look like acid trips

Back