Play Station Now beta

quimby999

Limp Gawd
anybody else doing the beta, got my code the other da, I have been messing around with it sems to work pretty well so far.

lag and response timeseem ok, I have a 20 mbs down connection with 1 mbs up,Ican get mine to be 3 mbs up may do that to se if it makes any difference, the pings are low too they have a performance meter displayed on screen. reason the beta is only on the PS3 for now, no idea how it might do on a PS4

I'm curious how much data it uses. I have "unlimited" (in theory) bandwidth with Comcast, but if something like this is ridiculous I can imagine them sending out some more of those letters.

my county owned ISP/Telco doesn't even track data usage. I suppose data usage could be an issue for soe.
I

I'm curious how much data it uses. I have "unlimited" (in theory) bandwidth with Comcast, but if something like this is ridiculous I can imagine them sending out some more of those letters.

Unlimited bandwidth? How the hell does one get on that plan? Most I have ever gotten is unlimited data... I would love to be downloading stuff at 1PB/s..

Unlimited bandwidth? How the hell does one get on that plan? Most I have ever gotten is unlimited data... I would love to be downloading stuff at 1PB/s..

Err...I goofed, I just meant they didn't cap me at 100GB per month or anything like that. With some plans they'll start slowing your services down or sending you nasty letters if you go over 250GB in a month. Around here they seem to only really be interested in going after the people torrenting 24/7, but something like this could be pretty data-heavy too.

Err...I goofed, I just meant they didn't cap me at 100GB per month or anything like that. With some plans they'll start slowing your services down or sending you nasty letters if you go over 250GB in a month. Around here they seem to only really be interested in going after the people torrenting 24/7, but something like this could be pretty data-heavy too.

Yeah, I figured you were talking about data not bandwidth :).

As for the PS Now, I am interested in seeing more impressions about it. I might see if I can get it and fire up the old PS3. It seems a little gimmicky to me though, what kind of resolution and lag will you get streaming games?

So, how is the beta going? I've heard they managed to get the latency down quite a bit. It would be fantastic to play some classics again.

I know it probably hasn't been revealed but I'm curious at how they are going to charge for this service. I figure it'll be some type of sub or on a per game basis but it would be nice if PS+ members get some sort of discount or something.

Back