Playstation 3 BESTBUY READ!

BobTheBuilderr0x

[H]ard|Gawd
Alright instead of posting it another 3-7 page thread, read this if you plan on camping your BestBuy. this is from BESTBUYS website!!!

Here are the details on how PS3 Launch Day will work at Best Buy store locations:

All Best Buy stores will open at 8:00 a.m. on November 17. Starting at 7 a.m., store employees will hand out tickets, and each ticket will be good for one PS3 console purchase. (One ticket per customer. See details below.*)

Each store will have a minimum of 20 of the 60GB PS3 Systems and 6 of the 20GB systems.

So, head over for your chance to be one of the first gamers to score the awesome new console, plus pick up all the games and accessories you'll need to complete the total PlayStation 3 experience.

http://www.bestbuy.com/site//olspag...C4D3KFAFQ?id=pcmcat106600050030&type=category

BobTheBuilderr0x said:
Each store will have a minimum of 20 of the 60GB PS3 Systems and 6 of the 20GB systems.
Well, that's saves me the trouble of even considering it. There are already 24 people in line here, so not worth the effort. The tent community outside my Best Buy is up to 12 tents, which is sad considering the first tent went up on the 10th...

KidzMD said:
Well, that's saves me the trouble of even considering it. There are already 24 people in line here, so not worth the effort. The tent community outside my Best Buy is up to 12 tents, which is sad considering the first tent went up on the 10th...

Where are you located?

Fargo, North Dakota.

Temps in the 30's at night now, and there's still a row of tents outside my Best Buy...

KidzMD said:
Fargo, North Dakota.

Temps in the 30's at night now, and there's still a row of tents outside my Best Buy...

Anybody in them? Haha whoever is first in line has all those tents to make everyone else leave :p

KidzMD said:
Fargo, North Dakota.

Are you sure they weren't Indians in teepees?

wow I was suprised when there was 1 tent outside my local best buy when i went to pick up the new EQ2 expansion at lunch.

Could someone get some pictures of these people camping out in tents, I would love to see them lol.

20 PS3's. heh, yea right. My BBY is getting less than half of that TOTAL.

Josh123 said:
Could someone get some pictures of these people camping out in tents, I would love to see them lol.
I'll swing by after work and snap a few, it's really quite impressive the numbers that are there already...

I3eyond said:
Don't count on that..

Seconded.

Also, Best Buy is supposed to ask all campers who show up before Thursday to leave. Whether or not all stores follow this, who knows. But those are instructions from the Corporate Office.

That's just insane, especially for a place like North Dakota. Those guys must really want one bad!

already 10 people camping at the best buy closest to my house....there arent anyone at 2 others nearby. time to change my plans up.

Raines8416 said:
Seconded.

Also, Best Buy is supposed to ask all campers who show up before Thursday to leave. Whether or not all stores follow this, who knows. But those are instructions from the Corporate Office.

Where'd you read this?

I3eyond said:
Where'd you read this?

Good question. I know one store in Cali posted a sign that said the line couldn't start until Thursday due to campers being there over a week early. I didn't see anything that said this was 'corporate policy' though.

IcedEmotion said:
Good question. I know one store in Cali posted a sign that said the line couldn't start until Thursday due to campers being there over a week early. I didn't see anything that said this was 'corporate policy' though.

It's not.

i called 2 best buys and they said they are not letting anyone camp outside their store until noon on thursday.........one other store has 20 people camping now

SkyyNet said:
i called 2 best buys and they said they are not letting anyone camp outside their store until noon on thursday.........one other store has 20 people camping now

I don't think this has anything to do with Best Buy, but instead the property owners.

i work at best buy and we ARE getting 25 ps3's. Possibly 26 as the first poster said.

Skipping school for the ps3 would be lame though. And I doubt theres gonna be any left when I get there later that afternoon lol

Goran said:
i work at best buy and we ARE getting 25 ps3's. Possibly 26 as the first poster said.

Skipping school for the ps3 would be lame though. And I doubt theres gonna be any left when I get there later that afternoon lol

How is skipping school for a PS3 lame if you plan on selling it?

I3eyond said:
How is skipping school for a PS3 lame if you plan on selling it?

(off topic - sorry!) if there are young kids skipping school (middle, high) to camp out for a PS3 couldnt they get in trouble if they were to be reported? isnt it called something like being truant?

SkyyNet said:
(off topic - sorry!) if there are young kids skipping school (middle, high) to camp out for a PS3 couldnt they get in trouble if they were to be reported? isnt it called something like being truant?
truant is being excessively gone.. i dont think any school will care if u miss one day, no matter the cause.

.Wiggles. said:
truant is being excessively gone.. i dont think any school will care if u miss one day, no matter the cause.

Adults could be jerks and call the police to report "delinquent" minors haning around the local BB. ;)

Raines8416 said:
So do you work there? If so you obviously havent checked Retail Insider recently.

You read the Playbook which suggests leavingon the lights?

Kevlarman said:
Adults could be jerks and call the police to report "delinquent" minors haning around the local BB. ;)
All college kids at the BB here...because I considered doing that just to piss them off :p

I3eyond said:
You read the Playbook which suggests leavingon the lights?

I'm not talking about the playbook. I'm merely saying last time I was in work, Sunday, I had checked the latest retail insider. It said we are not supposed to allow people to line up until Thursday. Considering this information is newer then the playbook, I guess you can consider this an 'update' to the playbook.

Back