Please Help!!!

NoobToast

Limp Gawd
Im having an error when I try to boot my PC up. Heres the deal, i had my PC all night last night, and all day, to download the 2.4 patch/play WoW, i almost always turn my PC off at night. So i booted it down at noon today, then came back to it at 3, went to boot it up, and i have the following error:

Windows could not start because of an error in the software. Please report this problem as:
Load Needed DLLs for HAL
Please contact your support person to report this problem.

The specs of the rig are in my sig. I dont want to go reinstall windows if i dont have to A few other things you should now is that its been acting up over the last weeks, whether its freezing up so bad that i had to do a manual reboot, or it just randomly restarts for no apparent reason. Personally, because most of the parts are ancient, i think its just finally starting to crap out on me.

Any suggestions would be helpful.

Download Memtest+ V.170, unzip it, burn the ISO file to a CD, and then boot from it, just like you would do with the XP install CD. Let Memtest+ run for at least three hours on each stick of RAM separately. If you start seeing errors, than your RAM is bad.

Also, go to your hard drive manufacturer's website and download their diagnostic programs to rule out your hard drive.

if your hard drive and RAM checks out, do a "repair install of Windows". Google that for more info on how to do it.

I fixed it, i forgot about the repair on the original XP disk and didn't think to run it until i got done posting. Sorry about the useless post:eek:

is anyone else surprised that this rig will even run WoW? It could be, but maybe the hd needs a defrag.

Dont diss teh rig...its a trooper, i can manage to play BF2 on low, at 640-480.

c'mon now are we no neurotic that someone cannot ask a legitimate question without people thinking i am hating?

c'mon now are we no neurotic that someone cannot ask a legitimate question without people thinking i am hating?

Meh. It happens. Though I don't think the OP thinks you were hating. He was just defending his rig.

But to answer your question, not surprised at all actually that his rig can run WOW. WOW is not graphically demanding and scales pretty well hardware wise. I've seen people play WOW on PCs with integrated graphics and some POS Celeron CPU. His rig is fine for WOW.

lol, my friend plays WoW on his friends, grandma's E-Machines...that has integrated GPU and who knows what proc.

Back