PNY RTX 4090 Verto - Included 12VHPWR Adapter / Wireview?

Dopamin3

Gawd
I bought a PNY 4090 VERTO. My power supply does not have the native 12VHPWR so I'm reliant on using a PCIe 8pin to 12VHPWR Adapter of some sort.

The one included with the video card is a 4x8pin adapter. Should this be safe to use and not melt? Do I need to order a better quality one? It's shown in this unboxing video but I don't know much about it.

I also want to use a Thermal Grizzly Wireview adapter. I can either get a 3x8pin to 12VHPWR (not sure if that will be sufficient?) or the 12VHPWR -> 12VHPWR adapter- but will that work with the included adapter (or a better quality one if necessary?) I'd like to avoid replacing the PSU entirely just to get a native ATX3.0 one.

Attachments

• 1699403569793.png
    1699403569793.png
    1.1 MB · Views: 0
holy hell, just use what was included. You think they included an adapter that won't work?

To be fair, I've had 3 of these adapters and one definitely didn't work. It came with the Asus TUF card I had, red power LED on the card no POST. I swapped to the Corsair cable I have that is from the PSU straight to 12vhpr and it worked fine.

To be fair, I've had 3 of these adapters and one definitely didn't work. It came with the Asus TUF card I had, red power LED on the card no POST. I swapped to the Corsair cable I have that is from the PSU straight to 12vhpr and it worked fine.
There will always be a certain number of defects that slips through to cracks and into consumers hands from time to time. The OPs inquiry suggests he's under the impression that it's not safe to use by design, not anomalous defect, which was the case with your TUF card.

The OP should not be worried about the included adapter working fine but it is a mess compared to a single cable. And with the OP wanting to use the WireView GPU adapter, the Seasonic 12VHPWR cable seems to make more sense instead of a mess of cables.

Last edited:
PNY is generally fairly trustworthy when it comes to the quality of their products, even if they're pretty barebones compared to the more expensive brands. I'm not sure if they still do this, but they are/were the OEM for several of nvidia's reference GPUs and professional cards (e.g. Quadros), so at the very least they were considered reputable enough to be trusted with those.

As far as their warranty service goes, I have no idea how it stacks up since I've never had to interact with them before.

The included adapter will work fine as long as all of the ends are plugged in completely snug... Functionally it will work perfect but aesthetically probably less appealing than the native cable... if it were me I would get the Seasonic 12VHPWR.. I didn't have the option for my psu and got an extra long adapter so I shoved the whole cable mess into hiding - but it works perfect. Just my 0.02.

Back