Pokémon X and Y

Azureth

Supreme [H]ardness
So the new Pokemon games for the 3DS have been announced for a worldwide release in October. The setting is based off France. You can watch the trailer here.

I personally have some mixed thoughts. The graphics look pretty bad I think, though there's still enough time to make them look better of course.

I am REALLY disappointed by the starters. Only the fire one looks good, the others look horrible.

I'm going to miss sprites but it was inevitable.

I think the title of the games is pretty dumb as well. Did they run out of colors?

If they ever made a Pokemon on the scale of something like Skyrim, with the same level of graphics but the in depth characters and monsters of the world of Pokemon... I would be in heaven. Then add in multiplayer and wow.

I like the name this time. Looks like it pays a little homage to René Descartes. Looks like the starters may also be two types instead of one. Definitely going to pick up a 3DS when this game is out.

I think the title of the games is pretty dumb as well. Did they run out of colors?

When they release the mid-gen refresh (Yellow to Blue/Red, Emerald to Ruby/Sapphire, etc), they can go with Z, giving them the 3 named axes for 3D space. Given the ties to the 3DS and this being the first full 3D Pokemon game, it's a pretty clever naming convention.

Animal Slavery Simulator 3D?

All over this.
It's about time the 3DS game is coming.

If they ever made a Pokemon on the scale of something like Skyrim, with the same level of graphics but the in depth characters and monsters of the world of Pokemon... I would be in heaven. Then add in multiplayer and wow.

Honestly, I've wondered why they haven't done something like that for years. I haven't played a Pokemon game since Gold/Silver, but I remember always wishing they would make a full console game with a larger world, full 3D character models, etc. I would STILL probably go out and buy a game like that today. Unfortunately, all of the stuff that made it's way to consoles has been crap like Pokemon Snap and Pokemon Stadium.

Honestly, I've wondered why they haven't done something like that for years. I haven't played a Pokemon game since Gold/Silver, but I remember always wishing they would make a full console game with a larger world, full 3D character models, etc. I would STILL probably go out and buy a game like that today. Unfortunately, all of the stuff that made it's way to consoles has been crap like Pokemon Snap and Pokemon Stadium.

Yes I never understood this either. When I was a kid I thought this would've been like the greatest game. But yet, it hasnt been done.

Don't you dare diss Pokemon Snap/Stadium!

Right? I've through for a long time that the game done seriously would be amazing.

I think part of the reason is because Nintendo hasn't fully adopted to the Internet. Keeping the Pokemon games on the portables, they seem to think that's the only way people can "Catch them all" by trading with others who have the portable systems, while in their mind, trading Pokemon on a console would be more troublesome.

Once Nintendo fully realizes how well Pokemon is already setup for Internet trading/distribution of the caught Pokemon and the limits they can do away with adding new Pokemon to the wild/world would be a huge, HUGE step in the franchise.

Just think of Pokemon on the level of like World of Warcraft, with the look/feel of Skyrim and the depth of it's characters/worlds/cities/towns of Pokemon.

Like I said, a Skyrim version of Pokemon with the online capabilities of WoW would be huge. However, sadly it will be limited to a Nintendo console.

What was Pokemon's "clone" Digimon or something? How well has that held up over the years? We'll probably have a better chance of someone creating something "new" but similar to Pokemon for the PC with what I described.

Not sure if I'd get a 3DS just for this...probably wait for reviews. I'm still trying to get myself to get around to Black v2, but all these other games get in the way!

This,

With such a great IP, with a player base that now spans over 20 years, you would think we would have an MMO based on it already.

I would likely play the shit out of that.

Just think of Pokemon on the level of like World of Warcraft, with the look/feel of Skyrim and the depth of it's characters/worlds/cities/towns of Pokemon.

The nude/adult mods would make it very, very disturbing... Apart from nurse Joy...

What exactly about it would make it an MMO? What are you going to be doing with other characters that you can't already do? I don't understand the idea of a Pokemon MMO. It just sounds terrible.

The reason it hasn't been done is because it's a bad idea.

new game already?

It does seem very soon for another Pokemon game. I just hope they just start really taking their time making the new pokemon species. Lots of the new pokemon from white and black were just obvious rehashes of older pokemon. I'd rather have 300 awesome unique pokemon than 500 rushed rehashed designs.

I'm a bit surprised they are releasing a new game so fast, it wasn't that long ago Black & White 2 was released.

It may be that they are pulling a call-of-duty style two-teams on two-year schedules clocking out a grand total of one game annually. I wouldn't be surprised to hear that nintendo has taken that sort of western approach to game development.

They are bleeding pokemon as much as George Lucas does with Star Wars.
ENOUGH!

Its one of the best selling and profitable franchises, of course Nintendo is going to milk the franchise and people will buy it.

While the idea of a pokemon MMO sounds great. Nintendo and Gamefreak would do the same thing every other kid friendly MMO does, no chat or a very basic one with pregenerated phrases and all sorts of censoring. no thanks

Anyone see the unreal engine Pokemon designs. I want that damn it.

honestly if nintendo made a real pokemon RPG on Wii U i would buy one, and to keep the game mobile it could come with a 3DS cartridge that you can import your team too for mobile battles and trading and to be honest i would be 100% happy with a Ni No Kuni art style/direction.

the 3d in pokemon x and y just doesnt look good enough for me to consider spending money on a 3ds so this might be my sapphire/ruby generation all over again. ( i missed out on those since i didnt have a GBA)

its honestly a surprise to me they havnt done a full blown console one yet so many people want it and it would be a wii u seller for sure. the system is basically set up for it with the screen on the controller which would take the place of the bottom screen on the DS for items and menu stuff leaving the tv screen for the actual game.

Back