Polk Audio Friends and Family 50% off

rudy

[H]F Junkie
There isn't any other way to say it, this deal is SMOKING [H] if you like polk and are looking for some higher end stuff.

I can't believe it hasn't been posted yet.

The prices on the lower end stuff are decent, though you can probably find similar deals at other retailers at various times throughout the year. But on the higher end stuff these are some of the best prices I have ever seen. You can camelcamelcamel or camelegg.com them to see.

What you have to do is go here

http://friendsandfamily.polkaudio.com/
Then login with case sensitive details:
friends
Friends4Life

In there pretty much everything is 50% off, with free shipping, however you will pay tax in most states. LSiM and RTiA speakers are incredible deals. A year or 2 ago every one went ape shit when newegg sold the RTi A9s for 399 if I remember right and here they are $375.

Also this website has very sparse information on any of the products, if you want to check out the specs you need to goto their main website and search for the model number of what you are looking at. And the sale is suppose to be good on the 18th so should go through the day on Sunday, however do not make a rash decision ask here or at the AVS Polk thread located here http://www.avsforum.com/t/618137/calling-all-polkies-official-polk-thread/20800_100 about any item you are interested in especially if you are not savvy with high end audio. Many of these speakers will require receivers or high end amps to properly power.

Last edited:
Wow.......................................... :eek: hides wallet......

Thx for the heads up, was just getting ready to do my avs lurking :)

Looks fishy, both the terms of use and privacy pages are blank with placeholders.

Well IMO it is unlikely to be fishy. First it is a subdomain of Polk Audio's main web site, this would mean that someone would have needed to hack them in order to pull this off, second if it was fishy and someone was trying to rip us off why would they bother locking it down and making it private? Next up, polk has a very good reputation in the industry for customer service and if this was a ripoff of some sort they would definitely have heard about it and dispatched their PR staff on overtime to get the word out that it was not legit. That would also mean doing the very simple job of disabling this subdomain. Finally for what is suppose to be a limited private sale why would polk bother filling out everything?

Oppy lots of people who sprung for LSiM have professed about the hardships they will need to endure after that impulse buy lol. Ramen noodles and ass kissing to the wife for years to come.

Also I noticed that polk is getting into gaming with some XBOX partnership.

Hardship for 1k+tax+shipping? They really need to get their priorities straight if paying ~1.3k for a pair of speakers is that much of a stretch. I mean some [H] here pay that much for CPU+MB+RAM alone ;)

There are also plenty of people here who come constantly posting about how can I build a system for less than $300 or how can they find a ghetto old CPU to make their system work, or how they are so mad because someone scalped an SSD deal in store only while they were trying to pay $50 less. Yet on AVS there are some who pay $50,000 for a single speaker, what is your point?

A speaker like the LSiM will probably last you the majority of your life if you take care of it. It will produce accurate very good sound for that entire time. So for someone with not a ton of free spending cash this can be seen as a good investment, a chance to step up a level for the same price, and a chance that has not happened this good since the release of either the RTiA or LSiM speaker if you believe camelcamelcamel. But a motherboard and processor won't last anyone more than 4 years as a decent experience.

Wow! Simply smoking deal! I've been a long time Polk fan and user and forum member and can say without a doubt they are one of the finest speaker companies out there. Their speakers are superb and while they may not be the best out there, dollar for dollar they very well may be.

Is this a temporary thing? I need some new car speakers, but don't have the money for them just yet.

Still rocking my RTi10's. Nicest speakers Ive ever owned.

Anyone know if the FX surrounds would go well with the RTi's I own?

I have the RTiA9's and love them. I paid 799 for the pair about 3 years ago.

Do make sure you still check the prices against Amazon. Just for example, the PSW10 subwoofer - what I understand to be one of their better sellers - is cheaper on Amazon.

edit: but then the PSW125 is a full $150 cheaper than Amazon. Wow.

Wow, some really nice prices! I'd love the have the RTiA9's, but I need to hold off for now.

Those are some nice prices! I own the Lsim 705's and there very nice speakers which are receiving great reviews. Keep in the mind you will need a amp of at least 200 watts to hear the full potential.

Ordered a pair of UltraFocus 8000 headphones. For $150 I figure it's a good deal :)

What would you guys recommend for the audiophile newb looking for a 2.0-2.1 for computer around $250 or below, is there even anything there that cheap? Might go a little higher if the bang:buck ratio is amazing.

I compared prices with polk products I've purchased in the past (psw10 as one example) and prices were the same or more expensive. Maybe it's different for high end, but not for stuff I recognized.

edit: wow nevermind, ridiculous i did a bit more research on some models I didn't know about... :eek:

Still rocking my RTi10's. Nicest speakers Ive ever owned.

Anyone know if the FX surrounds would go well with the RTi's I own?

I think the FX will be the closest currently available product for matching your RTi10s.

What would you guys recommend for the audiophile newb looking for a 2.0-2.1 for computer around $250 or below, is there even anything there that cheap? Might go a little higher if the bang:buck ratio is amazing.

How about RTiA3 plus a T amp. 2.0 near field you will probably have more bass than you are used to, later on you can drop in a real subwoofer when you have $300 more. Make sure you check the specs these speakers are likely to be large like the chargers, but there's no replacement for displacement.

I think the FX will be the closest currently available product for matching your RTi10s.

How about RTiA3 plus a T amp. 2.0 near field you will probably have more bass than you are used to, later on you can drop in a real subwoofer when you have $300 more. Make sure you check the specs these speakers are likely to be large like the chargers, but there's no replacement for displacement.

would you recommend any particular t-amp?

Edit: What would you say about pairing RTiA1's with a PSW10? How would they perform? And what would I need to close the deal, amp etc. Running sound out of asus maximus vi hero (great onboard card) but it also has spdif.

Last edited:
I have not looked into T-amps that much so I would ask at AVS

I think this one would probably be very solid
http://shop.emotiva.com/collections/amplifiers/products/a100
Price is much higher than you wanted to go though.

http://www.parts-express.com/pe/showdetl.cfm?partnumber=300-383
This would probably work too. And looks like it was almost built for desktop computer has nice head phone ports on the front and everything.

In all cases you don't want to push these too loud, sitting at your desk these will be plenty too loud but if you want to fill you living room you need to step up in power. With any speaker what most people don't realize is that you don't blow a speaker by over powering it, you blow a speaker by clipping it because you tried to turn it too loud but your PSU could not deliver the power and started clipping. People think this means they just over powered it but in reality it was an insufficient amplifier which probably listed fantasy specs it could not deliver.

Last edited:
i own and use the psw10 every day (with 40s) and although I wouldn't call it high end at all, it's definitely better than any desktop speaker combo I've ever used, including Logitech Z5500. Well worth what it costs, although again, it is not cheaper via the method used in OP.

Yep the polk monitors for great deals on newegg were what got me to give polk a chance and I was very happy with what I got for the price. I started with polk monitor 60s in the front, then added monitor 40s and CS2, later I upgraded the 60s to 70s, then I decided to give them another step up and jumped to LSi15s and LSi9s. I actually sold all the monitors on CL for almost as much as I bough them for. Total I probably only lost $80 after 3 years of use for all 7 speakers.

After that I never touched a desktop speaker again.

Damn you all to HELL. I had to order 2x RTIA9 -- I don't think order will go through (and they were backordered) but how could I not take a chance at this price? I've never seen Polk so cheap in my lifetime, and I'm in my 30s.

What amp do you have? You will want a lot of power for those they can inhale 500 wpc. Also I think they will honor it. Also I think those properly powered will destroy your PSW10.

I will build a music room around them and buy whatever amp that is necessary right now I'm using a very cheap Onkyo as a placeholder until I... cough... find a good deal on some nice speakers...

Last edited:
If anyone is looking at getting a sound bar, the 6000 series for $249 is a STEAL. I work for Dish and we sell the 5000 series at $399, and for $199 that's a ridiculously good deal as the sound on them is amazing.

I will build a music room around them and buy whatever amp that is necessary right now I'm using a very cheap Onkyo as a placeholder until I... cough... find a good deal on some nice speakers...

OK good, just keep the volume low, if you can hold out till Christmas Emotiva will probably have a sale that amounts to 25-30% off. And periodically classicaudioparts.com will list an ATI amp for a really good deal.

OK good, just keep the volume low, if you can hold out till Christmas Emotiva will probably have a sale that amounts to 25-30% off. And periodically classicaudioparts.com will list an ATI amp for a really good deal.

Don't misunderstand me. I won't even hook them up until I have the right amp. That's assuming that they ship, which again, I doubt they will.

I was trying to figure out if I wanted LSiM 703 bookshelf speakers for my PC or to get the LSiM f/x speakers to replace my surrounds and move my current lower end Polk bookshelf speakers I use as surrounds to my PC....and it looks like they shut the site down. I would guess that too many people found out about the deal.

Last edited:
Ya redirecting me too, looks like the party is over. There was also a site, family.polkaudio.com with 25% off and it is now redirecting as well. Apparently almost every thing was sold out so maybe they just decided to shut it down.

Hope my headphone order goes through, read some nice things about the 8000s after I ordered

Had I known about this sooner, I would have bit on several items. Shame it's dead, I was looking for some audio equipment.

For anybody else who missed this, Fry's often has some great Polk deals around the holidays (and at other random intervals) that match this (possibly beat it with the inclusion of some sub with great speakers).

I'm glad I pulled the trigger on some stuff yesterday. Hopefully it ships. They don't appear to have charged my credit card yet... anyone else?

Back