Possible to have SLi + seperate video card?

Uberbob102000

2[H]4U
I have 2 Dell 2007FP and I wanted to put them portrait along my 3008WFP and wanted to know if I could go SLi (I managed to get a 9800GX2 from my dad for my 8800GTS 512s) and I wanted to pic up another for awesome 30" gaming but I also want to use the two 20".
So is it possible to have a 3rd video card SLi separate and use it to drive the 2 2007s.
I'm using Vista Ultimate 64.
So the final setup would be 9800GX2 Quad SLi + 8600GT for 20s

Alright, I may pic up a cheap 8600GT or some such then. Looks like I get to have my cake and eat it too. :D

I'm planning on doing the same thing also but with three 24'' ones. Not sure if it'll work either. One video card to drive the two side monitors and the SLI cards to drive the middle one. I don't want to mess around with reboot/logging and junk.

Yup. This is also what I did with my configuration. My 9800gx2 runs the 30" in muti-gpu mode, a 7900gto runs the secondary monitors.

in%20the%20case.jpg

(an aside - why does the image tag here render as a link?)

I'm planning on doing the same thing also but with three 24'' ones. Not sure if it'll work either. One video card to drive the two side monitors and the SLI cards to drive the middle one. I don't want to mess around with reboot/logging and junk.

And yes - this works. I've got two smaller monitors plugged into my secondary video card for exactly this reason.

Back