Possible to RMA EVGA 3080 without receipt?

Talon

2[H]4U
I purchased an EVGA 3080 in July 2021 from ANTonline. I ran into some thermal issues with it earlier this year which made me consider RMAing the card, for which EVGA requires proof of purchase.

When I logged into the ANTonline site it shows no order history. When I contacted their support they fed me some line about a new system upgrade and they can't retrieve orders past 2022 and then stopped responding.

I addressed the thermal issues with a custom fan profile, and that seemed to work until this week when the card started showing graphic artifacts and flickering. It's still under warranty and EVGA does seem to still be honoring their commitments, but I'm back at square one without the original receipt.

Has anyone been able to resolve a similar issue successfully? I'm most annoyed at ANTonline, but at the time it was rare to find anything in stock at any price anywhere.

eVga warranty if you dont have the receipt/invoice to upload so it starts from the day u purchased it from (typically 3 years) - it can go based on the serial # as well.

You can type in your serial # here https://www.evga.com/warranty/check.asp and it will show u the warranty status.
Pretty sure that's only for a second buyer, who buys a registered card from someone else. The OP sounded like they t turned him down for not having the invoice.

Pretty sure that's only for a second buyer, who buys a registered card from someone else. The OP sounded like they t turned him down for not having the invoice.
Unless things changed it was easy to rma gpus, psus etc with eVga based on 3 year serial based warranty like with Asus and Gigabyte (done plenty rma's with each company with no issues).

Unless things changed it was easy to rma gpus, psus etc with eVga based on 3 year serial based warranty like with Asus and Gigabyte (done plenty rma's with each company with no issues).
Hopefully you're right :).

I would’ve done this even prior to making a thread… 👀
Sounds like their only shot - I never heard of ANTonline - but, gotta be careful - some manufacturers / brands are really stingy on that - I mentioned Asrock in another post someplace.
Yeah, if you bought it online - there should be a 'receipt' to your email - also he could try checking his cache in his web browser for that - as long as it wasn't cleared?

Evga should be able to rma without a receipt assuming card is still in warranty.

With EVGA (at least in the past) you could also create a PayPal invoice for second hand card and get warranty. You can find PayPal invoice format online.

You don't even need a PayPal receipt. Even a conversation/email on craigslist showing some back and forth

Evga should be able to rma without a receipt assuming card is still in warranty.
They used to have such a good rep for CS and RMA service but I think in some places - their RMA conditions became more strict - at least, in Canada, it is now. However, with them going out of business - and maybe wanting to offer some goodwill????? Hopefully, they'll help the OP out.

Nothing like some fraud in the morning...
Yeah, I don't think I'd try that - you don't want to give any reasons to decline it.
I guess this is an example of taking a record/filing the receipt or at least, taking a picture of it on your phone - it's probably also a good thing to get it from a seller if buying used - that might be good enough for an RMA since you'll already have the serial # with the card.

I dunno if web history will help the OP or cache in desktop/phone browser - but failing that, wouldn't the payment method - have some sort of transaction record? If it indicates something that corresponds to 'ANTonline' - maybe ANTonline could verify - 'yes, that would have been us.'

Part of initiating the EVGA RMA includes uploading a copy of proof of purchase. Without attaching anything I can’t open the request. I did interact with their support personnel back in March and they indicated that not having the receipt was a showstoppper

I’ve searched my email and have nothing from antonline other than my original request for a receipt. Antonline will not do anything without an order number even after providing the line and transaction information from my CC statement along with the address they shipped the card to they wouldn’t budge.

I did interact with their support personnel back in March and they indicated that not having the receipt was a showstoppper
Call them or just upload a blank picture to get your ticket in. I'm sure they'll handle it fine from there then.

Part of initiating the EVGA RMA includes uploading a copy of proof of purchase. Without attaching anything I can’t open the request. I did interact with their support personnel back in March and they indicated that not having the receipt was a showstoppper

I’ve searched my email and have nothing from antonline other than my original request for a receipt. Antonline will not do anything without an order number even after providing the line and transaction information from my CC statement along with the address they shipped the card to they wouldn’t budge.
Email EVGA and ask if the CC info with a letter/note from Antoline acknowledging that item was the video card - but, they cannot provide the invoice info (for whatever reason) will be sufficient.

Nothing like some fraud in the morning...
The bigger issue that's probably also little known (and it only slipped out during a call from an EVGA manager) is they maintain meticulous records of the distro routes of their GPUs, and know which serial belongs to which retailer and/or distributor. Meaning if you spoofed a Newegg invoice but the GPU was originally from B&H, Amazon, Ingram Micro, wherever, they'd know.

They're not trying to be assholes, but protect themselves since their generous warranty has been attacked relentlessly by a spectrum of different return/RMA scams. That's why there's resistance like OP is facing - and why we can't have nice things.

The bigger issue that's probably also little known (and it only slipped out during a call from an EVGA manager) is they maintain meticulous records of the distro routes of their GPUs, and know which serial belongs to which retailer and/or distributor. Meaning if you spoofed a Newegg invoice but the GPU was originally from B&H, Amazon, Ingram Micro, wherever, they'd know.

They're not trying to be assholes, but protect themselves since their generous warranty has been attacked relentlessly by a spectrum of different return/RMA scams. That's why there's resistance like OP is facing - and why we can't have nice things.
Doesn't work for second hand private sales though which they honor.

Reactions: DPI
like this
:p

I still don't understand how you don't have a receipt from a website?
I looked it up and Antonline is actually one of EVGA's online (re)sellers. The idea that Antonline can't look up this sale - from 2021 - only 2 years ago is kind of shocking. I'd be livid. I think the least they could do is acknowledge the sale from his CC transaction info - and write a short email doing so. EVGA should accept it then - or at least, that should be the min. he could do and if he gets a nice rep to look at it, it might be accepted.
Like the other guy said, it's about EVGA wanting to confirm the transaction is genuine (and not get scammed). The CC transaction will at least illustrate something was purchased at Antonline - and he just needs them to confirm it was for the card. A receipt/invoice is preferable, of course, but if that can't be found somewhere - whether paper or online/screenshot etc.

I looked it up and Antonline is actually one of EVGA's online (re)sellers. The idea that Antonline can't look up this sale - from 2021 - only 2 years ago is kind of shocking. I'd be livid. I think the least they could do is acknowledge the sale from his CC transaction info - and write a short email doing so. EVGA should accept it then - or at least, that should be the min. he could do and if he gets a nice rep to look at it, it might be accepted.
Like the other guy said, it's about EVGA wanting to confirm the transaction is genuine (and not get scammed). The CC transaction will at least illustrate something was purchased at Antonline - and he just needs them to confirm it was for the card. A receipt/invoice is preferable, of course, but if that can't be found somewhere - whether paper or online/screenshot etc.

Or just keep your e-mailed receipts in an inbox folder called "receipts" for when this kind of situation happens. It's not that difficult. I have one from 2020 I just pulled up from my e-mail:

Screenshot 2023-09-06 072616.jpg

I have been able to do an rma with them although it was years ago. All without receipt. I think it just depends on who helps you. They may have a new system though

ive been able to do RMA with EVGA with older cards without receipt they just go by manufacture date,
Also done one with asrock, manufacturer date as well

ive been able to do RMA with EVGA with older cards without receipt they just go by manufacture date,
Also done one with asrock, manufacturer date as well
But, when? EVGA seems to have got stricter when they decided to get out of the gpu manufacture business. Also, Asrock in some countries - are pretty strict with RMAs - supposedly. At least, you can find a number of complaints online - and assertions that they only honor RMAs if you bought from their authorized resellers - on their website. Surprisingly, that sometimes excludes well known vendors like Microcenter, Amazon etc.

Back