Possible to save Linux WU?

APOLLO

[H]ard|DCer of the Month - March 2009
I have a completed SMP WU in one Linux VM that became corrupted from a system crash. Now, networking functions don't work and I cannot upload the WU. Can I transfer the completed WU to another VM installation and upload it from there or am I out of luck?

Yes you can. (GPU2 client can atleast, just copy the whole thing over, and run it).

Yes you can. (GPU2 client can atleast, just copy the whole thing over, and run it).
I'm not entirely sure what you mean. It's an SMP client. Are you suggesting copying the client folder to another VM and then uploading it from there?

Yes. All of it.

I know it works for the GPU2 client, and the standard windows client (whatever was on the front page, and not under the high permance clients page).

I used this meathod on a n10j 'netbook' with my current folding setup to get around not having an internet connection (at the time) at home, but having one at the library.

Jeremy is correct; you should just be able to copy the folder to a new VM and run it off that, and it should work.

OK, Thanks for the info guys. Providing the WU hasn't expired yet (P2665), I have not done this before. What would be the easiest procedure to do this? Any flash drive?

The specific method doesn't matter. Just copy it over however it is most convenient for you.

The specific method doesn't matter. Just copy it over however it is most convenient for you.
OK, I have not done this before in Linux and the distro I'm using is very basic. To tell you the truth, I'm not sure how to go about this since it looks like I'm going to have to attempt it through the command prompt.... :eek:

Back