Post PICs of your old cards!

Spectre said:
Can't we just say Gary owns this thread by know? ;)

I'll have to take a shot with a half dozen V6K, a Rampage and a few Daytonas thrown in for good measure.

And never forget the brick, the brick always wins.

www.drinksparks.com

merc_3pack_front.sized.jpg

gdonovan said:
sale_aardvark.sized.jpg

If you insist ;-)

One of the rarest Banshees made, I have only seen three (and own two of them)

Gary
what makes THAT card so rare?

Warrior said:
what makes THAT card so rare?

Compare it to a regular Banshee- The aardvark was actually an option for arcade hardware conversions. If you notice, this Banshee board has an extra video output port to drive EGA/CGA arcade monitors and as a bonus the board would render all arcade output with 2x edge anti-aliasing.

So you could take an older arcade game still equipped with a EGA/CGA monitor, rip the guts out, drop in a Quantum3D Quicksilver II PC based arcade system, load a game pack, add new graphics and presto, you have a new arcade game to make money with while reusing your original monitor and cabinet.

This is only a few generations old, but I'll add it anyway.

PNY Geforce4 Ti4200 (64mb version).

ti4200.jpg

~Enjoy

I Asus 9800xt was one of the more sexy ATI cards of its day

9800xt.jpg

Just the ones I still have...tossed a whole lot more in the garbage over the years...

Check the top left card....poor fx5200 is about to get abused :D

dscn06581yk.jpg

gdonovan said:
proto_v6k_3700_hs.jpg

V5-6000 "3700 A" with full rework, 183 mhz clock with prototype fan and heatsink combo.

<fixed link>
*Starts chanting*
Quad Vapo! Quad Vapo! Quad Vapo! Quad Vapo! Quad Vapo!...
gdonovan said:
If you thought that V5-6000 was impressive check out what just showed up last week:

rampage_front_hr.sized.jpg

Rampage, yes it works.
*Starts chanting*
Benchmarks! Benchmarks! Benchmarks! Benchmarks! Benchmarks! Benchmarks! Benchmarks!

Unknown-One said:
*Starts chanting*
Quad Vapo! Quad Vapo! Quad Vapo! Quad Vapo! Quad Vapo!...

*Starts chanting*
Benchmarks! Benchmarks! Benchmarks! Benchmarks! Benchmarks! Benchmarks! Benchmarks!

*joins in the chanting* and adds vapo on the rampage! vapo on the rampage!vapo on the rampage! vapo on the rampage! :D

I am just itching to post some pics here, but that will have to wait. Right now I dont have my digital camera set up so I'm sol.

This has been a pretty entertaining thread thus far. It really had taken me back, and also shown me some stuff from before my time. I can only hope some more people have something to show off.

Elios said:
*joins in the chanting* and adds vapo on the rampage! vapo on the rampage!vapo on the rampage! vapo on the rampage! :D

Err, they went out of business before 3 days after the first prototypes were running, I don't see how that qualifies as "vaporware"

The Rampage benchmarks in a few months, I'm waiting on tuned up drivers.

The V5-6000 could be considered vaporware considering how much hype there was in 2000. But unlike Duke4ever there are at least several hundred in public hands ;-)

See this thread for V6K benches- http://www.hardforum.com/showthread.php?t=942004

gdonovan said:
Err, they went out of business before 3 days after the first prototypes were running, I don't see how that qualifies as "vaporware"

The Rampage benchmarks in a few months, I'm waiting on tuned up drivers.

The V5-6000 could be considered vaporware considering how much hype there was in 2000. But unlike Duke4ever there are at least several hundred in public hands ;-)

See this thread for V6K benches- http://www.hardforum.com/showthread.php?t=942004

LOL i and the other poster ment put a vapo chill on that thing and OC it to hell and back lol :D

Elios said:
LOL i and the other poster ment put a vapo chill on that thing and OC it to hell and back lol :D

ROTFL!

Well I would not consider that with a Rampage but would with a V6K, problem is the limit of the V6K is the ram chips (rated at 166 mhz) not the cores.

There has been one or two hotrod V6K's clocked at 220 mhz, problem is finding SRAM clocked at 5 ns or better.

Hello I am working on a retro pc project and was wondering if anyone knew what the highest end video card was when the K7 1000 (slot A) came out.
Thanks

um gunna say..... the Geforce 2 Ultra or the geforce 3 Ti500
thoes were the big leaders back then...

comeon... someones got to be able to sticky this thread.. its a awesome thread!

Here is a picture to warm the hearts of you old timers.

obsidian_firepower.jpg

All Voodoo Graphics powered, all unique, several prototypes.

50-2220 6MB (2MB DAUGHTERCARD, PROTOTYPE)
50-2400 6MB (UK)
50-4400 8MB (DATAPATH UK BOXED)
50-2400 6MB (3DFX OFFICES SAN JOSE)
50-2200 4MB (VOODOO GRAPHICS CLASSIC)
50-2220 6MB (2MB DAUGHTERCARD)
50-4440 12MB (4MB DAUGHTERCARD)
50-4440 12MB (NEW SEALED BOX)
50-4220 8MB (2MB DAUGHTERCARD)
50-4400TV (QUANTUM3D PROTOTYPE)

100DB-4440 (PROTOTYPE)

100SB-4400 (PROTOTYPE)

100SB-4400 (Voodoo Graphics SLI)
100SB-4440 (Voodoo Graphics SLI with SHADES)
100SB-4400V (Voodoo Graphics SLI with 2D module)
100SB-4440V (Voodoo Graphics SLI with SHADES & 2D module)

gdonovan said:

50-2400 6MB (UK)

100DB-4440 (PROTOTYPE)

100SB-4400 (PROTOTYPE)

that brings back memorys *sniff* makes me sad i sold all my 3Dfx cards

I got my hands on an old 486DX2-50 system featuring a Trident VESA Local Bus videocard. If you thought that current videocards are big, well, think again :eek:

No pics due to the lack of a cam, sorry :(

(I also remember why I hate VESA slots with a burning passion. I nearly broke the mainboard when I put it back in... >_< )

GF3-Ti500 would have been the baddest card on the block, in the 1Ghz days, for the above poster.

QJ

Equalizer said:
Some of the cards I've collected over the years.

http://img284.imageshack.us/img284/622/oldness7nl.jpg[/IG][/QUOTE]

i see a geforce 2 :D can you name thoes cards?

QwertyJuan said:
GF3-Ti500 would have been the baddest card on the block, in the 1Ghz days, for the above poster.

QJ
i thought so too.. thanx for confirming

gdonovan said:

50-2400 6MB (UK)

100DB-4440 (PROTOTYPE)

100SB-4400 (PROTOTYPE)

It's official gdonovan owns the thread :eek:

no pwnage here.. just great memorys... :D

ok a little pwnage by gdonovan..... :rolleyes:

:cool:

asianguy80 said:
It's official gdonovan owns the thread :eek:

Nah, just sharing with friends.

Most people don't know just how many different 3dfx cards were made back in the day, I still find the odd one in a new config time to time.

gdonovan said:
Nah, just sharing with friends.

Most people don't know just how many different 3dfx cards were made back in the day, I still find the odd one in a new config time to time.
no kidding... in a FS thread there was a scrap box forsale and low and behold a 3dfx was in the box.. kind of suprized me ;)

Sorry about the quality, crappy camera doesn't do macro shots.

GeForce 256 DDR (Elsa Erazor X²)
gf1.jpg

Matrox Mystique 4MB with Rainbow Runner add-on
mystrr.jpg

Didn't keep any older cards than those.

The thread, She's flatlined! Clear! *zap*

I'll post a little more than just an old video card.

Yet another S3 Trio64/ViRGE PCI card. Unfortunately, no interesting story to go with it. I just needed a cheapo video card back in 97 or 98. My old Voodoo 1 and 2 were starting to take over the tough work, except obviously when I wanted to play Doom or any number of other non-GLIDE games/demos/etc.

A Linksys EtherPCI 2. Notice the coax connector. Many hours of Quake, QuakeCast, Xevil and random university dorm file sharing are logged on this guy.

An ISA Creative SoundBlaster AWE 64. I seem to remember that it only was as good as an AWE 32 for some reason. It is the last sound card I purchased that could handle all the oldschool DOS demoscene demos natively.

An ISA US Robotics Sportster modem. Notice the DIP switches and the reflective, shiny faceplate. IMO, the best line of modems of the early to mid 90s. My buddies on the local BBSes would whine about what BBSes wouldn't work with their Zoom or whatever brand modems, but I never had problems connecting to anything with this guy. By design, it couldn't do V.FAST, but everything up to and including V.32 worked like a charm.
http://img156.imageshack.us/img156/1278/oldusrsportster029nh.jpg

Here's one of the beastly case/mobos it all went into. The motherboard was both AT and ATX compatible. I only used it in an AT configuration, though. Embarrassing, but I have no clue what brand/model it is. The CPU is a Pentium 2 300 MHz. Notice the double-height RAM stick - I think that's 32 MB...?

Hey every nice old cards there lucky i want born in that time anyway I have got a question for everyone...

What is the oldest card on this thread?. (it has to be one)

also thread starter sorry to steal your thead I'm just bored.

Back