Post pics of your quad core and sli setup!

HAF72

1337 :)
So far I haven't seen any thread on the quad core setups so decided to create one! :)
Was there a sli setup thread before?

Lets see your setups!

Probably won't get to many here as it's the multiprocessing systems section. Probably some of dual dual core with SLI systems here though.

Yea, but if I remembered, there was a topic on dual core setups.

post yours

My computer sucks! Not even dual core. Amd 3200+ cpu :( and a ATI Firegl x3 256 graphic card and 2gigs of ram. You might think its a great computer, but to me it sucks(since I have flight simulator x)

all right, but it's too good for your eyes.. maybe i'll post them soon..

does quad CPU also count?? ;)

IMG_3130.jpg

4x 550Mhz Xeon

see the rest (then still with 2 CPU's)
http://hardforum.com/showpost.php?p=1030646952&postcount=567

So far I haven't seen any thread on the quad core setups so decided to create one! :)
Was there a sli setup thread before?

Lets see your setups!

Well I get my quad core in tomorrow and I am pretty excited.. However, I am very interested in how quad core owners are applying their arctic silver 5.. I've seen MANY tutorials on the proper application of AS5 on a Core 2 Duo.. But, the quad core, internally, is obviously different than a C2D (basically 2 C2D's slapped together side by side). So, does that mean instead of one thin line down the center of the chip like the regular C2D's, I am supposed to do 2 thin lines? Do I just do it like the "old school way" by applying a very thin layer basically to the entire top surface of the Quad cores IHS? I have searched HIGH and LOW for someone with a "real" solution for properly applying AS5 to a quad core.. (not just some bubba in a forum saying, "well, you see.. Simply slap this on that, and smush it from side to side, give it a wiggle and blamm-o.. done!"

I'm very interested to see what the quad setup with my (2) 8800gts's are capable of..

Well I get my quad core in tomorrow and I am pretty excited.. However, I am very interested in how quad core owners are applying their arctic silver 5.. I've seen MANY tutorials on the proper application of AS5 on a Core 2 Duo.. But, the quad core, internally, is obviously different than a C2D (basically 2 C2D's slapped together side by side). So, does that mean instead of one thin line down the center of the chip like the regular C2D's, I am supposed to do 2 thin lines? Do I just do it like the "old school way" by applying a very thin layer basically to the entire top surface of the Quad cores IHS? I have searched HIGH and LOW for someone with a "real" solution for properly applying AS5 to a quad core.. (not just some bubba in a forum saying, "well, you see.. Simply slap this on that, and smush it from side to side, give it a wiggle and blamm-o.. done!"

I'm very interested to see what the quad setup with my (2) 8800gts's are capable of..

Here see this pic of a quadcore
intel_quadcore_kentsfield.gif

So if you're processor has those two notches you know where and how the two dualcore's are on there, an then i would suggest to apply shorter lines (as the 2 C2D cores are smaller than 1 normal C2D, an apply at 3 short lines, one in the middle and one on each core. Then you will have enough on and between the core's. and proceed with the rest of the prosedure from AS.
intel_quadcore_kentsfield.gif

Then again, I guess that 1 line is also possible because the 2 cores are smaller than a normal C2D;
intel_quadcore_kentsfield2.gif

If not sure, apply an AS5 layer over the whore surface of the headspreader with a creditcard or something like it. So you are on the save side.

A little google-fu tells me this is the proper orientation. Not that it matters.
If not sure, apply an AS5 layer over the whore surface of the headspreader with a creditcard or something like it. So you are on the save side.
Spreading the thermal paste out gives more opportunity to create air bubbles and totally wreck the helpful effect of thermal paste. The standard way to apply it is to put a rice-grain-sized blob of paste on each core, then squish it into place with the heatsink. That way the paste is pushed into place with no chance to get air bubbles.

Back