Post your "rate my cables" here

i did some intense behind mobo wiremanagement last night, zipties all up on! im lucky i have almost a full inch between mobo tray and back panel. ill snap some pics soon. its not as immaculate as ozzireigns or ryuji, but its atleast better then (cf)eclipses :D

p180%20001.jpg

p180%20004.jpg

p180%20007.jpg

p180%20008.jpg

Here's some shots of my P180... I haven't seen any on here yet (unless I missed it somewhere). Anyway, enjoy!

Equalizer said:
Very nice! That cpu heat sink looks like it was made for that case. What is it by the way?

I know, thats what I said when I installed it. It fits perfectly in between the top blowhole and the rear exhaust. It's called the Scythe Ninja... look it up, it performs really well. It's designed to work passive and actively. I have it passive right now.

lol i searched newegg before they didnt have any, maybe they were just out of stock...next time i buy anything from newegg ill get them

ryuji said:
lol i searched newegg before they didnt have any, maybe they were just out of stock...next time i buy anything from newegg ill get them

afaik uber long ide cables kill performance

dynamiks said:
I know, thats what I said when I installed it. It fits perfectly in between the top blowhole and the rear exhaust. It's called the Scythe Ninja... look it up, it performs really well. It's designed to work passive and actively. I have it passive right now.
what are your CPU temps? and how big is the cooler compared to the CPU socket (as in how far does it stick out/does it cause any problem w/ RAM, capacitors, etc)

sabrewolf732 said:
i know but there aint nothing i can do about it :( except when the hdd dies or w/e replace with sata, one of them already are sata

i live in a log cabin.

this setup i fairly new. its a athlon xp 3000+, asus a7n8x,1gb ocz performence, radeon 9800 pro 128mb, sound blaster live 5.1.

i am 14 and i dont have a job so it is tough getting money to get an a64 system.

well i just redid the wiring today but i cant really help the dust since i have 2 dogs that are outside ALOT and when they come in they bring alot of dust.

the wiring looks a lil better in saying that there is not that mess at the top

yea sometimes it is hard to hide 3 feet of cable in a case like mine.it looks alot better now.

as for filters it really would not help much now since my side panel is not finished yet. right now i have a huge piece of plexi acting for my side panel which will soon be used for my window.

sabrewolf732 said:
That’s why my primary HD is only 3 inches down the cable from my motherboard, and my secondary is only another 3 on top of that :D

here we go again!!

Just went and picked up my super lanboy. How's it looking?:
g33zyLB065.jpg

with the lights down low...

g33zyLB068.jpg

yeah, I really wanted to get the p160 but gave into anxiety. I was at CompUsa and they didn't have any p160s left. They had the p180s for like $180 but wasn't really feeling it.

So I just took the Lanboy instead and i'm pretty happy with how it came out. Especially after having a naked system for like a week :rolleyes:.

You DON'T wanna see those pics.

i was going to post my pic but I didn't want to hear "hey dude we have a gallery for that 'link' "

but hey what the hell
  • please take note of equisite use of the stool to hold up the other case to use the case's power button
  • the strategically placed fan blowing across the zalman and on the HDD and the other one cotched on the MoBo
  • !oh noes is that masterchief w/ teh sniper rifle protecting it from the evil covenant dust bunnies!
g33zyLB016.jpg

ikellensbro said:
I think this is just slightly worse than ryuji's:
http://iupload.net/022005/cables.jpg (1600x1200)
The sad thing is my school's server room is a lot messier than that, with about 1/2 the cables in a lot bigger space :p
i can see it now....
"WHO THE FUCK PULLED THE PLUG ON SERVER 1?!?!"
"SHIT!...sorry! i tripped...
redface.gif
"

g33zy said:
!oh noes is that masterchief w/ teh sniper rifle protecting it from the evil covenant dust bunnies!
LMFAO!
sigged!

ikellensbro said:
I think this is just slightly worse than ryuji's:
http://iupload.net/022005/cables.jpg (1600x1200)
The sad thing is my school's server room is a lot messier than that, with about 1/2 the cables in a lot bigger space :p
kinda funny how i have one of the best, and one of the worst when it comes to wire jobs here(and it was at its worst when i was working on making it its best)
i even got a pic of when i was a noob lololol back then i thought this was as elite as you can get with my case(note the wires just crammed everywhere) lol the older people here will recongnise the ugly paint job :p

yes there was wire managment, ill leave it up to you guys to envision how bad it was before i spened about a hour figuring out how to get it that good, lets just say it was so bad i wouldnt be surprised if just doing it to that level and sleeving the psu dropped temps 10F :rolleyes:

refering to that dusty computer -> It's acctually a new thermalpaste called arctic dust! ;)

some update pics, some suggestions on improving it would welcomed, changed out fans(finally got two, there silent too :D :cool: ) and made a 6800 shroud, also showing that i dont have super clean wire job just cuz i dont got any, if you want more wires i got more pics i can take of 4 or 5 psu lines :p

ScHpAnKy said:
I think he's talking about the ones that aren't inside your case :cool:
he doesnt know how bad it was before i did clean it up, you know how bad it was, my feet would get tangled in the wires :eek:

ryuji said:
he doesnt know how bad it was before i did clean it up, you know how bad it was, my feet would get tangled in the wires :eek:

Not to mention willy (ryuji's dog)

ScHpAnKy said:
Not to mention willy (ryuji's dog)
lol i remember that, he was a bastard about unplugging things and ripping things off the table and such

Back