Post your "rate my cables" here

I have read so much about this case can someone repost the PICS I would love to see it.

Carter

I'm trying to fix it... but I think the old pics got delted off the web server. If someone has the old pics and can point me to them I'll update the post.

Edit: corrected the first post to point to the new location of the files.

New build for a customer :D been a long time since i got to build anything, plus, long time since i've made a machine that wasn't filled with tubing for water!

IMG_2540.jpg

--
IMG_2557.jpg

--

WORKLOG POSTED!
http://hardforum.com/showthread.php?t=1168168

this has to be one of my favorite... extremely clean and simple... that is more impressive to me than all the bling bling in cases... just a great wire management job, nice parts, nice case, clean, well organized!

I also really like the use of the sound dampening material... not overdone and it looks like it has been there all along and belongs there... not like an after-thought.

excellent job!

~NortH~

this has to be one of my favorite... extremely clean and simple... that is more impressive to me than all the bling bling in cases... just a great wire management job, nice parts, nice case, clean, well organized!

I also really like the use of the sound dampening material... not overdone and it looks like it has been there all along and belongs there... not like an after-thought.

excellent job!

~NortH~

*blush

thanks, when busy work stuff dies down i have to post the worklog :D

nice cable management mate, does the sound dampening actually make the pc quieter? If so how much?
thanks

nice cable management mate, does the sound dampening actually make the pc quieter? If so how much?
thanks

thanks. and it only marginally helps. what it does is really dampen the uhm panels its attached to, by making them "thicker" and also less of a reflective object for sound to bounce off.

but with all things sound, its a cumulative effect. so quiet components / sealed case is hte first hting. then you need to muffle or dampen the areas sound can get out. so ffor instance you can put a muffler of sorts over the exhaust fan and if thats the only "open" part of the case and its to the back of the case then its all the more quieter. get it?

in any case. its for looks primarily, and to make the thin aluminium less "pangy"

heh, i'm the customer for that computer and the anticipation is killing me! need that upsed yesterday, that's for sure.

all I know is when he showed me the first pictures I was blown away with the simplicity and craftsmanship. i'm so lazy when I build my own PCs, having roli do it up proper like this has been great.

drugz 4tw.

Nice job, what is the white thing on the case floor at the front?

Pc speaker. comes with the case. makes the BEEP. i left the pre built space for the uhm large speaker cones, though i dot know why. actually, beffore i ship it out over lunch maybe i just move the speaker under the floppy cage and cover the rest of the floor with padding...

HMMMM :D

and, i MOVED IT! tadah! i dont know why this didn't occur to me before. i think its cuz it was the FIRST thing i did after i made the case cuts and cleanup.

--

I'm trying to fix it... but I think the old pics got delted off the web server. If someone has the old pics and can point me to them I'll update the post.

Edit: corrected the first post to point to the new location of the files.

Thats some good Stuff Earm! I like it just wanted to see what the fuss was about thanks a ton for the updated pics.

My Antec 900 :D

It was really hard to get that many wires through that lil space.

I like you...you like me? :p

Night Time :cool:

alik4041-

If you have the cash I recommend purchasing a rounded ATA cables. The one in there is really twisty. The goldylox SATA cables are ok but if you purchase some shorter ones then you can get a cleaner look.

Looking good so far. Keep spending time on it. You'll get the hang of it. ;)

Never seen the bubbly on ram coolers before. :p

devil_trigger-

Nice case. Thats a lot of foam! :D

I did something similar with the holes I cut in my case (with the electrical tape). I recommend that you drill round holes if you decide to cut more holes. This way you can put rubber grommets in the holes.
Just looks a little neater if you do it that way.

El Rolio, cool man :cool:

I can't wait till i can start posting my system I'm building up. Just waiting for the motherboard a Commando. Well, not as nice as your case, i love the accessories Lian Li has, soo many custom options, its truly great. Except that i didn't buy one, I've got another brand but its beginning to look sharp still.

May I ask what CPU Cooler that is specifically? And how much will the sound dampening effect would effect a cases cooling?

El Rolio, cool man :cool:

May I ask what CPU Cooler that is specifically? And how much will the sound dampening effect would effect a cases cooling?

the damping does not affect case temps that much. good fan placement and balance is usually where most people fall off, WAAY before they get affected by panel damping. this is not the situation where i have blocks of foam filling in every nook and cranny, in which case, agian, good airflow will usually balance it out mostly.

its the cnps 9500 or whatever. basically its the AM2 version aka NVIDIA branded color to the regular copper version everyone uses.

devil_trigger-

Nice case. Thats a lot of foam! :D

I did something similar with the holes I cut in my case (with the electrical tape). I recommend that you drill round holes if you decide to cut more holes. This way you can put rubber grommets in the holes.
Just looks a little neater if you do it that way.

Well I did it at my dads shop and he didnt have a hole saw at the time and I wanted it done that day so I just did it like that. Also, you dont really see it either since I have the foam around it on the mobo side and since the tuniq tower is so huge it pretty much blocks it lol.

alik4041-

If you have the cash I recommend purchasing a rounded ATA cables. The one in there is really twisty. The goldylox SATA cables are ok but if you purchase some shorter ones then you can get a cleaner look.

Looking good so far. Keep spending time on it. You'll get the hang of it. ;)

Never seen the bubbly on ram coolers before. :p
Thanks :) . Can you believe that tooke me like four hours. Well I did do some other stuff :p

So I am having some issues with Sata cables. I'm using a crappy Dynex (Aopen) case from best buy, 'cause I got it for like $30.
What sux, is the SATA cables are in the middle of things. I added a front case fan to cool the HD's, and as a result, the HD's stick out a bit. As a result, the Sata cables have like 2 inches to go, but they are 8" long.
SO. Should I curlycue them like above, OR, should I just fold them up. Is there any danger in kinking a SATA cable?

So I am having some issues with Sata cables. I'm using a crappy Dynex (Aopen) case from best buy, 'cause I got it for like $30.
What sux, is the SATA cables are in the middle of things. I added a front case fan to cool the HD's, and as a result, the HD's stick out a bit. As a result, the Sata cables have like 2 inches to go, but they are 8" long.
SO. Should I curlycue them like above, OR, should I just fold them up. Is there any danger in kinking a SATA cable?

I found that making them into the curly shape is a lot safer so that the individual wire strip. I'll show you what I mean:

This is a very similar connector; the sata power connector. This is how it's supposed to look like. Notice all the shiny pins.

This is when it's twisted and played with a lil much. The pins got pulled when I was messing with the wire. So making the lil curly things, I think, would be more conservative. It's real easy to do. Just take a screw driver and tie the sata cable around the metal side. Good Luck :cool:

So I couldn't really hide my cables the best, but i think it looks pretty good. I added the fan controller and the Zalman 9500. Then I also switched around some fans as well. Thanks for looking!

DSC01584.jpg

DSC01583.jpg

DSC01580.jpg

DSC01578-1.jpg

DSC01576.jpg

VS
DSC00421.jpg

VS
DSC00412.jpg

Big difference eh? haha

So I couldn't really hide my cables the best, but i think it looks pretty good. I added the fan controller and the Zalman 9500. Then I also switched around some fans as well. Thanks for looking!

Looks nice. BTW, your case wasn't really made for hiding cables :p it looks better than before :D

Thanks guys, I cut the hell outta my hand installed that stupid CNPS9500...I was mounting it and took my right hand out from the screw driver and it was covered in blood. I starting laughing haha :D

I'm not a big fan of that tube sleeving you got there sandman but overall it looks good, nice comp!

So Sandman, I notice a very familiar looking fan controller and blue LED 120mm fan now installed in your case. Everything work out okay? ;)

Haha, I have nooo idea what you're talking about!!

jk, Everything is working GREAT. Thanks again JP, you rock.

So I should keep it ghetto eh? You guys are right, v1200's suck for cable hiding...but oh well. It's all I could do without dumping $400 into the water cooling I wanted to do. (If I do WC, I would go balls out for it) ;)

Sandman, looks pretty good. I have a V2100 (basically the huge version of your case, + a door)., and the only way I got my cables to look good was to make tons of custom cables (and buy rediculously long SATA cables). I cut a 1x1" square out from behind the CD tray's , right next to where the header cables come up, for wiring cables. I definately found it worth it, however, you may not. One thing you'd be able to EASILY do while making your own cables is make tons of cables for your fans, as it appears that is one of your current obstacles in your case.

Some tips though, try grabbing some black sleeving and heatshrink, and re-do your cables with black sleeving not tubing. You can then ziptie all of the same color cables together, and keep the space ocupied down to a minimum. Plus, they arn't as shiny! (I assume u want ur cables to be hidden lol!).

Keep an eye out for my build if you want to see what I mean by how much custom cables help, I will be posting it in a week or so. School kinda kills my time for building this thing, but the fact thats its watercooled also takes more time than I thought it would, darn leak tests!

Just built this for my cousin today...
Specs:
Biostar 6100-M9 (s939, nForce 410 chipset)
A64 3500+
1Gb Crucial dual channel kit
Thermaltake TR2
W0070RUC 430w PSU
Cooler Master Centurion 534 (with window of course)
LG DL burner

It's currently been under load for the past few hours at 2.4G (the board doesn't give an FSB multi option, but gives an HTT multi option and basic ram timing control... how screwy is that?) without a problem. I probably won't leave it there as it's for my younger cousin and she doesn't do anything outside listening to music, surfin' the web, doin' papers for school, etc. I took it as a small challenge to my wire-routing skills.
Brig1.jpg

Brig2.jpg

Brig3.jpg

Nice job EET...it may not always be possible to completely hide every wire in the case (if you're not willing to chop up the case) but you've shown that it is possible to do very nice work in a fairly basic case and a basic build, kudos. :cool:

Front
1000666gp2.jpg

Server side
1000673pl5.jpg

Gaming side.
1000676vz9.jpg

any better I can do? lol The 2 120.3 rads are overkill for the cpu only im waiting for nvidias new card to start watercooling that.

Back