Post your "rate my cables" here

Hehe, I dig that suspended HDD... Good way of decoupling a drive inside the small-ish A05. What kinda temps you getting in there? Particularly on the GPU (since the A05 kinda isolates it in a spot w/o much airflow).

Hehe, I dig that suspended HDD... Good way of decoupling a drive inside the small-ish A05. What kinda temps you getting in there? Particularly on the GPU (since the A05 kinda isolates it in a spot w/o much airflow).

both cores have never gotten above 61 degrees, and that was only for a few seconds, about 7 hours into Prime95 testing. The video card, on the other hand, is a little crazy. 90% of my gaming time is spent playing Counter-Strike:Source; very CPU intensive, but not very GPU intensive, and while under idle / normal load, the GPU will stay in the mid to high 40's, but as soon as I launch Crysis (I'm assuming it's DX10 and not Crysis) it heats up to mid 70's within a matter of seconds. It sort of scared me and to be honest I'm holding off playing any newer games until I get around to adding a blowhole to the top of the case. RAM, CPU, HDD temps are all stellar however.

BTW my e3110 (e8400) was running at 3600 when I ran Prime95, so it's definitely temp-stable.

So here's my P182. I've got everything but the GPU, CPU, Blu-Ray drive and hard drives so this is basically what it will look like.

Is there any major room for improvement here?

DSC00203.jpg

DSC00212.jpg

All fans in the case (the Dominator Airflow and 3 Scythe S-Flexs) are on a Sunbeam fan controller.

So here's my P182. I've got everything but the GPU, CPU, Blu-Ray drive and hard drives so this is basically what it will look like.

Is there any major room for improvement here?
*chop*
All fans in the case (the Dominator Airflow and 3 Scythe S-Flexs) are on a Sunbeam fan controller.

The only thing I would do is change which sata power plug you use on your optical drive. Use the last one on the 'line' and it should look a little better.. it looks great as it is.

Pictures of how I cleaned up my cases throughout the years:

1) Rat's nest of an HTPC:

post-6-1126473844.jpg

2) The cleanup:

post-6-1129778838.jpg

3) Lazy build up by me of another system:

IMG_0701.jpg

4) Cleanup:

IMG_0785.jpg

5) Working now on new system and how it can be cleaned up (uATX setup):

IMG_0112.jpg

Here's the cleanup I did on my Antec 900:

IMG_0699.jpg

I had to cut a couple of holes in the case with a dremel to route cables behind the mobo.

Still a work in progress but here is my new build...missing an addition 2GB of corsair dominator ram to go along with the 2gb of G.Skill

DSC01487.jpg

I like your setup, even though you took your photos with a phone. I like the green and black.

I'm posting these more so for suggestions or help rather than a "rate my cables" post.

v74dig.jpg

a9l3dv.jpg

2z4mr0x.jpg

First at missing theory, just get a bunch of zip ties and go to town. I would sugest black ties but blue ones would look good to.

I just upgraded again and need some help with the 12v rails cables. Those 2 PCI-E cables are too short to go behind the mobo so i had to put them out in front. Any suggestions what i could do with them or any other cables that might look bad? I have some modders mesh that can go in the case as well but i dont know where to put it.

Computer.jpg

Here is mine. got a new case, and some fans, fan grills, and stuff.

Old-
DSC04050.jpg

DSC04034.jpg

Newer-
023.jpg

026.jpg

Newest-
351.jpg

370.jpg

322.jpg

367.jpg

any ideas? i know i need to get rid of the wires at the top. Im gonna drill a slit right above the MOBO to tuck them in.. just need dad to get back with the drill

Here is mine. got a new case, and some fans, fan grills, and stuff.

322.jpg

any ideas? i know i need to get rid of the wires at the top. Im gonna drill a slit right above the MOBO to tuck them in.. just need dad to get back with the drill

nice blood... :D

sitting down for an hour with 6 fans, braided cable sleeving, extra wire, solder and electrical tape will make a world of a difference for most of you.
seriously, you'd be surprised how much interference a few wires will make in airflow.

Well, finally got to building my very first comp. The Antec Solo was a little cramp for all the stuff that I packed in there. After a broken sata data connector on a hard drive and a broken sata power connector on my cd drive, I was finally done. (Luckily both drives still work)

Thanks to faugusztin for posting pictures of his Antec Solo setup earlier in the thread. It gave me a very good place to start.

antecsolomm3.jpg

Modded the lights since nothing else I have uses blue lights. Cut out the fan grill in the back as well as the one in the front intake.

antecsolofrontusbaz5.jpg

Wrapped the fan wires in electrical tape to make it a little cleaner. Bah, too bad Abit didn't make six usb ports instead of having two ether jacks. Hard to hide the ugly cables from the usb/firewire bracket. Here's a picture without the bracket installed.

Reversed the hard drives so I could use all four hard drives without the wires clashing with the 8800GT. The video card just barely fit right underneath the drive.

antecsolobackhx6.jpg

antechddrivebaynd0.jpg

There's a lot of stress on these cables and the front fan bay was just barely able to close.

-snip-
There's a lot of stress on these cables and the front fan bay was just barely able to close.

I would be very careful with that. SATA connections are fragile, and if they break off you'll be looking for a new logic board for your drive...

I would be very careful with that. SATA connections are fragile, and if they break off you'll be looking for a new logic board for your drive...

Yeah, I know. I've read the reports of broken SATA connectors. In fact, I broke two during the installation because of the lack of room to maneuver when I was trying to take them off. That's why I don't plan to ever touch those connectors again unless absolutely necessary, now that I've set everything up. I did my best to relieve the stress on the connectors.

Yeah, I know. I've read the reports of broken SATA connectors. In fact, I broke two during the installation because of the lack of room to maneuver when I was trying to take them off. That's why I don't plan to ever touch those connectors again unless absolutely necessary, now that I've set everything up. I did my best to relieve the stress on the connectors.

I would still buy 90 degree cables for them.

I would still buy 90 degree cables for them.

90 degree cables would not fit due to the reversal of the hard drive installation. There is now too much of the hard drive tray sticking out past the hard drive itself for the 90 degree cables to work. I thought about it until I installed it. It was clear that it would not work. :(

90 degree cables would not fit due to the reversal of the hard drive installation. There is now too much of the hard drive tray sticking out past the hard drive itself for the 90 degree cables to work. I thought about it until I installed it. It was clear that it would not work. :(

Notch them. ;)

notch the cables? im having trouble with them fitting next to each other on the mobo

I think he means to notch the hard drive trays so that I can use 90 degree cables. Most of the stress on those cables are not on my data cables but the power. I may mod it just for the power cables alone. I don't know why I didn't think of it. Probably because I just wanted to be up and running without any more cutting.

Back