Post your Speaker setup PICS!!!!!!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Here is the most capable subwoofer system in a small room,you will see(close to completion). Fed by eight 15AMP , six 20AMP and four 30AMP dedicated lines.

Will be completed in November when two more 18" drivers from SoundSplinter will be added.

Mains will be changed for Alcons arrays. To give me total freedom from any speakers distress far into levels when ho human ear can endure. I like to call it HEADROOM SUPREME.

My question is WHO wants to best this displacement? :p :D

go look at the klipsch forum a guy called the ear.i bet he can out displace that.

What is the point? Extreme LF bass reproduction down to single digits aproaching DC at over 120dB.

Something no ported can claim,something only a few IB can. Since IB is not an option the multiple sealed modules.

What is the point? Extreme LF bass reproduction down to single digits aproaching DC at over 120dB.

Something no ported can claim,something only a few IB can. Since IB is not an option the multiple sealed modules.

I don't think we're questioning why a lot of bass. I'm not. We're questioning why you own more than enough subwoofer to break your house apart, make you deaf, and possibly kill you (even without considering your house collapsing on you) if you were to hook everything up.

Why all this sub,because I want total freedom from any audible stress at any frequency to near DC at SPL I I will never use. Because gobs of headroom is my goal,I am not impressed by pretty looking "audiophool" tiny speakers and subs that claim impossible performance as it is limited by cone area and displacement.They are great at moderate playback levels.Sometimes realism calls for major displacement.

And above all mains will arrive that best the most capable consumer arrays made.

Listen to any pair of subs ,take the most capable and they pale in comparison to the juggernaut "Sub" that I have. In extension at levels where your ears will beg you for mercy. That is a real sub to me.

The only competition would be a container sub designed and built by Danley.But who has a space for a truck container,would have to be added when building a house. ;)

Here is the most capable subwoofer system in a small room,you will see(close to completion). Fed by eight 15AMP , six 20AMP and four 30AMP dedicated lines.

Just one sub module away (Acoupower 18) from finishing...

Will be completed in November when two more 18" drivers from SoundSplinter will be added.

Mains will be changed for Alcons arrays. To give me total freedom from any speakers distress far into levels when ho human ear can endure. I like to call it HEADROOM SUPREME.

My question is WHO wants to best this displacement? :p :D

jesus christ.... :eek::confused::eek:

Nothing special. Old Polk RT3 bookshelfs, a old Yamaha YST-SW80 sub, my custom made cat5e speaker cable's (not really needed, but fun to make), and a Pioneer VSX-D711 receiver. My plan is to get a nice 2 channel amp w/ a sub pre-out to replace the Pioneer (to many settings for a simple 2 channel music setup) , and repair one of the tweeter's in the left RT3 (scratchy at certain frequencies.) And yes, I know the speakers are 10 years old, but Polk has really great service for old stuff.

IMG_0001-1.jpg

IMG_0002-1.jpg

IMG_00043.jpg

IMG_0003-1.jpg

Heres my new set up

Logitech x-540's. I just need to upgrade me 7 year old Audigy 2 sound card to get the most out of them.

dzarnt.jpg

25re59u.jpg

What he's trying to say is that boxed pc speakers aren't usually well received unless their Swan or M-Audio.

Finally got my college apartment setup the way I like it. Speakers are (obviously) Insignia NSB-2111's, but I reinforced the enclosures, built new crossovers and magnetically shielded them. I cleaned up the porting too. I'm pleased with the sound they produce.

FWIW: WMA Lossless-> Razer AC-1-> Optical-> Sony STR-DE898-> Insignia's

2959027211_248b378557_b.jpg

Crappy cell phone pics, ex-wife took the camera...

1022081835.jpg

My entire mess of a desktop, speakers are Infinity SL30 from the mid 90's that I got off Craigslist in minty condition for $30, a Dayton 8" sub is hiding under the desk. Also my OG playstation that I use as a CD player.

Signal path is from my X-Fi extreme gamer -> optical cable to Zero DAC -> rca cable to the tiny TC-754 input selector/preamp -> split rcas to my gainclone amp and the sub. Sound is pretty nice, although the sub and speakers will need to be upgraded at some point, good for now though.

1022081843.jpg

close up shot of my gainclone, just built it a couple of weeks ago, not really too much to see from the outside I guess. I haven't measured the output, but with the transformer I used it should be putting out around 60W/Ch RMS into the 6 Ohm Infinity's. The enclosure is solid aluminum and I used some nice gold plated rcas and binding posts for inputs and outputs, I think it could probably blow apart these speakers at max volume. I built it without any integrated volume control and just use my preamp for that.

And apparently I need to dust the base of my monitor, haha!

At the new flat, with the new stands - they make such a difference to the bass response! Also finally got enough space to set up the record deck :)

setup_october2008_small.jpg

Larger version (1920*923, 692KB).

Amp & tuner sit inside the rack;
IMGP1686.jpg

Left channel & record deck (Connoisseur BD1);
IMGP1687.jpg

New sand-filled Gale T50 stands (no spikes yet);
IMGP1688.jpg

I'm still in the realm of "pc speakers" so bear with me. Can someone please explain to me the benefit/advantage/purpose of that room full of stacked subs a page or so back?

I'm still in the realm of "pc speakers" so bear with me. Can someone please explain to me the benefit/advantage/purpose of that room full of stacked subs a page or so back?
Try reading the rest of that page, the question was already posed & answered (somewhat).

lost eden, not a bad setup for farfield viewing but those speakers are placed very badly for sitting at the computer.

Try reading the rest of that page, the question was already posed & answered (somewhat).

Ok so I reread, and I suppose I see the "answer", but I'm confused as to what it actually means.

Why all this sub,because I want total freedom from any audible stress at any frequency to near DC at SPL I I will never use. Because gobs of headroom is my goal...

And above all mains will arrive that best the most capable consumer arrays made.

What does this mean? If someone wouldn't mind sharing what those acronyms stand for and perhaps a brief rundown of "headroom".

lost eden, not a bad setup for farfield viewing but those speakers are placed very badly for sitting at the computer.
I know, but I do all serious listening from the bed. I would rather have them set up well for the bed & poorly for the desk than mediocre for both.

Ok so I reread, and I suppose I see the "answer", but I'm confused as to what it actually means.

What does this mean? If someone wouldn't mind sharing what those acronyms stand for and perhaps a brief rundown of "headroom".

Well, headroom is just the available performance you have left when you are doing something. E.g. if you are on a highway doing 80 mph in a car which can do 100 mph max, you don't have a lot of headroom -- you are very close to the limit of your performance. In a car with 200 mph max speed, you don't have to worry about power reserve.

Same story here, but the performance metric is distortion at sound pressure level (the louder a speaker plays, the more it distorts; having lots of speakers play at low levels produces very high sound pressure since the waves are superimposed, but you still enjoy low distortion).

SPL is sound pressure level. DC is Direct Current? I guess he means the power circuitry in his house has no headroom when all these subs are in use. IB is infinite baffle:
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Loudspeaker_enclosure#Infinite_baffle

Multiple subs for what is called an array and this in turn lowers distortion.As each driver works very little.Also the most important goal here is to get a flat frequency response to near DC. Something no commercial sub can acomplish(save for fan subs that require to have a LARGE second space to work well,these are IB fan subs).

This sub cruising will belt SPL levels commercial subs would start distorting at. Plus one very important factor this room is very small and "room gain" in the lower registers is huge.
This coupled with the fact you have ten 15" and ten 18" drivers backed by ~50KW of amplification = unlimited performance, where this setup hits the limits hearing loss will be long in effect.

You guys are nuts! Hahaha, thanks for the info though. Great setups, especially the room full of subs.

Not too sure if this can be considered my speaker setup pics.

Setup:
Klipsch Promedia Ultra 5.1
I have additional 2 pair of speakers: Travagans 2" speakers and a pair of Klipsch Quintet II. I only use 1 set at a time and they are all powered by my Klipsch Promedia Ultra sub.

Anyway here they are:
DSCF4355.jpg

Here is a closer look:
Left to Right: Klipsch Quintet II, Klipsch Promedia Ultra satellite and Travagans 2"
DSCF4357.jpg

I guess that's true in theory since efficiency is judged by the percentage of power output compared to the amount of power the amplifier draws but in my experience while the amp may be most efficient at higher output levels, it'll still run much hotter since it's through-putting a lot more juice than it would at idle-low levels. I think Class D has some real potential but unfortunately it seems that most manufacturers just aren't putting out amps that are capable of matching the performance of Class A/AB amps, at least not in the budget (Under $1k) market. The tripath Class Ds like the RWA Signature 30 are interesting but I've never been able to audition them so I'm not sure how they compare.

Amen dude, I used to be pretty into headphones but abandoned them since I just can't get as much satisfaction from a headphone rig as I can from a speaker rig.
What was your headphone rig? Cause I'm the opposite.. Speakers don't do it for me like headphones.

I know there aren't "Computer" Speakers but I jsut got some free Technics SB-CR77 Floor Speakers!!

IMG_0024.jpg

where on earth did you get free speakers like THAT??? I got free speakers from newegg once and they were snowmen :rolleyes:

Hot setup, I'm fairly certain we share the same TV model. What game is that?

how'd you get them for free??? i want free speakers! :(

Been in my Aunt and Uncle's Basement for 5 years, and I just asked if I could have them! :D

Oh and the game is Burnout Paradise City and the TV is a 37" Vizio 720p HDTV

in the shops now for around $1800 but i managed to get mine in an end of year sale for $1150

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back