Post Your Workstation 2007

Status
Not open for further replies.
I just finish building my new PC. It's way better than my old 840MHz P3. I'm able to do so much mutlitasking with the quad and 4Gb of memory. I love it! I'm going to wipe the hard drive on my old PC, and dual boot Windows XP and Ubuntu linux. Spec's in my sig.

Well I should shut up and show you the pronz...

Nice and clean... Just the way I like it. *drools* :twisted:

Not so clean... :( This case is hard for cable management, and I'm not that good. As long as the airflow is good, it's fine.

This case in huge, just over 24 inches tall. It can hold 19 drives, 12 HD's and 7 Opties.
DSC_0088.jpg
nukeulater, why did u wait so long to upgrade?

that's the exact same case i am thinking about buying.

and

u went cheapo on the 22 monitor huh.:)

nukeulater, why did u wait so long to upgrade?
Well I'm 17, so I had to get my parents approval. That alone took 2 years. If it was up to me, I would have upgraded much sooner.

u went cheapo on the 22 monitor huh.:)
My parents gave it to me, it was a gift for working so hard. Yeah, I wanted the 24 incher but the 22 is working just fine. It's great for photo editing, which is mostly what I do. It wasn't cheap either, it was about $450 at the time. The 24" was $700...

Did a little cleaning up...

Before:
*snip*

After:
*snip*

Window and red lighting blocked off.. Ehh... Better?

Love that chair, eh? I had one of those a few years back, paid like $10 for it. Solid freakin' steel, heavy, rock solid and nearly unbreakable. A great chair really, and for a guy like me - 6'6" 380 lbs - it comes in quite handy.

Love that monitor arm you have too, and yeah, at first glance at the second pic I too wondered, ok where did the PC go then I noticed the arm and realized what you'd done. Pretty slick setup...

Haven't posted pics of my setup in ages, so here goes (In all its horribly messy glory)

In the door:

I should probably haul half this stuff to the junkyard, but I can't bring myself to do it.

Workstation:

I built that hutch out of 3/4" plywood and 2x4s. I could probably park my car on it! All 3 monitors are on 4-way KVMs.

Bench:

My workbench, currently testing power supplies. :)

Computers:

The Twins:

My pair of OC'd Q6600s in old school Lian-Li PC-70s. Linux on the left, Windows on the right. Specs in Sig.

Rack:

From top to bottom:
5U Cubix 8xP200MMX Blade
5U (ATX converted) AMD 2400+/K7D-MasterL (Bittorrents)
4U AMD 4600+/Asus A8V-E (Sandbox/Testing)
4U AMD 3200+ (Head for upcoming desktop cluster project)

Haven't posted pics of my setup in ages, so here goes (In all its horribly messy glory)

In the door:

I should probably haul half this stuff to the junkyard, but I can't bring myself to do it.

Workstation:

I built that hutch out of 3/4" plywood and 2x4s. I could probably park my car on it! All 3 monitors are on 4-way KVMs.

Bench:

My workbench, currently testing power supplies. :)

Computers:

The Twins:

My pair of OC'd Q6600s in old school Lian-Li PC-70s. Linux on the left, Windows on the right. Specs in Sig.

Rack:

From top to bottom:
5U Cubix 8xP200MMX Blade
5U (ATX converted) AMD 2400+/K7D-MasterL (Bittorrents)
4U AMD 4600+/Asus A8V-E (Sandbox/Testing)
4U AMD 3200+ (Head for upcoming desktop cluster project)

That sir is badass.

That sir is badass.

Thanks! :)

I thought I'd add a pic of some of my mobile equipment as well:

Here's why I need 3 wireless networks. Left to right:
IBM Thinkpad A21p
Apple Macbook (2ghz)
Panasonic Toughbook CF-M34 mkI
Fujitsu U8240 UMPC
Sharp Zaurus SL-C3000

Edit: Nuts - I can't believe I forgot a laptop :p
Libretto U100 7" sub-notebook (on the lieft):

IBM Thinkpad A21p
Apple Macbook (2ghz)
Fujitsu U8240 UMPC
Sharp Zaurus SL-C3000

you are the reason i hate looking at this thread!!
Nice Setup!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by kahm

IBM Thinkpad A21p
Apple Macbook (2ghz)
Fujitsu U8240 UMPC
Sharp Zaurus SL-C3000

you are the reason i hate looking at this thread!!
Nice Setup!!

No, he's the reason we really come here to look lol. Amazing setup.:D

Here is my wonder area...

Will start off with my old setup first..

Computer001.jpg

Wrapped in a Lian Li V2100B
Computer002.jpg

This is how I get my U120+ to keep pressure so it doesn't move..
Computer004.jpg

Now time for the new...

Computer008.jpg

Computer007.jpg

Computer015.jpg

Old V2100B housing an old s939 Venice with my old 520w OCZ...
Computer006.jpg

Misc Parts sitting around and wires/cables in tuts..
Computer005.jpg

And my pride and glory...Sony Bravia 40'' 1080p KDL-40V2500, the Sony 1080i upconvert/DVD-R RDR-GX355, Sony STR-DG500 w/ MTX 150w Sub + KLH 9250L Speakers. The surround speakers are some old Kenwood JL620W with a cheap Technics center speaker.
Computer011.jpg

Also some cheap Panasonic 5disc DVD/CD changer that I never use anymore.

My parents gave it to me, it was a gift for working so hard. Yeah, I wanted the 24 incher but the 22 is working just fine. It's great for photo editing, which is mostly what I do. It wasn't cheap either, it was about $450 at the time. The 24" was $700...

well thanks for reply. i also just bought for myself an acer 22, couldn't get the samsung 24 i wanted.

model: AL2216Wbd

I decided to plug my comp in to my new tv to check out how wow looks. Using a dvi-hdmi cable and i must say it is very nice

update: fixed picture size, will add higher quality pics later.

is that the gamers 1080p 32inch or is it a 42 inch? And why two mass effects?

actually it is the 720p 46" and the 2nd Mass Effect is the free bonus when you buy the game at gamestop.com. Also my 360 redringed right before i got my tv so I can only enjoy my ps3 on it. Uncharted and GH3 look very nice.

actually it is the 720p 46" and the 2nd Mass Effect is the free bonus when you buy the game at gamestop.com. Also my 360 redringed right before i got my tv so I can only enjoy my ps3 on it. Uncharted and GH3 look very nice.
Oh did you get the BF deal on that tv? I got the dynex deal at bestbuy, its a great tv. And i love my ps3 and my mom just bought GH3 and its a sick game, would you recommend uncharted? Or anyother one of your games?

ya i got the tv at Sears on Black friday

I would definately recommend Uncharted, amazing game.

besides uncharted and GH3 the only other game i have is Motorstorm and I am not a huge fan of it. I am a huge simulation racer fan (Forza Motorsport 1/2, Gran Turismo series) but while motorstorm looks amazing I can't fully recommend it. If you can find a deal on it new or used i would say go for it but for 60 bucks then no.

Are you serious? Motorstorm is the best, i got a free 80gig ps3 and it came with it and its one of the best racing and just plain games i have played. The graphics are amazing and the physics are awesome too. Weight comes into factor and terrain is a really big factor. i think its a great game, i would have bought it for 60 bucks. Thinking about getting warhawk. Would you get it?
ya i got the tv at Sears on Black friday

I would definately recommend Uncharted, amazing game.

besides uncharted and GH3 the only other game i have is Motorstorm and I am not a huge fan of it. I am a huge simulation racer fan (Forza Motorsport 1/2, Gran Turismo series) but while motorstorm looks amazing I can't fully recommend it. If you can find a deal on it new or used i would say go for it but for 60 bucks then no.

there's no place like home

http://chendo.net/peorth/roompics/

Yes yes, I know it's more than just my 'workstation' but eh..in for a penny, in for a pound...

Cookie to whomever can tell me how many computers are in the first four pictures

2? your desktop and the laptop that we can only see part of the lcd for it..

tell me how the heck is that little cabinet holding up that rear projection tv?

2? your desktop and the laptop that we can only see part of the lcd for it..

tell me how the heck is that little cabinet holding up that rear projection tv?

Wrong! Four.
Desktop, and three laptops, one is under the other keyboard by the CO2, and one is under the ream of paper by the TV (the other you spotted...folding with 600mhz of raw Pentium III fury for Team 33!)

And the TV isn't really that heavy. maybe 150lbs or so. stand doesn't seem to complain...but lordy my back did when me and my dad put it up there! :D

Are you serious? Motorstorm is the best, i got a free 80gig ps3 and it came with it and its one of the best racing and just plain games i have played. The graphics are amazing and the physics are awesome too. Weight comes into factor and terrain is a really big factor. i think its a great game, i would have bought it for 60 bucks. Thinking about getting warhawk. Would you get it?

Really it all comes down to what you like and I just don't like arcade racers that much. Not saying they are bad games just not my favorite.

I actually forgot, I do have a couple more games for my PS3. Warhawk and Super Stardust HD. I like both games. Warhawk is just like an updated fast pased Battlefield 1942 style game; I have the most fun on Warhawk only maps.

I figured it was time to finally do my system post.... not as sexy as everyone elses, but ,meh, deal with it! :)
desktop.jpg

systems.jpg

Specs for the compaq and for the Dell in sig
keyboard.jpg

entertainment.jpg

Finally got a hold of a camera but not the best picture. Will get a friends German camera to take better ones. Here a sample..
2600384700085909719S600x600Q85.jpg

2132841650085909719S600x600Q85.jpg

FRAGizm how do you like those two EVGA 8800Ultra in SLI? Is there a real performance difference in those and Just one 8800GTX?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back