Post Your Workstation 2007

Status
Not open for further replies.
dariuslatamus,
i love ur walls do u happen to know what color it is/close to?

Hope this helps :)

PAINT01.jpg

PAINT02.jpg

Your setup is very clean, looks great with that shuttle

Thanks man. Unfortunately that Shuttle is going to go very soon. I just picked up a TJ07 case and I'm going to venture into watercooling so my desk will look a little less busy without it. I'll have to find something else to fill the gap :)

- darius

Aye. Would you mind posting pictures in which we can actually see what you have, then?

I spot a G25, Z-5500's, a Samsung 216BW, an HP vs17, MX518 and MX500 mice, a Samsung BlackJack, a Logitech Access 600 KB, a MS Wired 500 KB, a Uniden phone, a Newegg pencil holder/temp thingy, and a Logitech USB mic :p

I'll get some brighter pix tomorrow. I was fooling with shutter speed.

Here's my setup.

Powerbook > Dell 2407WFP-HC via VGA (w/ VGA to DVI adapter)
Shuttle > Dell 2407WFP-HC via DVI (connected using DVI to HDMI cable through HDMI Switch)
PS3 > Dell 2407WFP-HC via DVI (connected using HDMI to HDMI cable through HDMI Switch
HDMI 4-in-1 Switch > Dell 2407WFP-HC via DVI (connected using HDMI to VGA cable)

Logitech MX Duo setup using KVM Switch to switch between Mac and PC.

Also, logitech Z-5500 speakers are setup in 5.1 fashion with rear speakers setup at ceiling corners. PS3 audio is setup through optical audio.

4 external Lacie Porsche drives (500GB each). 2 for powerbook, 2 for Shuttle.

Hope you like it :)

- darius

_MG_0940.jpg

Nice setup
I live in richmond hill too, where did you get that Dante figurine?

I've been moving everything around and I got most of it done, not completely finished though so there's random stuff laying here and there...
but here's what it looks like as of right now...
Setup7.jpg

I need more games to fill up the top shelf, but right now there's a turkey living in it...
Setup10.jpg

Here's part of my audio setup and some of my PC games...
Setup5.jpg

... and my Shelby 427 S/C...
Setup6.jpg

This is what it looks like inside my A05B... I might want a window on it...
Setup9.jpg

... and my external hd and optical... they both have blue lights as well...
Setup11.jpg

And finally my new MDR-V6 cans on their new rack...
Setup12.jpg

Now I just need a blue lit mouse and keyboard for the blue light overkill :D I'm thinking the Razer Death Adder and the Lycosa keyboard, haven't figured that out yet though.

Well... see y'all later.

Nice setup
I live in richmond hill too, where did you get that Dante figurine?

I got it from the comic store on bayview and major mack called Planet X. It's on the south east side of the intersection in the same plaza as subway I believe.

- darius

Scuse me, but jesus titty fucking christ. How can one live like that :p

MAJOR LAWLZ :D

Curiously though not a food spec or coke smear on any of the hardware or things lying around. There has to be a cola-troll living under all of those bottles :p

LOL if you look at the coca cola bottle with the green cap on the desk, there is the birth of the cola troll you speak of. :rolleyes:

MAJOR LAWLZ :D

Curiously though not a food spec or coke smear on any of the hardware or things lying around. There has to be a cola-troll living under all of those bottles :p

...and he made sure not to cover the speak in that corner of the room too. lol

my latest messy area. yes, the floor is pink. get over it.

flash.jpg

I am right handed, I just mouse lefthanded on the desktop since my right wrist is having problems.

hey guys this is my first post of my workstation not that big or impressave but hey it works for me

Desktop/Laptop
PICT0001-3.jpg

Acer Laptop
PICT0002-2.jpg

Desktop Moniter
PICT0003-2.jpg

-Drew

my latest messy area. yes, the floor is pink. get over it.

[omg]http://www.maj.com/gallery/mark-wms/workstation/dec07/flash.jpg[/omg]

I am right handed, I just mouse lefthanded on the desktop since my right wrist is having problems.

What's that keyboard on the left machine?

just got my new case stacker 832 heres some pics
12072007229.jpg

12072007231.jpg

12072007232.jpg

12072007235.jpg

nooooo you can see all my cables that i tried to hide aww well (under the desk that is)

updates.. sold my macbook pro and setup a quad core (q6600) "hackintosh", it's got leopard installed, able to update straight from apple's updating service.

also, since i lost my "2nd monitor", e.g. the macbook pro's monitor, i went ahead and picked up an lg l246wp..

2104943224_afcce2632c.jpg

updates.. sold my macbook pro and setup a quad core (q6600) "hackintosh", it's got leopard installed, able to update straight from apple's updating service.

also, since i lost my "2nd monitor", e.g. the macbook pro's monitor, i went ahead and picked up an lg l246wp..

2104943224_afcce2632c.jpg

that is totally awesome. Any problems?

that is totally awesome. Any problems?

None so far. Have all functionality working at this point. The ONLY thing you can't do right now is Boot Camp, but you can still dual boot with external boot loaders like Grub, etc.

EDIT:
For you guys wanting info on how I did all of this, you MUST check out this:
http://forum.insanelymac.com/index.php?showtopic=72493 (That is the guide I followed)

There are several other guides, and are several other ways you can configure your system. You can change partition scheme to use GUID (allows more partitions per drive, larger partitions, and the ability to non-volatile edit your partitions).. I went with a standard MBR partition scheme.

There are HUGE advancements being made in the level of hardware being supported and making things even easier. Right now, to setup leopard on my system, I just needed a special boot cd that has a stripped down version of Tiger on it. A patched (using "Brazilmac"'s patch method and files) retail copy of Leopard (yes I bought my own copy to do this, and PLEASE, no discussion about legality here), and lastly a thumbdrive with several files on it.

The guide I linked has all of the information you need.

EDIT, ONE MORE TIME:
To use the vanilla version of the leopard kernel and be able to update as you would on a normal mac, you MUST have a processor that supports SSE3 instructions set. A safe bet is an intel core2duo, quadcore, coreduo type of a processor. In the link above, several folks with various degrees of hardware posted their findings and fixes to getting it working on theirs. Yes, it is a SUPER long thread to read through, but it has every piece of information you need, INCLUDING FINDING ALL OF THE SOFTWARE AND PATCHES AND FILES YOU NEED.

:D

Good luck!

I'd be happy to continue answering questions via PM, just know that I'm going to most likely point you back to this post depending upon the question. If it is a question directly related to my hardware, then I'd be happy to answer them more in detail.

My rig specs:
Intel D975XBX2 "Bad Axe 2" (audio working, ethernet working, sleep and wake working)
Intel Q6600 (stock cooling, stock speeds ---- for now)
4GB (2x2GB) 800mhz G.Skill
EVGA 8800GTS 320MB SC (All video options and enhancements are working)
Cooler Master 690 (750w PSU -- don't be fooled, I went with a 550w at first, this was NOT enough for this rig.. go for as high as you can afford)
1x Seagate 7200 Barracuda 400GB (Sata 3.0)
1x Seagate 7200 Barracuda 500GB (Sata 3.0)
Asus DVDRW (DL) with Lightscribe (Sata)

Cooler Master 690 (750w PSU -- don't be fooled, I went with a 550w at first, this was NOT enough for this rig.. go for as high as you can afford)

I kinda disagree about the PSU... 550 watt is plenty for that system.

I built one similar but with 2 gigs of ram and an 8800 GTX, and Lianli A05, and a 520watt psu...

I'm running an X2 4200, with 6 HDDs, 2 DVD drives, and 8800 GTS 320 on a 630Watt, I have zero stability issues... both CPU/GPU overclocked decent...

I kinda disagree about the PSU... 550 watt is plenty for that system.

I built one similar but with 2 gigs of ram and an 8800 GTX, and Lianli A05, and a 520watt psu...

I'm running an X2 4200, with 6 HDDs, 2 DVD drives, and 8800 GTS 320 on a 630Watt, I have zero stability issues... both CPU/GPU overclocked decent...

Not for me Blazestorm, removing the video card allowed it to boot, with the video card in, no dice. As soon as I upgraded from the Rosewill 550w to my Cooler Master 750w, all was golden. That's just my experience.

Not for me Blazestorm, removing the video card allowed it to boot, with the video card in, no dice. As soon as I upgraded from the Rosewill 550w to my Cooler Master 750w, all was golden. That's just my experience.

Not all PSUs are created equal...that Rosewill 550w unit might have been a junky PSU.

he's right about that... a high quality 550 watt psu is much different then a generic 550 watt

Not all PSUs are created equal...that Rosewill 550w unit might have been a junky PSU.

Amen..

It's not about spending as much as you can afford on a PSU...just don't buy junk and buy one from a good name brand company(ie: OCZ,FSP,etc).

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back