POV 9800GTX Reviewed

Tweaktowns are the one that are fishy and suspisious, not t-break:s that make more sence than tweaktowns do. Of couse nvidia want t-breaks review gone, either because of NDA or that it is to bad for 9800GTX that aint anything other than an 8800GTS OC with 3 way sli option and that for high premium price..

Your reasoning makes no sense :) Ever heard of T-Break.com before? Didn't think so...The only thing fishy I see is some site noone has ever heard of before popping up and posting a supposed review of unreleased hardware.

Tweaktown at least has done this in the past and been fairly accurate thier numbers will vary but in general the performance comparison to other cards has been fairly accurate.

T-Break likely took the review down because it was fake and Nvidia threatened them with a lawsuit. Tweaktown likely still has thier review up because it is real and Nvidia didn't have any grounds for a law suit.

Neither website has signed an NDA so neither website would be legally required to remove the review, so why would t-break pull it if it was legit?

I agree with bluehaze. I have never heard of T-Break.com and it makes me wonder why t-break removed it and tweaktown hasnt.

of course they didn't asked to remove the tweaktown review...All the they do is kiss nvidia A$$...... Their review suck..... No comparaison with the 8800GTX or Ultra but only with the inferior 8800Gt but in the conclusion they compare to the 8800GTS !! Also they seem to think that QUAD SLI is the way of the future because of some potential in one game !!!

Only a fool can see potential in QUAD SLI, a solution that have absolutely no interest for the majority.

Oh I forgot, they manage to release a card that is noisier then the HD 3870X2 !!! Incredible, they now beat ATI in the noise departement too !!!!

of course they didn't asked to remove the tweaktown review...All the they do is lick nvidia A$$...... Their review suck..... No comparaison with the 8800GTX or Ultra but only with the inferior 8800Gt but in the conclusion they compare to the 8800GTS !! Also they seem to think that QUAD SLI is the way of the future because of some potential in one game !!!

Only a fool can see potential in QUAD SLI, a solution that have absolutely no interest for the majority.

Oh I forgot, they manage to release a card that is noisier then the HD 3870X2 !!! Incredible, they now beat ATI in the noise departement too !!!

Doesn't seem to be thier opinion at all?

"Moving to High paints a slightly different picture; we again see the big gains over the single card when moving to SLI, but this time almost 100% at 1920 x 1200. Tri SLI also manages to give us at the lower resolution about a 15% performance increase. We can see at the higher resolution the SLI GTX setup is actually the best, beating out three and four GPUs. "

http://www.tweaktown.com/articles/1363/nvidia_geforce_9800gtx_in_tri_sli_tested/index.html

now SLI with the 2x9800GTX is the way to go... Strange they don't talk about noise in TRI SLI....Would be interesting to know, the noisiet card alone, what is the result with 3 ? Earplug please.

But strange they never ask themself why nvidia cannot release a single GPU card that would give the performance of SLI allmost 2 years after the release of the 8800GTX ??

Your reasoning makes no sense :) Ever heard of T-Break.com before? Didn't think so...The only thing fishy I see is some site noone has ever heard of before popping up and posting a supposed review of unreleased hardware.

Tweaktown at least has done this in the past and been fairly accurate thier numbers will vary but in general the performance comparison to other cards has been fairly accurate.

T-Break likely took the review down because it was fake and Nvidia threatened them with a lawsuit. Tweaktown likely still has thier review up because it is real and Nvidia didn't have any grounds for a law suit.

Neither website has signed an NDA so neither website would be legally required to remove the review, so why would t-break pull it if it was legit?
Tweaktown has been of to may times to even bother with them, i trust any site over them anyday.
Here is one proof, ok it´s just one "game" but more accurat than ther fixing and screwing around:
http://www.xtremesystems.org/forums/showpost.php?p=2872583&postcount=28
T-break took it down becaue they was asked to, more likely because it was to bad for the GTX and they want people to buy the dam card.

EDIT T-break is big in the middle east, no wonder it never have been heard of in the us.

FWIW T-Break has been around for a while now. Yes, it's in the Middle East, which I thought was made fairly clear from the review. Never paid attention to TweakTown before, so no opinion on their longevity or validity. While it may prove to be pointless, meaning the pre-release info/reviews we're seeing are accurate, I'm still waiting for "official" reviews from all the major hardware sites before jumping to any conclusions. (Once again, a dislaimer, I'm not buying a 9800GTX regardless of how great it is or isn't; just curious to know the real/final story.)

OMFG im so anxious to see the results why did it have to exceed bandwidth today :'(!!!! -_-'!!!!

Back