Problem with seller

matrix563

Fully [H]
http://hardforum.com/member.php?u=94559

bought a dvd burner from him on march 5th. no response to 2 pm's i've sent him and he's been online here since both pm's. just asked if he had shipped it and if he had a tracking # cause i still have not received it. he's had issues on here before so i hope thats not the case now but i dunno

I've been trying to contact him as well, and not having much luck, I do see him coming on here.
I did receive one of the items, but not the other.
PM's through hardforum :
03-14-2011
03-15-2011
Emails :
03-16-2011
03-17-2011

I've purchased from him,no problem here.He updates his thread regularly.Any other Mod could PM him to see what's up?

I purchased a few things from his recent thread.

First was E6300, P5B Deluxe, and 4GB DDR2. Paid on 3/2. I had PMed him then again on 3/3 and bought one of the Antec 300's along with the BFG power supply. He informed me on 3/3 that the CPU/mobo/RAM had already shipped that day, but he would then send out the case/power supply (figured if he hadn't sent it all out I'd save a bit on shipping). I imagine the case went out either 3/4 or 3/5. No problems with communication at all.. quick and friendly.

The mobo/CPU/RAM showed up on 3/12. Packaging could have been a little bit tighter, but everything arrived in working shape. There were even a few SATA cables I didn't expect.

Still waiting on the case/power supply. Figured that should have arrived on 3/14-3/15, but figured maybe a little extra time due to size *shrug*

Last contact was on 3/12, but I honestly haven't been trying to get in touch with him. I know USPS parcel post can be pretty slow sometimes. If the parts don't show up still by Saturday though, I'll be a bit bothered. He's only in D.C. area, which is 2 days for any service besides parcel post. Tracking would have been nice, but I'm not sure that is even possible with parcel post, and there is no way I would have paid for priority shipping on the case.

Last edited:
there is tracking on parcel post with delivery confirmation

i think it's probably transit somewhere
i would contact him first see if he has d/c for it

I bought something from that thread. he shipped fast and good communication.
I know it does not help, just my experiance.

its ok. he had good communication leading up to the sale, but no response since. never been a good sign in the past for me with anyone when they stop saying things to you

It wasn't earlier this morning when I sent a PM asking for tracking information again *shrug*

Are you saying PM sender is notified if recipient's inbox is full?

Last edited:
My issue is slightly different I guess.
I bought 2 items but it was missing the dvd-rw.
I messaged and emailed (the one for his paypal, and the one in his thread), but no response, oh and of course PM'ing here on the above dates.

I PMed him earlier and see he's been online since but didn't respond. Would it be overly unreasonable for me to want a refund if I don't have the package or a tracking number tomorrow? Figure at that point I'll just order a new Antec 300 case (they are on sale at Newegg), and if his box ends up showing up I can just RTS it.

I did ask for a tracking number last week, and he had just replied saying it had shipped. Then earlier today I asked for a tracking number again.

Worst case, I made the second purchase with my credit card (first purchase was bank account, but I received those items).

You guys have all filed disputes with your payment processors right?

A seller who stops responding is always grounds for a dispute. If you stuff shows up then great just drop the dispute and everyone has a nice day but you are only hurting yourselves by waiting.

Is it possible the PM box is full? I don't know about [H] forum software but many other forums I am on will not tell you when the pm box is full and just doesn't send the message....I think it's unlikely since this forum looks newer but you just never know.

Every vBulletin forum I've been on tells the sender when the PM box is full, and the 'receiver' gets an email telling them it is full and someone tried to send a message.

In any case, I filed a dispute this morning with Paypal as there is still no package or tracking information. We'll see if he responds and escalate to a claim as necessary. As I said, I'm not too worried. The first shipment I received was paid with Paypal balance/bank account, but I received those parts. The second shipment was paid with a credit card, so I shouldn't have a problem getting my money back one way or another.

I have responded to those with problems via PM.

As for being online, I haven't had internet access for quite a few days and decided to figure out how that was possible. I used Safari on a friends mac, [H] was on his *speed Dial page* my assumption is since it's rendering current info, it's also loading the page.

Either way I've only received notification of three potential issues and have addressed all of them.

For those with issues with their shipments. Please PM me again so we I can address your concerns.
I'll gladly provide refunds where necessary.

I have responded to those with problems via PM.

As for being online, I haven't had internet access for quite a few days and decided to figure out how that was possible. I used Safari on a friends mac, [H] was on his *speed Dial page* my assumption is since it's rendering current info, it's also loading the page.

Either way I've only received notification of three potential issues and have addressed all of them.

For those with issues with their shipments. Please PM me again so we I can address your concerns.
I'll gladly provide refunds where necessary.

Refund received. Thank you very much for taking care of things. As I said, if it ends up showing up randomly one day, I'll just refuse delivery/RTS it.

still waiting on a refund. i've sent him an email and a few pm's on here. i've started a dispute. its not much ($14) but certainly an aggravating experience.

I'm another person with issues. His thread states that I bought the HP DVD drive, but it wasn't in the box. I bought all at once so it shouldn't be in a different box, and its been probably more then a week since the box showed up. My Antec case was also damaged, clearly not the case in the pic. He said in PM that it probably happened in transit, except the box wasn't damaged and the bubble wrap was fine. Its not horribly damaged, and I probably would have bought it anyways but I should have been told about it/offered the other case. I still spent $5 on that DVD drive I never got. The $5 I spent on the DVD drive and perhaps another $5 for the case would make me happy. I sent that to him but he hasn't replied.

Not sure its worth the PP headaches, can you contest part of the sate? I can also blast him in heat if nothing else...

I'm another person with issues. His thread states that I bought the HP DVD drive, but it wasn't in the box. I bought all at once so it shouldn't be in a different box, and its been probably more then a week since the box showed up. My Antec case was also damaged, clearly not the case in the pic. He said in PM that it probably happened in transit, except the box wasn't damaged and the bubble wrap was fine. Its not horribly damaged, and I probably would have bought it anyways but I should have been told about it/offered the other case. I still spent $5 on that DVD drive I never got. The $5 I spent on the DVD drive and perhaps another $5 for the case would make me happy. I sent that to him but he hasn't replied.

Not sure its worth the PP headaches, can you contest part of the sate? I can also blast him in heat if nothing else...

you can contest that the items received were not as described. Paypal will determine who is as fault and how much money to be exchanged.

To all the buyers involved in these deals ... I have a question:

Who determined (you or the seller) how the items were going to be shipped? I ask because I see a lot of references to USPS Parcel Post ... probably one of the worst (next to Media Mail) ways to ship computer components. In the day USPS Priority was almost always the way to ship things with the price difference (between Priority and Parcel Post) being (typically) so little it just didn't make sense to use PP. Priority shipments typically take 2-3 days and except for the fact that their "tracking" does not work ... they usually deliver on time. Parcel Post on the other hand typically takes 2-9 days.

I also see a LOT of requests/references to "tracking". USPS does not provide "tracking" of evither Priority or Parcel Post shipments. Please see here:

http://faq.usps.com/eCustomer/iq/us...iew()=c{12adaeb0-57e2-11dc-51b6-000000000000}

Please explain why anyone (unless the seller is simply cheap) uses PP to ship ...

Last edited:
even if he sent it parcel i would have received it by now. i only live 3 hours from him. i dont' think he ever shipped it

Heh. Ya, kind of a bad sign when they only live 3 hours from you, assuming that is true.

Heh. Ya, kind of a bad sign when they only live 3 hours from you, assuming that is true.

it is. he preferred to just meet me in person but it would have cost more in gas than it was worth to drive up there lol.

just got an email from paypal that hte dispute was closed. he initiated a refund, but it doesn't clear till the 29th. that kinda sucks but better than nothing. sucks that i'll be out of my $14 for 24 days by that point.

i'll keep this open in case anyone else pops up with an issue. seems to be alot from those who have posted here so far.

When you are shipping a case, I don't blame him for using PP. I bought a case, a system bundle, the Zune, and the DVD player. From his free section, I picked the fans and the USB cable. It was a big box, and even using PP it was over $20. I'm not upset over the slowness of the shipping. Not telling me when he shipped it, not including the DVD drive, not telling me about the case, and his general poor PMing skills it what leaves a sour taste in my mouth. I spent nearly $150 on this deal, and I prefer to be told when its shipped, etc.

Muzzle has now completely cut off contact with me. He was online here this morning, and didn't reply to my PM.

Even worse I've finally heard from the guy who I bought the CPU and board for. Muzzle shipped it with the heatsink still on the board, and packed it with rolled up shopping bags. No antistatic bag. The board will not post. The guy thinks its the board, while I'm leaving open the possibility that it might be a burned up CPU instead. I'll contact PP tonight.

my 2 cents

i have been handling components like this all my life off and on as a hobby and for work also and have never used antistatic precautions hardly ever and have NEVER had a problem with a board

just saying, the number of failures from ESD is so small it's barely worth mentioning

As far as I'm aware of I've only had things die on me due to heat issues. I have many cards stored improperly in a garage that I could go plug in if I wanted to. I agree with you nobody. But the point is I have no knowledge of the history of the hardware, so I don't know if it was working when shipped, or if it happened during shipping. As I told the guy who got it, I find it more likely muzzle is dumping an OC'd CPU that has died then the board is dead.

I've opened the claim, we'll see what happens.

So that the mods know, my issues have been settled. Muzzle has refunded part of my purchase, so I have no issues with him now either. I'll have to ponder Heat for a bit, but I've been "made whole" so I doubt I can leave bad heat.

Back