Problems with HDTV component output

agentzero9

2[H]4U
On my X800 GTO I get a blue hue over the entire screen through the component output. After teaking with the settings forever I got the screen colors to normalize, but as soon as I closed the Display Properties it went blue again.

This seems to be a common problem with ATI cards but I have not found a definitive solution.

On NV cards it's exactly the same. Blue Hue, This happens because once you hook up the TV it's not running HD yet. In the nv cards you have to change from M/NTSC to HDTV 720P/1080i etc.. to get rid of the hue. It's a stretch but hopefully this helps. :D

The problem with ATI cards is there doesn't seem to be such an easy fix, but I see what track you are on.

When I had it working, the TV correctly displayed it was an HDTV that was conntected, now (with the blue hue) it says just a standard TV is connected. Once I can figure out how to get the videocard to know it's an HDTV, the sooner I can get it to work properly.

Another thing I noticed is that publically, ATI only recognizes this probem in the AIW X600 series of cards, and it does not give a software fix for it. Instead they offer a free DVI-Component adapter once you send them the serial number for your X600 (and pay shipping).

Wow so it's the same. If I knew how to navigate the newer catalyst suite I'd be all over this. :( Sorry dude. Somebody Help Pls.

Back