Project Offset

Blauman

[H]ard|Gawd
I have been following this game since I saw the first screenies and vids of it. Looks like a really ambitious project being that its a Fantasy FPS/RPG. The graphis kick ass IMO. The only thing is that all you know about is just the screenies and vids. I didnt really see anything on the site about any release date. I am really hoping that this is not one of those games that comes out of the gates screaming with a great engine and what looks to be really good game play and then just drops off the face of the earth. If they can pull the gameplay off and make a a great story this will be an awesome game to get when/if it comes out.

Well that studio hasn't announced anything in about a year. However ...

Red 5 Studios (formed by recent Blizzard employees who left), were the first to puchase the rights to use the Offset engine for a new MMORPG they are developing. Shortly after the public announcement of this, Webzen (major Korean publisher) announced they partnered with Red 5 Studios to publish their future breakthrough MMO.

So, don't expect much from the Offset team really, because I think they are a studio of about 3 guys right now trying to sell their engine off rather then building the actual game. Future news about the Offset engine will come in the form of Red 5's\Webzen's future MMORPG.

theNoid said:
Well that studio hasn't announced anything in about a year. However ...

Red 5 Studios (formed by recent Blizzard employees who left), were the first to puchase the rights to use the Offset engine for a new MMORPG they are developing. Shortly after the public announcement of this, Webzen (major Korean publisher) announced they partnered with Red 5 Studios to publish their future breakthrough MMO.

So, don't expect much from the Offset team really, because I think they are a studio of about 3 guys right now trying to sell their engine off rather then building the actual game. Future news about the Offset engine will come in the form of Red 5's\Webzen's future MMORPG.

You should do some research. The Offset team long ago hired two new members (like 8 months ago) and currently the team stands at 19 people. They are most definitely working towards releasing the game.

You all should check out the new video on the site which shows a rather large and menacing dragon.

Erasmus354 said:
You should do some research. The Offset team long ago hired two new members (like 8 months ago) and currently the team stands at 19 people. They are most definitely working towards releasing the game.

You all should check out the new video on the site which shows a rather large and menacing dragon.

My appologies... I havn't checked the site since the last video showcasing the freeze effect on goblins. Glad to hear they are expanding and working towards finishing the game. I'll go check out the new stuff.

Thanks

Yeah I watched the 1080p vid of that dragon. Must say it again, if they pull this off and release it this should be a kick ass game.

Ya, Ive been watching this for awhile now, I think it was first put up here quite awhile ago. Looks like the MP there shooting for is like BF2 but in medievil times. Sounds like a great concept.

Back