Project: Rogue (NZXT SFF)

Second place?:confused:
Jesus, the winning rig must have been fusion powered to beat the rogue...

Congratz on second anyway.

That's the odd thing... and a subject of much controversy across multiple forums. It was a very clean rig, but nothing we haven't been seeing for years.

Words can't describe the epic coolness that case is. VERY NICE WORK Craig!

Thanks man!

Don't think I could ever go as far with wiring/electronics or cram as much stuff into a system as you have, very nice system.

Thanks, just wait until I one-up myself!

that is the nicest work ive ever seen.

Thank you!

Another quick video that has the Rogue at Nvision
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gCHEgXIskbM

Thanks for the link!

It was nice meeting you at the GeForce LAN / NVISION.
img_5152.thumbnail.JPG
Fullsize: http://multimonitor.net/wp-content/uploads/2008/08/img_5152.JPG

It was nice meeting you as well. It's great when you can put a face to all the names you see on these forums. Thanks for the pic!

that is INSANE

Thank you. I appreciate it!

hey Craig.. was was in that prize pack anyways? :cool:

I got a eVGA 790i motherboard and a pair of eVGA 260 GTX FTW's. (The cards will find a home in the Rogue soon!)

Second place? Man, this rig deserves first.

Who won the first place anyway?

Saw who won in this months CPU...

Just wow.

I don't even think the winner thinks he should be the winner.

Yea you definitely should have won. That thing does not look any good imo.
X2... I mean, there is no comparison possible... And at least craig's rig doesn't make me want to "call Gregory" (portuguese way of saying that thing is SO weird-looking it makes me want to barf... :p)

I can clearly see there is an insane amount of work in that case, but that still is a standard ATX box with a couple of big rads and a WC system stuffed in there...

Craig not only also stuffed a full WC system to a much smaller case, but he also stuffed a second system in there, for crying out loud! And an LCD monitor. The sheer amount of calculations alone is something mind-blowing, not to mention the handywork needed to make everything fit without looking like a tangled mess (can't say the same thing about the other rig, unfortunately...).

But anyways, this is not a thread to bash every other rig out there. Suffise to say yours is my reference case (before that, it was a mini-ITX case that fit inside a Windows XP retail box, literally). You're #1 for me.

Cheers.

Miguel

I've read a lot of the posts here, and I gotta say, this is an amazing build...
The fact that you jammed all that equipment in that small space is incredible.

It's sooo clean and neat looking. It's like looking under the hood of an older Jag V12, nothing but motor!!

One question...what does it weigh?

Thanks! I appreciate all the kind responses guys! Just wait until the next project!

Oh, it weighs a little over 80 pounds...

whaaaaaaaaaaaaaat surely.....
thats just unfair, especially since they then praise the mod for "squeezing everything in" pah that case doesnt know the meaning of it in comparison to what the rogue had to go through to accomodate all the stuff craig shoved in it
hard luck on that one craigbru
PS.you came first in MY heart

One of my votes may have gone to Rogue... ;) You, of course, would know this Craig. It deserves it! Right up my alley too in style. Definitely belongs there.

Thanks E.E.L.! maybe... ;)

It sounds like the votes are all pretty damn close. This will be interesting. I think it just goes to show how many amazing rigs were finished this year.

Love your work Craig! You put those new parts in yet? Any pics?

Thanks man! I've got the 260's in the case, but don't have any updated pics. The MSI board decided to take a dump on me, and I'm not sure I'm going to replace it. I'd rather spend the money on the next project. Also, if I were to buy another, I'm not going to go MSI again...

How much Craig?

For the case?

i still don't understand how a black pearl that supports Eatx standard, with some auto paint, with a wc system in it won over a case that originally supported Matx standard, has two systems in it, 2 double radiators, six 120 millimeter fans(somewhat impressive), a peltier, plus a meanwell psu, i still have no idea how you even managed to cram all that shit into your case, if that isn't a case mod, i don't know what is

If you are serious, PM me. :D

Nice, Lol. :p

IIRC he had it insured for over $10,000... so get out your piggybank Z06

I did indeed, although part of that was labor. :D

i still don't understand how a black pearl that supports Eatx standard, with some auto paint, with a wc system in it won over a case that originally supported Matx standard, has two systems in it, 2 double radiators, six 120 millimeter fans(somewhat impressive), a peltier, plus a meanwell psu, i still have no idea how you even managed to cram all that shit into your case, if that isn't a case mod, i don't know what is

Yeah, that's a question that quite a few people were asking. To be honest, I was quite surprised by all of the results. For example, greensabbath was there with his Chiaroscuro mod, which won bit-tech's mod of the year, but didn't even make it to the top 3 at Nvision.

Yeah, that's a question that quite a few people were asking. To be honest, I was quite surprised by all of the results. For example, greensabbath was there with his Chiaroscuro mod, which won bit-tech's mod of the year, but didn't even make it to the top 3 at Nvision.

Yeah. I know we had this discussion before, but it's just how those select judges wanted to lean towards I suppose. Honestly, I'd consider it an honor to even be there. In a personal sense, the other final rigs totally belonged there including Rogue of course. The winner's mod isn't really my kind of thing. But again, nothing against him or his mod at all.

Thanks! I appreciate all the kind responses guys! Just wait until the next project!

Oh, it weighs a little over 80 pounds...
where the hell is the worklog for the new mod? Do you want begging to commence?

For all you modders and "gonna be modders".. dont build for the silly contests, build because you can.

Yeah. I know we had this discussion before, but it's just how those select judges wanted to lean towards I suppose. Honestly, I'd consider it an honor to even be there. In a personal sense, the other final rigs totally belonged there including Rogue of course. The winner's mod isn't really my kind of thing. But again, nothing against him or his mod at all.

I completely agree on all points... :D

where the hell is the worklog for the new mod? Do you want begging to commence?

For all you modders and "gonna be modders".. dont build for the silly contests, build because you can.

Well, the new mod is still in the planning stages. I'm taking a lot of the things that worked so well with the Rogue, and expanding on them. In fact, the case even has a few design cues taken from the Rogue, but that's only because they functions so well. I've got a brainstorming thread over at bit-tech, but here's a peek at the design.

dualityconceptv2jc3.jpg

It will be called Duality, and with good reason. There's so much to this case that can't be seen, but all will be revealed in due time. The case isn't based on anything, it's a scratch build.

Well said Mark, don't build to win, build to have fun. Of course winning is nice, but it's really not the goal. :p

Edit: I know the pic is large, deal with it. :p

Been a while since this has been bumped, huh? I just thought I'd mention that the Rogue got a mention and nice little write up at Desktopped.com Pay a visit for for nostalgia's sake!

You sell the case? If not pm me price, I want a new smaller case that fits an atx motherboard!

Craig, I know this is old but I have to give praise where praise is due, and I just read through all 30 pages and my hats off to you and your workmanship, you are second to none! Beautiful, beautiful work! /giddy school girl clapping

You sell the case? If not pm me price, I want a new smaller case that fits an atx motherboard!

I still have the case, although it's been parted out. It could still be assembled, but I'm not sure what you would do about the hole for the LCD for example, or even the temp gauges. Without those parts, I'm not sure how useful the case is. With those parts included, their cost would likely be more than anyone would want to pay...

Craig, I know this is old but I have to give praise where praise is due, and I just read through all 30 pages and my hats off to you and your workmanship, you are second to none! Beautiful, beautiful work! /giddy school girl clapping

Thanks for the compliments! It's a little strange to think of my initial plans when I started this project, and how things just got crazy shortly after. I've got the same log on other forums, and it's absolutely insane to think that between all of them, I've got around 500,000 views. I really had no idea that would happen. It's all because of the enthusiasm of people like you though!

I still have the case, although it's been parted out. It could still be assembled, but I'm not sure what you would do about the hole for the LCD for example, or even the temp gauges. Without those parts, I'm not sure how useful the case is. With those parts included, their cost would likely be more than anyone would want to pay...

!
:( Like over $200? And also no need for guages. I dont have watercooling. :(

Last edited:
:( Like over $200? And also no need for guages. I dont have watercooling. :(

Well, the case is really set up for water. I'm not sure I could sell it for much less than $200 even without the gauges. The six San Ace fans on top are worth half of that...

I would think more like 500+, those are some really high quality gauges and whatnot.

Yes, that would be more in the ballpark. Unfortunately it puts the case in a position of not really being easily sold. The LCD was around $200, and the gauges are Dakota Digital automotive, and worth about $100 each. All of those parts haven't really dropped in value, and are still useful. Meaning it would take a lot for me to want to sell them at a loss.

Basically, I backed myself in to a corner with this project. It was really only usable when complete, and then only at a cost very few would pay.

Back