Project Snowy.

t0x1k

Gawd
First attempt at painting my case. I had 3 cans of auto laquer and 3/4 can of high temp engine paint. I thought, why not get a nice paint job going. Well after I was done the two side panels I noticed I was running low on engine paint...I used the white laquer on the front bezel and made a gradient effect on the side panels. I haven't got the chance to take a apart my computer to paint the top and bottom panels.
To get the dusty white effect I just sprayed parallel to the case and blew into the paint pushing it onto the case. The finer particles were done with the spray farther away and just letting the paint fall on it naturaly.

I also plan on lapping every part of the insde of the case. Check out the lap job I did on that cd-rom...I can read the words off the forums from the screen on the lap job.

The front bezel needs a few more coats but with this weather it's not possible and the black auto primer I used is still showing, parents don't want me painting in the house.

img20828cu.jpg

Next step is clear coating it with automotive clear coat.

Looks good! I'll be interested to see how the top panel turns out as far as matching the fade.

Nice work! Chenming or Antec? From the look of the slits on the window, I'm thinking Antec. Even so, that case style is awesome. I have a Chenming 602 which is very similar, and I love it.

Keep up the good work! Get that door on there. :D

Back