ps2 or any system through a vid card to the monitor

lillimon04

2[H]4U
ok so how does that work? does it make it look any better or worse? and does it really work for any pc and any monitor?

How would you do that? I thought video cards only had an S-video OUT, not a S-video In.

Op: I've done with my AIW 128 pro but I can tell you there will be a lag, albiet small, it can effect your playability for FPSs so I would suggest not doing it. And if you're wondering, no it did not improve video quality.

aww, well i think the lag is because of ur vid card, i think you hight have to have a high end card for this. but im not sure, anyone else know?

If you couldn't hook up console systems to monitors, or it didn't make them look better, then why do people hook up their Xbox 360's to them? I also don't know how they are doing it, but I just assume that the more current monitors (last couple of years) have all the inputs on them, not on the video card.

If you couldn't hook up console systems to monitors, or it didn't make them look better, then why do people hook up their Xbox 360's to them? I also don't know how they are doing it, but I just assume that the more current monitors (last couple of years) have all the inputs on them, not on the video card.

nope only a few monitors have inputs for consles and stuff, i have one of them but i wanna sell it, so i can buy some water cooling parts. but people that put there 360 on nice monitors use the vga cable from the 360 i think.

I didn't understand your question then. I wouldn't think that a video card would have any effect at all on a console system, since the system has it's own dedicated graphics processors. For a video card to have any effect on it, wouldn't it have to be trying to render the source itself anyway?

ya, but thats wat im asking, is if it does render the video or if its just a bridge from the console to the monitor.

to do this, you need a video card with video in capability by way of a "vivo" connection and software that will allow you to view the video that is being fed into the the video in. the generally accepted best software for such a thing is dscaler.

you don't need avivo or pure video. not to be confused with the commonly used term "vivo" which is short for video-in/video-out.

I don't know anything about input lag that this might cause. though dscaler should make the image look better than if it were just directily displayed onto the monitor, because dscaler has all kinds of filters and stuff that you can apply such as de-interlacing.

though I will say, last gen consoles (ps2, xbox, gamecube) generally look pretty underwhelming on an HD display such as a monitor. unless you have an HDTV with super fancy filters, such as SONY's pro video mode, you are gonna have to get used to blurry aliased images. some games do look better than others though. the more filters that are applied natively in the game's graphics the better off the games image will be. such as okami, a very heavily filtered game that only suffers mildly when played on a monitor. the filters hide the resolution and polygons.

i noe on my 940mw san andreas and espn nfl 2k5(love that game!!!) on the ps2 look horrible, i have it on s-video, had it on component but still looked the same. but fight night round 3 looks beautiful! but how do i use avivo?

Back