PSN games on 5 PS3's

Flow

Limp Gawd
I have a few PSN games like pixeljunk and stardust HD and thinking of sharing these games with a friend of mine (we actually bought it together) since your allowed to spread the game over 5 PS3's max.
Here's the thing. Does this also silently mean that you can only download the game 5 times?
Thats something id really like to know before sharing it with my buddies.
I don't like to find out that i have to rebuy all my games after i install a new HD.

Much appreciated :)

AFAIK you can call Sony and they reset the limit. Might be worth a call first to double check after all you never know how many HDD's you could go thru ;) :D

I thought that even if you downloaded it on another PS3, you had to be logged in as an account that purchased the game to play it. You can only have your account logged in at one PS3 at a time.

Can anyone who's actually tried debunk this please?

I thought that even if you downloaded it on another PS3, you had to be logged in as an account that purchased the game to play it. You can only have your account logged in at one PS3 at a time.

Can anyone who's actually tried debunk this please?

I purchased some downloadable game content on the PLAYSTATION®Network. Part of the product description says the content can be used or downloaded on up to five (5) activated PLAYSTATION®3 system units. What does that mean?

Answer
This means that the content that you purchased may be used by other users on an activated PLAYSTATION®3 system unit after you downloaded the content onto your PLAYSTATION®3 system unit. Some content may require the user to have a PLAYSTATION®Network account, and other content may require you to have additional game content that may be sold separately. For example, you may need to purchase a full game in order to use the character that you purchased on the PLAYSTATION®Network for the game.

Please review the use restrictions associated with the content you purchased. The content may be played up on to 5 activated PLAYSTATION®3 system units at any one time. PLAYSTATION®3 system units may be deactivated so that you can change which PLAYSTATION®3 system units are activated at any time.
http://www.hardforum.com/showthread.php?t=1199275

It's a pity you can't do this with add on content. I was on the verge of creating a DLC group and purchasing the entire rock band library

edit:

Too clarify, I tried this already and there is no download limit.

Here is the deal. When someone registers your master account on their PS3, it activates their system with your Master account.
There is a limit of 5 Activations per Master account. However, the trick is, if someone deactivates their PS3 with your master account after they download whatever, it frees up that slot again, and they can continue to play the downloaded games. So basically you have an unlimited number of ps3s you can share your games out to.

You do NOT have to be logged in as the account that downloaded the games to play them. Unless it is something such as Warhawk/etc which require the account that purchased it to be the one that plays it.

Even expansions such as Oblivions Isle of Shivers works on multiple downloads.
Warhawk is the only one i have encountered that blocks the sharing. I even believe GT5:p will work with game sharing, i do not know 100% though.

Not anymore, latest fw update lifted Warhawk blocks.

Maybe some helpful info on that,
http://www.us.playstation.com/support/useragreements/12

Warhawk Use Restrictions

Purchase or use of this item is subject to the PLAYSTATION®Network Terms of Service, this item’s use restrictions, and other terms of conditions located at http://www.us.playstation.com/support/useragreements. If you do not wish to accept all these terms, do not purchase or use this item. One time fee for download or use solely by the purchasing PSN account on up to five PS3 units, with no more than one activated PS3 unit within a 24 hour period. Content may not be used by any other account.

Video output in HD requires cables and an HD compatible display, both sold separately. This video will play on displays ranging from standard definition to 1080p. However, this video will output at a maximum resolution of 720p.

All I know is that my US account bought Warhawk would only work on my US account.....

Then after 2.40 it worked on my UK and Jap accounts. On another forum others have also confirmed that their copies are working on all accounts.....so go figure.

Back