PSP must haves?

schapman

Gawd
So I finally broke down and picked up a PSP yesterday. I got it along with Final Fantasy Tactics and since i got the star wars bundle I got the included battlefront.. now i'm looking for must have games to track down.

So far I'm thinking about:
MGS:portable Ops - want to get the first one so the new "expac" one is all good
Lumines (should i just go with lumines 2?)
The new silent hill
The new warhammer 40K game coming out
The new diseaga game which comes out quick
Syphon Filter: dark mirror
Thinkin Daxter from the reviews I've seen (i would have got the daxter pack but I wanted to pick up a 4GB memstick and wanted a white psp)

But as far as older stuff, what is there that I need for the full experince?

Also, I'm looking for a case to keep it safe. I already emailed iskin about whether they are going to release their new case soon, but I was wondering if any of you know of a good psp-2000 style case for it.

Thanks

The GTA games are good though the load times in Vice City make you want to tear out your hair.

If you're into 2D sidescrollers, the Mega Man games are pretty good and I'm looking forward to the new Castlevania game.

god of war is looking pretty sweet, but I don't remember when it's supposed to come out. If you like FFT, you might check out Jeanne D'Arc, since it's a "tactics-style" game, and I heard it was pretty good. I also saw that it was only $30 so that's a plus.

I'm going to have to pick up a psp myself (again!) soon, it seems. It's getting a ton of sweet games.

Daxter
Ratchet and Clank
GTA VCS
Puzzle Quest!!!
Crush
Metal Slug
Virtua Tennis 3 if you don't have it on a console
Tekken
Wipeout (both are very good)
Mega man
Loco Roco
Burnout if you don't have it on a console

More: http://www.gamepublic.com/top/psp/

If you like fighting games, Tekken: Dark Resurrection is actually a little more full-featured than it's PS3 big brother. It's also a greatest hit, so it's only $20.
Others that are fun are Daxter, Jean D'Arc, Metal Gear: Portable Ops, and Street Fighter Alpha 3.

if you never played Pirates! you should pick it up for the ds , great game

Along with some of the games mentioned above, you could also take a look at the reviews for Monster Hunter Freedom 2.

It's not a game that everyone 'gets' but it's my favourite and most played game on PSP. You'll either love it or hate it, but certainly check it out, see what the reviews say about it and decide if it's the kind of game you may like playing. Warning though, to get anything out of the game you need to invest time into it:p

isn't there a "tales of" game for the PSP?? you should get that... the Tales of series are awesome...

Is that Battlefront game on it any good? That would be the only reason I get a PSP.

You know i want a PSP but the thing that bothers me the most is the screen seems to eh, blur when you play games like GTA and move around. Does that annoy anyone else? Is the new White PSP any better?

Heh, we have similar stories and tastes in games. I just got my Star Wars PSP and FFT:TWotL last Tuesday. I am going to pick up the following:

Metal Gear: Portable Ops
Disgaea
Jeanne d'Arc
Sega Genesis Collection
Dungeon Siege: Throne of Agony
Worms: Open Warfare 2

The Warhammer 40K game intrigues me, but I am not so sure I want it... I love the 40K universe, but I am kind of wary about the game right now. I'll just have to wait for more info.

I would also love it if I could just rip some of my old PS 1 games to the PS 3 and port them over to my PSP... I would love to play FF 9 and Star Wars: Masters of Teras Kasi on the go.

If you're into racing games, Race Driver 2006 is pretty good. Need for Speed Carbon isn't bad either if you're into that kind of racing game.

Ace Combat is a awesome game too.

If you're into racing games, Race Driver 2006 is pretty good. Need for Speed Carbon isn't bad either if you're into that kind of racing game.

Ace Combat is a awesome game too.

Is NFS: Carbon anything like NFS: Underground? If so, I may have to pick it up...

Lumines 1&2
Mercury Meltdown
Gunpey
Puzzle Bobble Pocket
Ultra Puzzle Bobble Pocket(Bust-A-Move Deluxe)
Every Extend Extra
Gradius Collection
Metal Slug Anthology
Bubble Bobble Evolution
Wipeout Pure
Crush
Castlevania: The Dracula X Chronicles

Imports
Sengoku Cannon
Twinbee Portable
Salamander Portable
Parodius Portable
Star Soldier

Upcoming games
Wipeout Pulse
God Of War: Chains Of Olympus
Sonic Rivals 2(It's looking to be a noticeable improvement over the first one, not that the first was completely terrible, but I digress.)

If you can buy the Japanese version of Lumines 2, from Play-asia or somewhere, because the American version has alot of annoying songs such as "Holla Back Girl" from Gwen "Retarded" Stephani.

The Japanese version is more electronica and techno like the first one. Overall its still a good sequel to the first one.

Yea, except Carbon has the whole free roaming environment thing. The city layout is kinda small but it still is cool.

I thought NFS: Underground 2 (I played it on the XBox) had a pretty free roaming environment..? Is it similar... more expansive..?

I thought NFS: Underground 2 (I played it on the XBox) had a pretty free roaming environment..? Is it similar... more expansive..?

It is there at all, the game is just individual races, no free roaming at all. Carbon's free roaming is really just all the race tracks combined. It is a free roaming environment in the sense that you can drive from race to race. But the city map does seem kinda small because every road is part of one of the race tracks.

Carbon is an easy game too, almost too easy. I beat it in about 3 days.

Back