Q6700 / Abit iP35 Pro crashing in Sisoft Sandra

prasvt

Gawd
Hey guys, wondering if anyone else has had any problems with Sisoft Sandra Pro XII in Vista x32/x64 or with a P35 board. For some reason, my machine freezes when I run any of the benchmarks. It happened when i was running Vista Ultimate x64 and now in x32. It's kind weird...this happens when the machine is running at stock as well - so it's not really a matter of stability.

Is it just not compatible with Vista?

I would say it is a stability issue. Have you run memtest to rule out your memory? Is your ram running at its rated voltage?

It seems like it would be a stability issue - but it's happened w/ two sets of ram, at stock speeds, in two OS's (but both Vista) ...and my machine runs fine otherwise. I've done numerous overnight prime95 runs for stability testing and this is the only app that's having any issues. 3d mark vantage and everest both run without problems ... been encoding 720p x264 movies and no issues there. Before the Mushkin 1066mhz ram in my sig, I had 4 1gb sticks of OCZ 800mhz ram and same issue. This Mushkin ram is rated for 2.0 - 2.1 volts - 2.05 nominal at 1066. I usually run it at 2.075 or 2.1 depending on whether it's oc'd or not.

I have a feeling it's a vista thing or maybe one of the sensors the program is trying to access is causing a crash.

Back