Q9300 - What O/C did you get?

She's watercooled- albeit simply.
Swiftech ApogeeDrive (pump/block combo) and a PA 120.3 radiator.

These 45nm chips run pretty cool, presumably due to the low voltage, so you don't need to get extravagant.

I have mine sittin at 3.5GHz with my EVGA 750i. It was sooo easy to overclock.

nice ram...(noted in sig)

I might trade my 4gb patriot to my bro for his pc 8500 ram. though i do know i can push my patriot extreme at 420fsb...i dunno what im going to do yet...

still waiting for an eta on my processor than i'll order my motherboard..(still doing a little research and contemplating on what to order)

Had to bump up the voltage to get 8 hours Prime stable. I actually have negative VDroop with this motherboard (load voltage jumps from 1.31V to 1.33V) She's a bit toasty, but stable:

Q93008HourPrime95.jpg

Here's a nice review on the Q9300, Q6600, and E8500 in default and over-clocked benchmark tests.

It seems to me that the Q6600 still offers the best value at this time.

Hi,
I'm new to these forums and I know this is an older thread but I was looking for some help. I have the same Msi P7n-sli platinum mobo and a Q9300 cpu that this thread was started about. I've OC'd a few pc's in the past with no probs but for some reason I can't get this baby past 2.68 gigs. Here's a pic of my cpu,mobo,memory and bios info. Hopefully someone can help me out. (I'm looking for a modest cpu bump to 3 gigs). Thanks for any help.

displayimage.php

I've had my q9300 for a few weeks now and have been running it at 3Ghz @ 1.032v (400FSB)

This is running on a P5Q-E with the NB and SB set at auto. I haven't figured out what the default voltage should be for the NB/SB yet, but I think auto should be fine.

I ran Prime95 for 10 hours one night and it was stable and peaked at 55C. I think I'm going to lap my processor as I've done with all my Core 2's.

Back