Q9550 E0 from newegg?

nissanztt90

2[H]4U
Wondering if anyone has purchased a Q9550 from newegg lately...would like to know the stepping...thanks!

Also if anyone knows where i can get a gauranteed E0 like clubit gauranteed a Q6600 G0 way back...id appreciate the info!

Can't speak to Newegg, I didn't get mine from there, got mine from ebay, for the very reason they listed what stepping. Glad I did, it seems to be OCing like a charm! The live cashback didn't hurt either. :D

Have you checked newegg reviews? They take a while to be added, but im sure some good reviewers say what kind they got.

I was going to get a Q9550 from newegg. but I saw a member here was selling a bnib Q9550 c1 stepping for $55 cheaper, couldn't pass up the deal and I am only going to do a small overclock to 3.4ghz.

Thanks for the responses so far...im looking for a 4.0ghz OC so an E0 is pretty much nessecary.

I just got mine less than a week ago from Newegg, I got a C1 with 1.25vid.

I got two Q9550 E0 1.25VID CPUs from NewEgg about a month or slightly more ago. Unfortunately neither could do 4GHz, though one of them seems to be doing well at 3.9GHz now.

yeah I have the Q6600 and i'm looking into getting the Q9550 to take advantage of the higher OCs, lower vid and 45nm tech... Wonder if they'll come down in price much more

Whether or not you hit 4GHz, these E0 models are amazing. Mine does 3.2GHz at 1.20v and 3.6GHz at 1.275v using a CM Hyper TX2 HSF.

yeah I have the Q6600 and i'm looking into getting the Q9550 to take advantage of the higher OCs, lower vid and 45nm tech... Wonder if they'll come down in price much more

While they are faster, you wont be guaranteed to get that much more of an OC. From a user who recently switched from a 3.6ghz q6600 to a 3.84ghz q9550, I can't really say it was worth the money.

I love the chip don't get me wrong, And I had the q9550 paid for my selling off my old cpu + parts, but I am still not sure it was the best decision. My biggest complain is the weak 8.5 multi :(. Not to mention a higher VID than my q6600 :mad:.

Hmm...maybe ill be going for a Q6600 afterall. 4.0ghz isnt nessecary but it would be nice...i definitely want to run 3.6ghz 24/7 though...this would be on water as well...

I saw something about 65w quads coming January 18th. Is that set in stone or just FUD? Anyone care to comment on that if they know something?

I saw something about 65w quads coming January 18th. Is that set in stone or just FUD? Anyone care to comment on that if they know something?
The s models are real, but are also more expensive. The real use max power difference probably won't even be close to 30W vs the non-s models.

Now im having second thoughs...maybe i should just get a Q6600 and be done with it. What does the difference in cache really do? I only game...and id like to play GTA4 so thats why im looking for a quad-core. Ive currently got an e6700. I know i wont see much, if any improvement in games other than GTA4/RTS types but its time to upgrade anyway.

45nm has SSE4.1, uses less power and Yorkfield is also a few percent faster clock for clock than Kentsfield. 8MB L2 vs 12MB L2 doesn't make the biggest difference. If the price is close, get 45nm.

If you're overclocking anyways, it probably doesn't matter which one you get for gaming.

Depends on what you can find fo ra deal on the 2, if the price is sign. less I would say go for the q6600, BUT 3.6 is not gauranteed. Plenty of people here have only been able to reach 3.4, even some say they could only get 3.2

While they are faster, you wont be guaranteed to get that much more of an OC. From a user who recently switched from a 3.6ghz q6600 to a 3.84ghz q9550, I can't really say it was worth the money.

I love the chip don't get me wrong, And I had the q9550 paid for my selling off my old cpu + parts, but I am still not sure it was the best decision. My biggest complain is the weak 8.5 multi :(. Not to mention a higher VID than my q6600 :mad:.

But then again, not everyone can OC the Q6600 to 3.6GHz without going over 1.6V (or without raising their core temp to over 70 C under load)... I'm one of them. My Q6600 on air caps out at 3.4GHz, anything more and I have to go over 1.6V for it to remain stable for any length of time. Further more, if you're utilizing a board designed to run the 45nm chips, then your system overall will see some preformance increase over the 65nm design. Also, you're looking at lower vids, lower heat, etc to achieve higher OCs. Any way you toss that coin, the Q9550 comes out on top?

If the most I can get out of my Q6600 is 3.4GHz on air, then how would going to a Q9550 @ 3.8 or 4GHz "not" be worth it? Specially when you consider that i've got an HD4870x2 which needs a faster CPU to prevent bottlenecking while in 3D apps like Far Cry 2.

But then again, not everyone can OC the Q6600 to 3.6GHz without going over 1.6V (or without raising their core temp to over 70 C under load)... I'm one of them. My Q6600 on air caps out at 3.4GHz, anything more and I have to go over 1.6V for it to remain stable for any length of time. Further more, if you're utilizing a board designed to run the 45nm chips, then your system overall will see some preformance increase over the 65nm design. Also, you're looking at lower vids, lower heat, etc to achieve higher OCs. Any way you toss that coin, the Q9550 comes out on top?

If the most I can get out of my Q6600 is 3.4GHz on air, then how would going to a Q9550 @ 3.8 or 4GHz "not" be worth it? Specially when you consider that i've got an HD4870x2 which needs a faster CPU to prevent bottlenecking while in 3D apps like Far Cry 2.

I posted in agreeance of everything you said above :). (excep the q9550 coming on top)

If we are talking about buying one or the other, it depends on your budget/goal and what you use your computer for.

I honestly don't believe it to be worth it to UPGRADE from a q6600 G0 if you can achieve at least 3.4 at a decent Voltage and lower heat range. I was able to do 3.6 on 1.35v, so for me it was even less of an "upgrade" considering the price of the q9550. But do I regret it?, not at all!

But to let you know, even a q9550 oc'ed to 3.84 is still a bottleneck to the 4870x2 :-D.

I posted in agreeance of everything you said above :). (excep the q9550 coming on top)

If we are talking about buying one or the other, it depends on your budget/goal and what you use your computer for.

I honestly don't believe it to be worth it to UPGRADE from a q6600 G0 if you can achieve at least 3.4 at a decent Voltage and lower heat range. I was able to do 3.6 on 1.35v, so for me it was even less of an "upgrade" considering the price of the q9550. But do I regret it?, not at all!

But to let you know, even a q9550 oc'ed to 3.84 is still a bottleneck to the 4870x2 :-D.

Yeah, for you I would agree if you're achieveing that kinda OC on w/that vid on a Q6600 then there would be no reason to move up... Wish I had that.

I think that in the end it's 25% budget, 35% wanting to achieve the same OC/Benchmarks as others with your potential purchase and 40% "luck of the draw" when it comes to purchasing a new CPU...

I just ordered my q9550 from newegg the day after christmas, and I got a c1, oh well it still flies!

got a e0 from egg a week before christmas, came from nj location....4ghz stable.

Back