Question about gaining Exp while on a team in WoW.

Azureth

Supreme [H]ardness
I thought that if you are teamed up with a certain level person the exp you get gets significantly lowered, but my friend said that his friend that is a level 80 can run him through a few high level dungeons and get him to level up quick. Is that possible?

Sure. It is definitely possible. If they are running a high enough dungeon and the character is low enough of a level to take advantage of the exp hit then, yes, a lower lvl charater could gain a few levels.

When I was in my 50's I had a paladin buddy run me through strat 4 times. I dinged a level every time. When I was in 70 he ran me through utgarde and was getting about 2k xp a kill and 4k rested. The closer to max level you are the more xp you get.

You can solo raid bosses from TBC, with certain builds. People farm their own Thunderfuries now.

If the mobs are still green to the higher level, there won't be any xp penalty.
So basically that's like what? Level 72 and above for an 80?

You can solo strat now? Amazing.
Strat (or at least Strat Dead) was soloable since TBC. I was able to clear everything except Baron on my T5 geared Prot Warrior. A better-geared character with a proper spec (Prot didn't put out much damage back then..) would have had no problem soloing it.

That's cool that you can solo raid bosses and the original high lvl dungeons. Can you solo UBRS? I remember taking friends alts through the deadmines with my lvl 60 mage back in the day, even with reduced exp it was great exp for them, not to mention all the quests they completed.

I did UBRS with my friend's hunter as an 80 feral druid. I was pretty poorly geared (greens/blues) and it was easy except for the Beast and the General. They were quite difficult. Never solo'd like MC or anything though...

I remember soloing strat living for righteous orbs on my shaman during TBC (enhance), only had partial T5 if I remember correctly. Sold for 50-75g each on my server and were guaranteed at least one drop every run (usually got 3-4 and a run only took 30 minutes) Sure it wasn't the best money but it was a hell of a lot more interesting than grinding elementals for motes, and the greens disenchanted into level 50-60 mats which made nice bank (people jacked up the prices of enchanting mats on my server).

The only scary part was Timmy the ghoul outside of the gates actually, he hits amazingly hard for the level.

I have soloed UBRS both as an undergeared, quest blues and greens, Blood DPS DK and as a Prot pally as a fresh 80. Even at 80 the General hits hard and that was the only tough part for me, but smart use of cooldowns got me through him.

I am currently grinding TBC faction reps, so I can try soloing Outlands heroics in pre-Naxx gear. Just something to do while I wait for Cataclysm.

Back