Question about reinstalling Tiger..

datamage

Limp Gawd
If I wanted to reinstall Tiger, would it affect my Windows partition (w/boot camp?) Also, would everything that came installed on my MBP be available?

Your Tiger install discs have all the software that came with your MBP on it already, that will be available, and no, it should not mess with your BootCamp partition, but I'm not sure if reinstalling OS X and then installing BootCamp to gain access to your Windows HD will give any problems, do you even need bootcamp besides partitioning and making drivers and stuff? What else does it provide? EFI/Bios emulation for Windows I guess. Either way you should backup both partitions elsewhere.

You will probably have to reinstall boot camp for Windows to boot correctly.

Optional87 said:
Either way you should backup both partitions elsewhere.

Ding! Just make sure you backup your important stuff and you'll be able to recover if you have any issues. I don't know why anyone wouldn't be doing regular backups these days anyway.

Right, thanks for the info guys. Im not worried about backing anything up right now. This is a brand new MBP, and I dont have any critical information on it. I just didn't want to reconfigure windows, tweak, optimize, etc, etc. Heh, funny thing is, the more I use OSX, the less I want to boot into windows anyway. :)

datamage said:
Right, thanks for the info guys. Im not worried about backing anything up right now. This is a brand new MBP, and I dont have any critical information on it. I just didn't want to reconfigure windows, tweak, optimize, etc, etc. Heh, funny thing is, the more I use OSX, the less I want to boot into windows anyway. :)

I would use a mac 100% of the time if I had a Mac Pro as my desktop, I could life without the "gaming" I do on my PC so long as I have my PS2, Gamecube (soon to be Wii), and soon an Xbox 360.

I seriously stopped gaming for real when I got hooked on Final Fantasy XI, now it's either console games, or that, and that game doesn't need that much power. My PC as it is right now was WAY too good for it anyways!

I'd like to find a more current game that I can get into that will keep my PC power hunger true, but I LOVE OS X so much I can't stay away!

*Back to my MacBook while playing Kingdom Hearts 2 on my PS2.*

Back