Question on tubing

Ashbringer

Supreme [H]ardness
I'm trying to resurrect my old Evercool WC-202 (Kingwin AWC-1) that I dug up from my attic. The pump failed, and the water block doesn't fit my Phenom X4. The kit uses 3/8" OD tubing. Will any water block and pump fit, or there's only a certain size I can go with? I'm not interested in replacing everything.

**EDIT**

Also, if anyone knows where I can get a clip that holds down a water block for AM2+ sockets. That's probably what I need instead of a water block.

Last edited:
Whats the ID of the tubing? You can get 1/4" OD barbs (im assuming the ID of 3/8 tubing will be about that) which will fit the tubing and fit to anything with G1/4 fittings (pretty much everything). Theres some new tubing here too. All waterblocks now are usually g1/4" threaded, so pick anyone you like :D

Not sure what the ID is, considering it's not something advertised on this kit. Honestly, forgot all about FrozenCPU. It's been a while since I've cared about water cooling.

Went to Microcenter and picked up a cheap $7 CPU cooler, and was able to salvage the water block. Just used the clip from the cheap air cooler. :p

Filled it with tap water and I can see why I stopped using this years ago. The pump hardly pumps, and I have it installed in an old Athlon 64 X2 3600 machine, and the motherboard reads 53 degree C with light web browsing.

My Phenom X4 is running at 31 C air cooled, and overclocked. So this would be an obvious downgrade. I wonder if a new pump will make it worth it?

I suspect you would need to upgrade the whole entire thing, which would cost you somewhere in the neighborhood of $150 for a decent watercooling setup. 1/4" ID tubing restricts the flow quite a bit.

Well, I ordered the XSPC X20 200 Acrylic Pump / Reservoir Combo from Frozen CPU with the 3/8" fittings. If you're right Tsumi then in the future I'll just need new fittings. For now, I'll need to re-purpose the radiators from that old kit. Got some good ideas from this guy. Thanks for the help.

Back