Questions for AntecRep

larrymoencurly

[H]ard|Gawd
1. What does the second tiny thermistor in SmartPower PSUs do? This is the one on the opposite side of the thermistor and doesn't seem to be involved in fan speed control. I phoned Antec, but nobody there knew. The original SmartPowers ATX ver. 1.3 PSUs didn't have them, but the newer ver. 1.3 PSUs do. Is this second thermistor for thermal shutdown in case the PSU overheats? Because I tried paralleling a pot across it, but even the lowest setting (to simulate high temperature) didn't seem to do anything.

2. Why does Antec continue to use Fuhjyyu brand capacitors in its PSUs? These don't have the same high reputations as do brands like Nichicon, Chemicon, Sanyo, Rubycon, Panasonic, etc., and they're about the only capacitors that have failed in any of my PSUs. This was in a 300W SmartPower that averaged only 60W, almost all on the +5.0V and +3.0V.

I don't know, but I"ll see if I can find out. Sorry for the lack of reply, I was on vacation from 6/16 until yesterday so I'm just getting caught up on things.

Back