Quick question, the difference between Corsair HX an TX?

mimoawi

Weaksauce
im replacing my Corsair 620HX and i see that the the 750TX cheaper than 620XH , the problem is the dont have any HX models in the stock at the moment. is it ok to get the the 750TX?
thanks

HX is their enthusiast line. It's also modular. The TX series are not. But in that aspect, their both strong good PSUs

HX is their enthusiast line. It's also modular. The TX series are not.

This alone would be enough to steer me away from the TX line. I've only owned one modular PSU (a Corsair HX620W coincidentally) and it's just so much more elegant than having to deal with a handful of cables that you have no intention of using. Modular PSUs just make sense. Being Corsair, both of the PSUs will obviously be very high quality so whichever you go for you shouldn't be disappointed, but if you're coming from the HX620W you'll probably be wanting the modular cables.

im replacing my Corsair 620HX and i see that the the 750TX cheaper than 620XH , the problem is the dont have any HX models in the stock at the moment. is it ok to get the the 750TX?
thanks

Just be carefull, i was gona get the TX750 but its not crafted by Seasonic like HX620 or TX650, by this im not implying the 750 is bad at all, just i read some reviews that put it much noiser than their lower line, if noise aint an issue for you disregard this post.

thanks
The HX620 is a slightly bettter-quality PSU than the TX750, but the TX is still a great PSU and will be perfectly suitable for replacing an HX620.

If you want a "true upgrade" from the HX620, get the TX850W, it is usually within $10 of the 750W,
of course the HX1000 is modular!:)

the difference is modular or not modular, all corsair power supplies are good, they split the lines between CWT and Seasonic, and both are fine. it really just comes down to personal preference which one you like better. i tend to stick with what i have used and know works, so i have a Seasonic model, not to say the CWT is worse, i just stick with what i have used in the past.

i wouldn't say the TX750 is a lower model than an HX620, it is comparing apples to oranges one is modular and the other one isn't. completely 2 different power supplies. and there are arguments for whether to get modular or go with fixed cables, all personal preference really. i like modular in mid towers just because it makes cable management easier in the smaller space,

i suggest getting the one that meets your power requirements, and aside from that don't worry about it, you are getting a quality product no matter what you choose.

if it concerns you that much whether it is a CWT or Seasonic then i'd suggest doing a quick search on the forums, i remember seeing a thread that broke down which corsair units were made by which company

Another vote for modular. It's definitely a feature worth prioritizing. I'm considering a new PSU and will only go with the HX1000 even though it's more expensive and powerful than I really need.

Another vote for modular. It's definitely a feature worth prioritizing. I'm considering a new PSU and will only go with the HX1000 even though it's more expensive and powerful than I really need.
Which means it will run cooler & quieter & probably outlast the usefulness of our current ATX/EPS requirements. :D

indeed i want stay with the modular, so i got them to order another HX620W :)going to pick it up now:D

agree. can't wait to get my 1.2kW silverstone modular :)

nice 1000 watts? Man what computer are you building? :p
Just adding a couple more hard drives. The HX1000 has more horsepower than I really need at the moment, but I decided to keep my desktop PC for at least another two years instead of buying/building a new one this summer. The heftier PSU will easily handle any upgrades (new CPU :D) I add down the road.

Back