Rack Stand for my Western Digital External Hard Drives

Hello,

I have several Western Digital External Hard Drives and I'm looking for a Rack/Stand to place them.

Any help is greatly appreciated.

The OP said a rack for external drives not a way to use internal drives in an external device unless I am greatly confusing what you are saying.

Thanks. Yes I'm looking for a Rack/Stand for external Hard drives that I could place while they are in use. Could I place the external hard drives on top of one another or would it get too hot? They are Western Digital USB 2.0 External Hard Drives.

Hey guys,

I'm still searching for a Rack/Stand for 8 external hard drives. Right now I have the 8 Western Digital Elements External Hard Drives placed on top of each other but I'm worried that they may get too hot.

Thanks.

I don't believe that a specific rack or stand for external hard drives exists. All of the hard drive racks that I've seen are designed for internal, bare drives.

The best advice I could give you is to find a shelf or tray that you could use for your external drives. I know that isn't the answer you're looking for, but I don't have anything better to offer.

As for stacking your drives, that may not be such a good idea. Many of the popular external drives come with no cooling fans, so the external enclosure is designed to act as a heatsink (for lack of a better term) to draw the excess heat away from the actual drive.

i recall my external western digitals being in a cheap fanless case so i just gutted them and put it into the previously mentioned 4 in 3 and attaching a 120mm in front

if i were you i'd remove the housing

otherwise you could always macgyver something that holds it all and put some fans on top to help with the heat.......you could always rackmount something but you'd still be stuck with the stacking problem

the ideal solution would be to lose the plastic and make a nas box out of them all

Back