Rackmount DJ System? Advice

No Tact

Gawd
Need advice.

A friend has a DJ station using a laptop right now. Running Final Scratch software.

He wants a rackmount & an LCD. Will install Rackmount is box with other hardware used for DJ shows. Doesn't play games, etc. Just DJ and internet.

Looking at something similar to this one with these specs and Win XP Pro.

I really don't like Tiger Direct and know there is somewhere better to get one. You guys are the source of all that is good, for the most part LOL, Ad vice needed?

Links
Specs
Etc.

Budget $1,200.00 for rackmount and LCD.

Thanks

$15
s good, but I would go with win 2k, and i think final scratch can work with linux??? If he doesn't want the system BSOD'ing in the middle of his gig.

Newegg sells a 1u case w/ PSU for $150 Case

I've had good luck with this motherboard (nforce2 w/igp) Mobo

120 gb hdd, about $95
512 of ddr 333 about $80
Chip (would either go w/ a 2500 barton or a 1700 tbird) about $45- $85,

Cooler

cheap burner CDRW
$33

About $500 depending on part choices.

And double the cost with this lcd

edit: all the stuff is from newegg, they are good to (it seems) everyone here including me.

Yep love new egg. I don't want to build one want it pre built. Don't want to learn Linux. You would suggest Win 2K?

Anyone know of a place to get a nice pre built for reasonable?

Also no AMD for him. He wants p4 and I would suggest it too due to heat issues.

not sure why TekieB doesn't like windows XP, it'll work fine (and so will 2k, just don't run a 9x os, but you know that!)

i thought that final scratch wasn't run through an normal OS, it had its own little one. :confused:

not sure why TekieB doesn't like windows XP, it'll work fine (and so will 2k, just don't run a 9x os, but you know that!)

I've nerver had a 2k system fail for me, And have had about 5 xp based ones fail on me. And 2k donesn't use up as many system resources.

I guess it's just a matter of personal preference.

crap!
I've never had an XP (or 2k for that matter! :))system fail on me. (I was a beta tester back in 2001)

Just found this from the final scratch site (Final Scratch

FinalScratch® software runs on a Linux platform and works in conjunction with Windows - Linux is included in the FinalScratch® software CD and is automatically installed when you load FinalScratch® - Linux and Windows will reside on the same hard drive and the desired operating system is selected at boot-ip

So I guess it does have it's own os, wonder if you can run it without installing windows altogeather?

Head down to Barnes & Nobles, Borders, or any other bookstore and go to the mgazine section. Every single PC MAgazine, PC World, and Linux Journal is bombarded with server style advertisements. If you really want, I can look a few up for you.

Back